Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I am about to put this guy from a car group I am in, in the same category as Frost with all the drops I see him post lately
sick.gif

He got TLW in the 1st chest....got No Land Beyond on his 2nd character from a chest.

Then ran a nightfall and got Starfire Protocol from one
sick.gif

Why can't I have this luck?!
mean.gif

Still 0 and infinity from that crota chest man. Aint eem get radiant shards smh. Just the energies 

When we running the NFs/raids fellas?
What's wrong with energies? Level up that Hunger of Crota, Song or Iry (I don't even know the spelling lol), Black Hammer, Swordbreaker, and Light of the Abyss. Or save them for the primaries when they go live in HM.
all I have is that HoC. I have all the new raid armor except for the helmet. Would rather the shards to hit 32

Random question....

What are you guys doing to go to 30?
I am just asking because with the new vendor armor pieces, you can go straight to 31. You can buy 2 pieces with crucible/vanguard marks and the other 2 you need the commendation (helm/chest).

If you go with:

Exotic helm (drop, bought from Xur, or upgrade from xur) to get 36 light
33 light gloves & boots
commendation to buy chest piece for 33 light

This would have you at level 31.

This is what I did when the DLC came out. I bought 1 vanguard piece and 1 crucible piece on one character. I leveled up a faction and had the marks and bought the chest piece for the 3rd piece on another character, and I bought the exotic helm from Xur that Friday. I also bought a helm to switch out that had 33 light as well before Xur showed up.

I just feel like it is an unnecessary step to go to 30 and then 31 now with the faction armor out that is higher than the raid armor now. You are wasting ascendant shards and materials that you will also need to farm and get more of doing this extra step as well.

Just my .02

That's exactly how I did it

But thing is I barely play with my alts so for my Titan I had zero plasteel. So I did some vanguard roc grind to get some. And had enough to upgrade his gear to get to lvl 30.
All his gear is 33 light, his arms are 36 light exotic.

Same with my warlock. I have a 36 light exotic and a 36 light raid chest piece. the rest of my gear is 33 light. I just don't have enough of those hadrionic essences to level up the gear.

My hunter is my main and dude has over 600 sapphire wires so it's easy to rank him up.

It's not the trouble with getting the gear. Cuz I have all the gear I need to get those two to lvl 31, it's just the grinding to find other gear to break down and get the materials.

Last edited:
That's exactly how I did it

But thing is I barely play with my alts so for my Titan I had zero plasteel. So I did some vanguard roc grind to get some. And had enough to upgrade his gear to get to lvl 30.
All his gear is 33 light, his arms are 36 light exotic.

Same with my warlock. I have a 36 light exotic and a 36 light raid chest piece. the rest of my gear is 33 light. I just don't have enough of those hadrionic essences to level up the gear.

My hunter is my main and dude has over 600 sapphire wires so it's easy to rank him up.

It's not the trouble with getting the gear. Cuz I have all the gear I need to get those two to lvl 31, it's just the grinding to find other gear to break down and get the materials.
Gotcha. I know that struggle all too much
mean.gif

I have 2 Warlocks, so they are fine, but this Titan and getting all this damn Plasteel sucks man
sick.gif

I save all the blue engrams for them to decrypt to so that they can be Titan armor pieces to break down and run ROC strikes with them to get them. I have an exotic helm and 2 raid armor pieces sitting at light 31 because I need more Plasteel.

I feel you man. And half the time when I turn my blue engrams in they turn into motes of light smh.

Tomorrow after I do all the raids and night falls im just gonna vanguard roc grind till I get enough materials to get both to 31

I feel you man. And half the time when I turn my blue engrams in they turn into motes of light smh.

Tomorrow after I do all the raids and night falls im just gonna vanguard roc grind till I get enough materials to get both to 31
I got the Bad Juju bounty to do, but it is on a Warlock and not the Titan. Those 25 strikes would have been clutch to run all on the Titan
mean.gif

At least I can save all the engrams for them to decrypt after I run them all.

I didn't have too many problems getting materials for my warlock.

I didn't upgrade any pieces if it wasn't going to get me to level 31 besides one pair of legendary boots I had. Got a helmet from xur, the arm piece from a vanguard package, chest piece from a legendary engram, and then bought a pair of 31 boots from the vanguard.

I got the Bad Juju bounty to do, but it is on a Warlock and not the Titan. Those 25 strikes would have been clutch to run all on the Titan :smh:

At least I can save all the engrams for them to decrypt after I run them all.

Can engrams go in the vault?

If so just give them to your Titan then turn them in

Can engrams go in the vault?

If so just give them to your Titan then turn them in
Yea you can over the blue/purple ones and I already do that. I just wish it was the Titan to be able to grab all those random greens that drop during the strikes is more of what I meant. That would help in getting a little more Plasteel.

That I have been busy with my main Warlock getting that Eris rank up so I can convert the raid materials eventually and level up my Husk and Murmur

Yea you can over the blue/purple ones and I already do that. I just wish it was the Titan to be able to grab all those random greens that drop during the strikes is more of what I meant. That would help in getting a little more Plasteel.

That I have been busy with my main Warlock getting that Eris rank up so I can convert the raid materials eventually and level up my Husk and Murmur

Almost got Eris at rank4 and still no husk :smh:

which chests did you guys pull the exotics? the one closest to the left? or the one after that? i have this theory that the second room produces more exotic drops
nerd.gif
Def not the case. Last couple weeks Ive been getting it from the second room and nothing but shards and energies.
damn rng
laugh.gif
Bruh, you don't even know the half of it. I pissed off RNG's mom's cousin or something. I been getting the worst luck lately.

Bruh, you don't even know the half of it. I pissed off RNG's mom's cousin or something. I been getting the worst luck lately.

I predict 4 exotics for you today. From 3 nightfalls, 3 chests, and 3 crota's. You will be blessed!!

Actually edit, 6 chests. I seen videos of exotics being pulled from the 2nd chest. Just like I got two exotics off the 2nd Gorgon chest before

Last edited:
I see everyone using the thorn or TLW makes me salty because I have no hand cannon. I needs one. What hands cannons would you guys recommend me buying from crucible/vanguard/ f.w.c. ?

Almost got Eris at rank4 and still no husk
mean.gif
I just got mine Sunday, so don't feel bad.

I was never one to "grind/farm" to try and get it, but everyday I do those Eris bounties and to the Sword of Crota mission for all of them. I probably kill the sword guy 10-15 times a day on 3 different characters each since I try to do all the bounties on all of them to help leveling weapons faster.

Accidentally bought 3 embalming orbs instead of RunedCore.. :smh: should of just went to sleep.. hit rank 3 and I was excited :lol:

I got a blue engram this morning that turned into for the people assault rifle with rangefinder and third eye, seems to be an awesome AR with good impact. Is it better than the vanquisher?

I got a blue engram this morning that turned into for the people assault rifle with rangefinder and third eye, seems to be an awesome AR with good impact. Is it better than the vanquisher?
I would say yes. Im a fan of ars that have less bullets, slower rate of fire and more impact. That's the reason why I don't like the vanquisher but that's just me.

So I hit this chest 3 times.. each attempt very first door on my first attempt :smokin... shards, shards, energies.. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom