Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Good stuff last night, thanks to you, @iHust1e @EvoXR1 and the rest of the gang for holding my hand through my first Vault! :D

The Atheon's Epilogue and Found Verdict were nice bonuses! :smokin

You needed that Epilogue bad, your previous primary was still a blue. Use those shards that you received to push yourself to 29.

So whats the name to the other raid team? ....whats TST?

Technically we need at least raid 3 teams, 4 teams would be ideal.

Last edited:
A couple other noob questions to clear up:

Now that I've done Vault of Glass once, do other "raids" open up? Can you only do one per day/week, etc?

The Vault of Glass on my Venus still is highlighted/spinning, do I need to do that one on my own?

Always appreciate you guys!

No TMT raid if I wasn't there, so it must have been TCT (Credit) running last night
happy.gif

Congrats on getting that Vex finally Biggie

Zero finally joining the Fatebringer squad

Infra completing the raid finally as well, congrats. I will hate on you because I cannot get an Epilogue to drop for the life of me running 2 characters every week
laugh.gif
mean.gif

You probably have it spinning still because you completed the raid on normal and now you have unlocked the raid on hard now to complete.

Recommended level 29 with all 300 weapons to go in there. Also have a void secondary and heavy also. That Epilogue will come in handy in there as well for you.

You can run the normal raid 1x per week and the hard mode raid 1x per week after that....OR....what most of us do.....run the hard mode raid 1x per week  only and you get double drops at the boss checkpoints. You can only get the loot chests once a week regardless if you do hard or normal mode as well.

Now that I've done Vault of Glass once, do other "raids" open up? Can you only do one per day/week, etc?

The Vault of Glass on my Venus still is highlighted/spinning, do I need to do that one on my own?

It's spinning because you can still do the hard version. You can do 1x on normal and 1x on hard. Or you do it 1x on hard and get double chance at drops. I do it just on hard because there are certain drops like the Fatebringer, the Foil, the Timepiece, the Helmet, and the Vex that only drop on Hard.

Granted I'm only missing the Foil now out of all the drops. Officially an owner of a Vex as of last night.

Little edit, the Vex is straight trash, 121 crit on level 3 fallen? What a joke.

Last edited:

I'm assuming you did a normal raid since you're 28. I think with a hard raid, it stops spinning (not sure though). The raid works kinda like the dailies in that if you do the normal difficulty, you get one set of drops, or you can do harder and get double drops. If you beat the normal, then you can do the hard to get one additional set of drops (only on the double roll chests). I think I typed that out real confusingly, but basically once you're able to do the hard raid, just do that one instead of normal (unless you like raiding just to raid). Next week, when the expansion pack drops, new missions will be available and eventually a new raid will be available as well.

Nah, as of now there is only one raid. The second raid will be coming with the DLC. You can only run the raid on Normal once a week and gain rewards. If you run the raid on Hard you get four additional rewards at the Oracles, Templar, Gatekeepers, and Atheon. However if you run the raid on Hard first, then you get double roll so doing Normal after would be pointless.

I think the raid is still spinning on Venus because you didn't complete it as a fireteam leader so technically you didn't finish it on your campaign. I'm not sure though, maybe it's always spinning.

EDIT: Beat me to it lol

And Quad you should definitely know what TST is...

The STRUGGLE Team. The part I'm not too proud of...

Last edited:
Ya'll came at me strong with the answers there! Much appreciated. Now I'll focus on maxing these guns/armor and get ready to hard raid!

Ya'll already buy the expansion through PSN or waiting until that day?

Ya'll came at me strong with the answers there! Much appreciated. Now I'll focus on maxing these guns/armor and get ready to hard raid!

Ya'll already buy the expansion through PSN or waiting until that day?

I have the digital guardian edition which I got for $80.00 so I have both already purchased. I know the raid group that I run with has it purchased mostly, if not all at this point.

I have the digital guardian edition which I got for $80.00 so I have both already purchased. I know the raid group that I run with has it purchased mostly, if not all at this point.

Nice, yeah I'ma grab it soon.

Also, how often do you guys do Nightfalls? How tough are they in relation to normal/hard raids? And when it comes to rewards/drops, how lucrative are they?

Also, how often do you guys do Nightfalls? How tough are they in relation to normal/hard raids? And when it comes to rewards/drops, how lucrative are they?

Nightfalls are either a guaranteed Exotic, purple weapon/armor, purple engram, shards, energy, or strange coins. You can do them 1x per character per reset (so 1x per week). They are somewhat easier because they usually have some sort of burn so it's 300% more damage you do as long as have that weapon type but you also take 300% more damage if you get hit. It's harder to solo now I heard and if you die you get ported straight to orbit rather than to the last checkpoint. My suggestion is to find 2 people to run the nightfall and weekly with every week. Most of us have our set teams, I know that I'm lucky to have mine.

In terms of normal raid vs hard raid it's definitely harder at least once you reach the gatekeeper, that part can be a gut check if you don't have the proper weapons, coordination, and communication. The main difference in hard is that once you die during an encounter you can't be resurrected until you wipe or the encounter is completed. There are also a few kinks to the fights like detainment during Aetheon for the 3 or more people that don't get ported.

We try to knock the nightfalls out on Tuesdays. They give you the 25% xp bonus for the rest of the week, so you want to do that first, so everything you do after gets the bonus.

Normally run it after we knock the raid out on Tuesdays. (Myself, Zero and Biggie do at least)

You can get anything from an exotic, to ascendant shards/energy, strange coins, motes of light, Legendary armor/weapon, or just a legendary engram.

Depending on which "burn" they have and other modifiers determines how hard it will be.

Burn is void, solar, or arc....If it has one of those burns then it make it easier as long as everyone in the group has weapons for that burn to do the extra damage that comes with it.

Sometimes there is a modifier where the enemy can 1-shot you with melee, so you have to stay out of close range most of the time with them. Also, of course if everyone dies then you go back to orbit and have to start over again. It makes having a Warlock with rebirth clutch in the event something crazy happens.

We normally can knock out 3 nightfall runs, after the raid, in about 40-45 minutes. We normally do them in 15 minutes or so and just swap weapons that we need for the week to our alt characters and go again.

Nightfalls are either a guaranteed Exotic, purple weapon/armor, purple engram, shards, energy, or strange coins. You can do them 1x per character per reset (so 1x per week). They are somewhat easier because they usually have some sort of burn so it's 300% more damage you do as long as have that weapon type but you also take 300% more damage if you get hit. It's harder to solo now I heard and if you die you get ported straight to orbit rather than to the last checkpoint. My suggestion is to find 2 people to run the nightfall and weekly with every week. Most of us have our set teams, I know that I'm lucky to have mine.

In terms of normal raid vs hard raid it's definitely harder at least once you reach the gatekeeper, that part can be a gut check if you don't have the proper weapons, coordination, and communication. The main difference in hard is that once you die during an encounter you can't be resurrected until you wipe or the encounter is completed. There are also a few kinks to the fights like detainment during Aetheon for the 3 or more people that don't get ported.

Good to know on Nightfalls, sounds like some solid rewards then. I will get myself all maxed out to my best abilities then try to find some comrades to work these raids/falls each week. 8)

King_Jaffie_Joe

I can do either one but what ever is preferred in the group

@freshpairs Cool I got you

Good stuff last night, thanks to you, @iHust1e @EvoXR1 and the rest of the gang for holding my hand through my first Vault! :D

The Atheon's Epilogue and Found Verdict were nice bonuses! :smokin

Man you did great. Held your own the whole time. And now you have that atheon :pimp: :pimp:

Def should do it again!

@EvoXR1 were you with us last night? I had got a friend request but we were already in the midst of the raid. I'll add when I get home

And sign me up for the #TST if they are spots! I'd love to have a NT crew to run with regularly :smile:

And not sure if that's a typo up there...but the timepiece does drop during normal raid. See as though I got it last night lol. And shards and energies smh lol

*apologies for the lack of pink font. On my phone at work currently*

Finally got my Fatebringer man, still no gear for my Titan after 3 hard modes smh.. All I need is a helmet to get to 30, but I still want the whole set.

Missing 2 guns from the raid still, foil and timepiece.

Last edited:
Crazy how the 2 people that needed Fatebringers from my team got them at the same time :lol:

Shoutout Zero :pimp:

Also, is there anyway of getting video clips from PS Share from old destiny games? I had a nasty crucible game, but for some reason when I went to save it went to the game before smh

Last edited:
Crazy how the 2 people that needed Fatebringers from my team got them at the same time :lol:

Shoutout Zero :pimp:

Also, is there anyway of getting video clips from PS Share from old destiny games? I had a nasty crucible game, but for some reason when I went to save it went to the game before smh

Yea, it's a good thing that it finally dropped for the people that needed it rather than it being sharded yet again.

Wait. I think I might have the timepiece confused with the scooter thingy. I just got the scooter thing yesterday and swore it was called the timepiece

Wait. I think I might have the timepiece confused with the scooter thingy. I just got the scooter thing yesterday and swore it was called the timepiece

Timepiece is an Arc Pulse Rifle that drops off the Gatekeeper in HM only.

Crazy how the 2 people that needed Fatebringers from my team got them at the same time
laugh.gif

Shoutout Zero
pimp.gif

Momma we made it!!!!!!!!!

Dat Fatebringer doe... Finally!!!!

Back
Top Bottom