Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Yup... the sword is more effective for sure. I just need the heavy machine gun to stagger Orxy so invective is probably the second best option IMO.

The Shadow Cell strike drops a high impact heavy machine gun exclusive to that strike that can roll extra damage to Taken. I wish I could get that roll cause that joint hits hard.
I have it...it is basically a year 2 Orbiks Fell from the HoW expansion......Mine is solar burn....with bonus to Vex 
indifferent.gif

It put in work this week for the NF though 
nthat.gif

I also have the fusion from the Shadow/Sunless Cell strike as well. Crazy high impact, but low charge rate. Dropped at 300, and I want at least 1 fusion on all my guys so I kept it around. That one has bonus damage to Cabal, lol

@illsupra's favorite YT likes this weapon too 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yo these strategies are WILD. 

Get your Touch of Malice ASAP. Don't do anything else in the game. Go do that right away. Oryx and Wizards are a joke after it.

There's 0 need for anyone to be using any other secondary than a sniper. If you can't stagger Oryx with a fireteam of 6 snipers, y'all need to learn how to snipe. That's a huge target. You don't even need weapons of light for it. Different strokes for different folks, I get it, but the encounter is so simple with the right tools. 4 snipe shots, switch to Touch of Malice, keep firing away.

Also, @430AM, I would keep that raid auto. I hate auto rifles. I got four of them so I started to use one. All raid weapons do extra damage to taken enemies. It helps a lot. Might not be a huge damage buff, but I'd rather use one of those as a primary for the raid. It really does help against the taken. Once you get used to using Cocoon perk on all raid weapons too, you get in a rhythm of swapping guns and never run out of ammo.

Yup... the sword is more effective for sure. I just need the heavy machine gun to stagger Orxy so invective is probably the second best option IMO.

The Shadow Cell strike drops a high impact heavy machine gun exclusive to that strike that can roll extra damage to Taken. I wish I could get that roll cause that joint hits hard.
I have it...it is basically a year 2 Orbiks Fell from the HoW expansion......Mine is solar burn....with bonus to Vex 
indifferent.gif

It put in work this week for the NF though 
nthat.gif

I also have the fusion from the Shadow/Sunless Cell strike as well. Crazy high impact, but low charge rate. Dropped at 300, and I want at least 1 fusion on all my guys so I kept it around. That one has bonus damage to Cabal, lol

@illsupra's favorite YT likes this weapon too 
laugh.gif

DAT DPJ LION DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A FWIPPIN BAYSTE.

Yo these strategies are WILD. 

Get your Touch of Malice ASAP. Don't do anything else in the game. Go do that right away. Oryx and Wizards are a joke after it.

There's 0 need for anyone to be using any other secondary than a sniper. If you can't stagger Oryx with a fireteam of 6 snipers, y'all need to learn how to snipe. That's a huge target. You don't even need weapons of light for it. Different strokes for different folks, I get it, but the encounter is so simple with the right tools. 4 snipe shots, switch to Touch of Malice, keep firing away.

Also, @430AM
, I would keep that raid auto. I hate auto rifles. I got four of them so I started to use one. All raid weapons do extra damage to taken enemies. It helps a lot. Might not be a huge damage buff, but I'd rather use one of those as a primary for the raid. It really does help against the taken. Once you get used to using Cocoon perk on all raid weapons too, you get in a rhythm of swapping guns and never run out of ammo.

Good looks. :pimp:

Yea I got a raid auto last night with CC on it as well. I was shooting it before I leveled it and the recoil made me not really care for it, and I am an AR guy. 

Mine was 306

Crowd Control 

Fitted Stock Or Brcaed Frame (increase stability but reduced mag [down to 26 from 32])

Once I leveled it though and unlocked all the perks....It is pretty decent know. Will probably only be used for the raid and the Taken though with so many other weapons to use out there. 

Last edited:
Real Question.

I would never understand why people use Auto Rifles? Is it out of laziness? (hold the trigger and spray) Is it because your controller is old and you don't like pulling the triggers often? WHY?!

Scouts and Pulses are more efficient, more DPS, etc..

Autos get swiftly dismantled or infused.

Just a little calculation of damage and how your damage scales when you are a light lower than recommended.

so if you are 289 in the raid you'll only do 96.79% compared to a 290 equipped person with the same gear.

Real Question.

I would never understand why people use Auto Rifles? Is it out of laziness? (hold the trigger and spray) Is it because your controller is old and you don't like pulling the triggers often? WHY?!

I like them but pulses are definitely my favorite. I am just ready for elemental burn primaries again. Having to take these shields down with a kinetic weapon sucks :x

Oh and Bos, I bought and maxed out that FWC rocket launcher last night when you got off. That HC is next on the list now :smokin

I like them but pulses are definitely my favorite. I am just ready for elemental burn primaries again. Having to take these shields down with a kinetic weapon sucks :x

Oh and Bos, I bought and maxed out that FWC rocket launcher last night when you got off. That HC is next on the list now :smokin

Check out the pulse from the Vanguard.

The HC is bugged. The firefly makes peoples game freeze. Happened to me so its sitting in the vault.

The one from the quartermaster has Full auto and Headseeker.
I know but why you couldn't let me shine? 
frown.gif

roll.gif

You know me and Pulses, so I am sure that I will end up with that one as well, lol
The HC is bugged. The firefly makes peoples game freeze. Happened to me so its sitting in the vault.
Really? I hadn't heard of that issue with it. Just using that gun and the firefly will cause the person's game to freeze and crash is what you are saying? 

I looked it up and there is actually a Reddit thread for it. Does anyone else here have it and have the problem, or not have issues using it?

I know but why you couldn't let me shine? :frown:
:rofl:

You know me and Pulses, so I am sure that I will end up with that one as well, lol
Really? I hadn't heard of that issue with it. Just using that gun and the firefly will cause the person's game to freeze and crash is what you are saying? 

View media item 1733523
:lol: i may sound crazy but its true. When you proc the LitC and firefly it happens.

Well damn, smh.....I was looking forward to finally having a decent legendary HC to use 
tired.gif

Guess that other Hawksaw just got bumped up the list 
laugh.gif

Or maybe I will get a Y2 Saint 14 helm instead

Real Question.

I prefer autos If I'm grinding strikes. Or when I don't feel like aiming in crucible. It's just easier

The major reason VOC was successful and Fang of Ir Yut wasnt I'd because one was Auto and the other wasn't

Back
Top Bottom