Derrick Rose Torn ACL...Blame Shoes

Feel terrible for him. Shump as well. Sucks to see this kinda thing happen as a fan of the sport, no matter what team you support. Especially in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Grover ain't gonna let no Adidas dude come work out in his gym
laugh.gif

tmac and arenas both worked out there last summer

I was at the game...it went from jubilation/ruckus to a wake-like atmosphere. I hope the kid recovers fully. It may cost him most of next season too, but we'll see.

The Bulls can probably get to the ECF if they play inspired ball and depending on matchups but we'll see.

When I wrote Blame Shoes I was referring to S4L but guess it worked out either way
laugh.gif

People blaming the shortened season I understand and I'm sure it contributed somewhat...But the guy didn't play half the year. He was injured all year with other injuries...I know people think the NBA is %$@#% but this *#%* is rough, injuries happen.

Every generation has there "what if" injury guy, would really suck if that ends up being Rose, hope guy can climb his way back.

And for the people discrediting the Heat already before they have even played 2 playoff games, lets not act like these guys didn't storm through all these obstacles last year come playoff team.  I know its impossible to prove but let's be real, Rose or no Rose, Howard no Howard, Miami was coming out of the East.

And I mean isn't the multiple championships the point of them joining together in the first place? Of course it would be a failure if they only won one no matter how much the tune has changed among those guys after their clown act the first season.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Every generation has there "what if" injury guy, would really suck if that ends up being Rose, hope guy can climb his way back.

That's Brandon Roy. Rose will come back next year and probably do what he did this year. I really hope his play doesnt fall off though; he's one of the few superstars I like.

Maybe Im a little biased cause Im a huge bulls fan but I think it kind of does taint the Mia championship if they do go on to win it because they wouldnt have to go through the team with the best record in the NBA and the reigning MVP. Not saying that Rose is Jordan but if Jordan had suffered a season ending injury in say 97 would the team that eventually won the chip have a asterik by their win?

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Maybe Im a little biased cause Im a huge bulls fan but I think it kind of does taint the Mia championship if they do go on to win it because they wouldnt have to go through the team with the best record in the NBA and the reigning MVP. Not saying that Rose is Jordan but if Jordan had suffered a season ending injury in say 97 would the team that eventually won the chip have a asterik by their win?
the heat went through them last year when they had the best record. c'mon man. the heat are the FAVORITES. 

Yes.....but that's damn Michael Jordan we're talking about. Rose isn't even the best player in the league at this moment, let alone of all-time.

^ not saying you're wrong, because you aren't, but its funny to see NYK fans singing a different tune after game 1.

Just 2 days ago you guys were going to win that series in 6...

A Heat championship won't be tainted, injuries happen it's apart of the game. Now if star players in the West got hurt too would y'all say the same thing if the Lakers won it all?

If anything I'd be impressed that a team could make it all the way through this shortened season with their health intact

Originally Posted by AB Doom

Adidas needs to address their poor performance technology in their sneakers...just terrible!!! Dwight Howard, Chauncey Billups, D. Rose and Shumpert all Adidas athletes smdh!!!

I didn't think much of people blaming the shoes, but after reading this list a long with a few other major athletes who have had serious injuries wearing Adidas....It just makes you think.
There's been a lot of people who have complained about those Crazy Lite Adidas shoes. I know D-Rose wasn't wearing those, but remember last season the one time he wore them he rolled his ankle in the playoffs and so did Collison.

I don't think it mattered that Tibs kept him in the game with the lead. The injury involved zero contact, it was bound to happen.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

the heat went through them last year when they had the best record. c'mon man. the heat are the FAVORITES. 
The heat are the favorites just because the the names they have on their team. We are a better team this year than last and if RIP plays the way he did today he really adds another element to our team. So while losing Rose isnt losing MJ he was the MVP and by far our best player and it pretty much takes out the biggest foe and potential roadblock to miamis chip

Originally Posted by wcghost

90 seconds left, up by 12? i blame thibs.

True game was over and he shouldnt have been in but this couldve happened at any time/game especially with his style of play. Sucks that we wont see him in the Olympics either. Really hope he comes back strong from this when its all said and done....oh and Petrie is lame as hell for that tweet
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Anybody know if it's a partial or full tear?

Doesn't really matter. He'll have to have reconstruction anyway because ligaments don't receive circulation and will need a graft in order to fix it.

Hope D Rose doesnt end up like Penny.

Both played at Memphis, both wear #1.

Hoping he takes time and fully recovers doesnt try to rush back.

Adidas needs to address their poor performance technology in their sneakers...just terrible!!! Dwight Howard, Chauncey Billups, D. Rose and Shumpert all Adidas athletes smdh!!!

ahhh yes.... remember when it was nike being called out for causing players injury on this board? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Hope D Rose doesnt end up like Penny.

Both played at Memphis, both wear #1.

Hoping he takes time and fully recovers doesnt try to rush back.

Oh hell naw!! 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ahhh yes.... remember when it was nike being called out for causing players injury on this board? 
laugh.gif
Nike Hyperize? Those shoes were awful.
I knew plenty of people complaining about them before all the NBA injuries.

I'm devastated. First Cutler and Forte...then Toews and Hossa. Now Rose.. All major injuries that have impacted a Chicago teams season.

Now I have to watch John Lucas III dribble the air out of the ball and throw up a jumper at the end of the shotclock...

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Nike has you fools BRAINWASHED
Co-sign 100%. I know it is "Nike" Talk but their products are not much better, if at all, compared to Adidas, Under Armour, and other similar athletic footwear/sportswear companies.

Back
Top Bottom