Did/Will you preorder Destiny

• Yes

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Still on the fence

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
Dumbing-down the "lore" of the game entering D2 really had a big effect on this, hence why we've had absolutely ****-TIER effort in weapon designs and weapon names for most of the legendaries and "D2-original" exotics we have had up until this point. Even the strikes and the raid itself feels pointless (no importance on the Emperor Valus character whatsoever EXCEPT that he was the original Red Legion leader before Gaul took over)

Hopefully Bungie actually listened to the lore people at that Community Summit of theirs.............."HOPEFULLY"

That's the thing.... I listen to My Name is Byf on Youtube, and he mentioned they only invited ONE person to the event from the lore community. And it wasn't him, which is a mis-step in my opinion.

That's the thing.... I listen to My Name is Byf on Youtube, and he mentioned they only invited ONE person to the event from the lore community. And it wasn't him, which is a mis-step in my opinion.

True

At the same time, Myelin Games (that ONE PERSON was invited) stated in his experience from the Summit that basically all the other "non-Lore" folk in the summit basically rallied around Myelin Games's comments about the lore AND even interjected their own opinions about adding more "importance" to gear and activities in the game as well.

As much as having Byf to come along with Myelin Games would've helped give more representation for the lore community to have their voice spoken, the overall Destiny community from all aspects of the game in both PvE and PvP have the same sentiments about addressing "the lore" in D2 as the lore community themselves............at least according to what Myelin Games has been saying.

So there is some hope right there, that at the very least.........there is some unanimous consensus among the Destiny community, not just the lore community, that D2's lore needs to brought back to a level of importance again SO that the other activities in the game will hold greater incentive to perform when it comes to how the gear will be presented in the end.

Anyone play Warmind yet? Just got home from work, gonna get a couple hours in to check it out before bed.

Heroic Strikes feel like Nightfalls at current levels, seeing way more deaths than usual. Crucible is still crucible, I like the new weapons, they seem better thought out perks wise. Escalation protocol seems impossible until everybody levels up to 360-370 atm, the secret exotics are a nice touch.

Story was another disappointment though........

There's still a long way to go, but this DLC was a big step in the right direction

It was short, but I really enjoyed the campaign

Campaign should have been done better. They definitely added items to grind for. That’s the key.

Heroic Strikes feel like Nightfalls at current levels, seeing way more deaths than usual. Crucible is still crucible, I like the new weapons, they seem better thought out perks wise. Escalation protocol seems impossible until everybody levels up to 360-370 atm, the secret exotics are a nice touch.

Story was another disappointment though........

thats crazy cause secret exotics was just exotics before that the community found. game was great in D1.

idk why i keep saying this. im zoot. peace.

Campaign should have been done better. They definitely added items to grind for. That’s the key.

Yep

I'm having a good time searching for those emblems (reminds me of RE4) and the override frequencies actually make the open world content feel worthwhile

Loving the new exotics too...Fighting Lion is actually fun to use now

Has the new raid lair been cleared yet? As far as I can tell, we're still waiting for world's first

Finally got around to playing this dlc and this is my reaction
incredulous.gif

Story was trash
Missions were trash
S.O.S.
PvP was fun tho

Finally got around to playing this dlc and this is my reaction
incredulous.gif

Story was trash
Missions were trash
S.O.S.
PvP was fun tho

They added some grinding elements to the game which is a good start. No one I saying it’s changed much but it is a step unlike the previous dlc which was just more of the same.

And most important, public events aren’t the end game anymore.

They added some grinding elements to the game which is a good start. No one I saying it’s changed much but it is a step unlike the previous dlc which was just more of the same.

And most important, public events aren’t the end game anymore.
This, end game has been added/expanded upon. Actually had to run both raids on all my characters last week to prepare for SOS.

Speaking of which, it appears the guy on the Destiny subreddit that analyzes Time-To-Kill data on weapons................he just got hired at Bungie to essentially, improve that aspect of the game

dev_roadmap_5_16_18_1.jpg

Design Lead Derek Carroll:
I can already hear you asking “What is Crucible Labs?” and I’m glad you want to know more. Update 1.2.1 will include a new feature intended to give you a peek behind the scenes and a louder voice in our creative process. Crucible Labs will give every player of Destiny 2 access to experimental PvP content. We’ll then have a chance to solicit your feedback to guide our final iterations. You'll learn more about Labs before launch. For today, with it making an appearance on the Roadmap, I wanted to give you a preview of our goals. More to come on this soon.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46871

CRUCIBLE LABS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED (basically a public test server for Crucible gameplay, with the ability to deliver feedback to the devs. on proposed sandbox changes)

Honestly, this DLC is so refreshing. Campaign could've been extended but it had some fun moments in it. The buffs to Exotics are great, Graviton and Crimson are filth

Back
Top Bottom