Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Hunger of Crota, Black Hammer, & Light of the Abyss (fusion rifle) are the only weapons you need to worry about.
Actually, the shotgun is nice for Crucible, so I take that back.

Everything but the Heavy Machine Gun I am feeling at this time.

Not down sizing my excitement about hunger of crota.

But you crazy bro. The machine gun will come in handy with the Knights and their damn shields. Not to mention in the description it says 35 round mag but it actually has like an 80.

I don't care for the fusion rifle. I never use them unless for bounties.

infraren infraren my PSN is Good_olNoName

ciscokid ciscokid do you feel comfortable with crota now? I can run it with you again on the reset if you want. Honestly you did a good job. You were on point with those boomers.

Last edited:

But you crazy bro. The machine gun will come in handy with the Knights and their damn shields. Not to mention in the description it says 35 round mag but it actually has like an 80.

I get what you saying about the MG, I have 3 of the machine guns
laugh.gif

I just wish it hit a little harder than what it does, but it is as expected for a gun with a large mag and lower impact though. It is hard for me to justify swapping out my GGhorn in the first place though
grin.gif

infraren infraren my PSN is Good_olNoName

Fusion is great for the maze and Crucible. Also for close quarters fighting when there is arc burn for nightfall and weeklies. It has a large magazine, quick charge time, and with bonus accuracy you don't even need to sight it.

The HMG is okay but it hits Aetheon for less damage than a Corrective Measure. Sort of crazy since it's 331 damage. With high caliber rounds it does stagger targets fairly well, but it isn't all it's cracked out to be. I have mine maxed out, so I can make an honest assessment .

I see your view points. And I agree.

I just hate fusion rifles. Especially in crucible. I never use fusions in crucible. That's a bish move to me honestly.

As for the maze fate bringer is my first choice. Or if I'm with my hunter I just stay invisible the whole time :lol:

I just want it for the Knights. It would come in handy for omnigul strike. I wouldn't use it for anything else. Maybe on death singer after ir yut goes down and all the Knights are left over

Still debating/researching headsets like mad. Playstation Gold probably best in 50-100 pricepoint. I like the Tritton Kunai's, but they drain controller charge don't they?

Watched a Youtube review on best headsets and someone said the PS3 Pulse Elite's should work with the PS4 now after the update, if so are they better than the PS4 Golds? The Youtuber thought so.

Amazon product ASIN B0087OZ5FG

Last edited:
Fusion is great for the maze and Crucible. Also for close quarters fighting when there is arc burn for nightfall and weeklies. It has a large magazine, quick charge time, and with bonus accuracy you don't even need to sight it.

The HMG is okay but it hits Aetheon for less damage than a Corrective Measure. Sort of crazy since it's 331 damage. With high caliber rounds it does stagger targets fairly well, but it isn't all it's cracked out to be. I have mine maxed out, so I can make an honest assessment .
Left mine at 312. Didn't want to bother putting the energies in that weapon yet. Maxed out Black Hammer though. Next up will be Hunger of Crota, if I ever get it, and maybe the fusion rifle should be too now. Might as well do the last 3 upgrades on that and the Murmur since they are there chilling. They aren't bad by any means.

What secondary are you using for Nightfalls, Weekly, and Raids then JustBlaze? Definitely don't want to be using a shotgun because that means mobs are too close to you, and you don't need a sniper all the time either. I like fusion rifles for that in between range they have, but they are OP to me in the Crucible, lol

Still debating/researching headsets like mad. Playstation Gold probably best in 50-100 pricepoint. I like the Tritton Kunai's, but they drain controller charge don't they?

Was listening to a Youtube review on best headsets and someone said the PS3 Pulse Elite's should work with the PS4 now after the update, if so are they better than the PS4 Golds?

Amazon product ASIN B0087OZ5FG

Yea, I bought a 15 ft cable back in Sept so I can have plugged in while I have the headset plugged into the controller. Sacrifices must be made :lol:

Yea, I bought a 15 ft cable back in Sept so I can have plugged in while I have the headset plugged into the controller. Sacrifices must be made :lol:

Good call, was planning on getting one of those cables anyway.

My bro-in-law has a Best Buy discount and could get me the PS4 Golds for like $50-70, if that's the case would that likely be my best bang for the buck overall?

Last edited:

Left mine at 312. Didn't want to bother putting the energies in that weapon yet. Maxed out Black Hammer though. Next up will be Hunger of Crota, if I ever get it, and maybe the fusion rifle should be too now. Might as well do the last 3 upgrades on that and the Murmur since they are there chilling. They aren't bad by any means.

What secondary are you using for Nightfalls, Weekly, and Raids then JustBlaze? Definitely don't want to be using a shotgun because that means mobs are too close to you, and you don't need a sniper all the time either. I like fusion rifles for that in between range they have, but they are OP to me in the Crucible, lol
I still remember going in to kill the shrieker on the Ir Yut portion of the raid with a Maxed out Song of Ir Yut and shooting it with half a clip then dying. Didn't do much damage at all to the shrieker. Never again using that thing... I should have used those Radiant Energies towards the Fusion or something. Highly disappointed in the Song of Ir Yut. Ballerhorn or bust, though I'm still waiting on a Hunger of Crota. 

For my weeklies and night falls I use snipers. I have a bunch of weapons I can switch through with different burns.

My set up for the nexes was epilogue, preadyth, and corrective measure.

For omnigul I had black hammer maxed out, and switched between Hezen vengeance and super good advice.

I still remember going in to kill the shrieker on the Ir Yut portion of the raid with a Maxed out Song of Ir Yut and shooting it with half a clip then dying. Didn't do much damage at all to the shrieker. Never again using that thing... I should have used those Radiant Energies towards the Fusion or something. Highly disappointed in the Song of Ir Yut. Ballerhorn or bust, though I'm still waiting on a Hunger of Crota. 

I feel you on that. I usually unload 3-4 IB shots into the shrieker.

I feel you on that. I usually unload 3-4 IB shots into the shrieker.
1 Ballerhorn Rocket takes it down for me. Then run out and join up with y'all on the left. Stupid song of Ir Yut. 

I still remember going in to kill the shrieker on the Ir Yut portion of the raid with a Maxed out Song of Ir Yut and shooting it with half a clip then dying. Didn't do much damage at all to the shrieker. Never again using that thing... I should have used those Radiant Energies towards the Fusion or something. Highly disappointed in the Song of Ir Yut. Ballerhorn or bust, though I'm still waiting on a Hunger of Crota
They messing with us man. Just like they not giving Bos any kind of sniper (no IceBreaker or Black Hammer for him)
laugh.gif

I just want a good heavy to so that I can work on these damn exotic primary and special weapons. At least with using the GGhorn, most of all my legendary primary and special weapons are at least on the last 3 damage upgrades.

Will probably unlock the grenade perk on the Dragon's Breath and leave that alone for a while and come back to it.

I really need to get my IceBreaker to 331 before the other exotics that I need to level.

I am torn between splitting my exotic weapons to level across my characters to level, or still do the move 3 weapons between them and level that set up faster. Not sure which way works the best for me yet.

And I had vex too lol forgot about that

infraren infraren I don't remember who brought up the headsets a few days ago but I mentioned the p12s. I use them. They are wired but the wire is extra extra long. I love them honestly. I think new they are like 60 bucks.

Not sure if they are sold at best buy but if so you could get that discount on them and make them even cheaper

wrightone86 wrightone86 I switch weapons between my characters. At first I was fine with it. Now it's getting tiring :lol:

Last edited:
They messing with us man. Just like they not giving Bos any kind of sniper (no IceBreaker or Black Hammer for him) :lol:
I just want a good heavy to so that I can work on these damn exotic primary and special weapons. At least with using the GGhorn, most of all my legendary primary and special weapons are at least on the last 3 damage upgrades.

Will probably unlock the grenade perk on the Dragon's Breath and leave that alone for a while and come back to it.

I really need to get my IceBreaker to 331 before the other exotics that I need to level.

I am torn between splitting my exotic weapons to level across my characters to level, or still do the move 3 weapons between them and level that set up faster. Not sure which way works the best for me yet.

I power level 1 exotic at a time. You can max it out in 2-2.5 days worth of bounties across 3 characters. It's how I maxed out like 5 weapons over the past week or so.

Last edited:
Vex, Icebreaker, Black Hammer, Ballerhorn, etc - the thirst!!!

Now that I'm running (and completing) these raids each week, hope I can start getting these mystic weapons.

I'm just sitting here like..

View media item 1336825

Last edited:

I still remember going in to kill the shrieker on the Ir Yut portion of the raid with a Maxed out Song of Ir Yut and shooting it with half a clip then dying. Didn't do much damage at all to the shrieker. Never again using that thing... I should have used those Radiant Energies towards the Fusion or something. Highly disappointed in the Song of Ir Yut. Ballerhorn or bust, though I'm still waiting on a Hunger of Crota
They messing with us man. Just like they not giving Bos any kind of sniper (no IceBreaker or Black Hammer for him)
laugh.gif

You know me, one of each, level it up and then swap between my characters. Ice Breaker at 331 is a BEAST though. It should be done before the Dragon's Breath. I'm almost done with fully maxing Dragon's Breath and it is good for trash mobs but not much else. Watching a Fallen captain just sidestep my Solar Grenade feels bad bruh. Dragon's Breath isn't even on Truth's level. It just looks damn cool.

laugh.gif

I power level 1 exotic at a time. You can max it out in 2-2.5 days worth of bounties across 3 characters. It's how I maxed out like 5 weapons over the past week or so.
Somewhere in this picture of Bungie's Production Floor, we find Biggie's computer screen where he mysteriously adds level up bubbles and glimmer to his characters.

Man, Bungie sure teased that New Years gift early enough. Hurry up and give us our two rare engrams already...

Zero and Biggie, you guys are right. I will just stick with doing 8-10 bounties on 1 character, completing a public event, and then popping a telemetry and turning them all in at once on each character to knock a set of 3 out at a time quicker.

I need to level that nice Vanquisher VIII I got from an engram of mine ASAP anyways, right guys?
grin.gif
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Zero and Biggie, you guys are right. I will just stick with doing 8-10 bounties on 1 character, completing a public event, and then popping a telemetry and turning them all in at once on each character to knock a set of 3 out at a time quicker.

I need to level that nice Vanquisher VIII I got from an engram of mine ASAP anyways, right guys?
grin.gif
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
What was that? I couldn't hear you over my howling joy from getting my third Void Final Rest II and 5th Venation III Hand Cannon in a row instead of getting a damn shader. I hate Dead Orbit. 

I need to level that nice Vanquisher VIII I got from an engram of mine ASAP anyways, right guys? >D :lol: :nthat:

View media item 1336843

Back
Top Bottom