Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm not throwing shade but if you don't have friends just don't buy Destiny. Things will go stale for anyone who can't have have and joke around with some other people. That strike kicked us in the *** but it was funny as hell getting through it

Not true.

I don't have any friends and I love it.

That moon strike is hard as a mf 
alien.gif
It was more tedious than hard. Once you get rid of all the cannon fodder the big dude is nothing. Just one big bullet sponge.
That was the thing lol.  Getting rid of those around Phogoth was the worst smh.  The Knights and Wizards were ripping us apart, and Then Phogoth was just destroying everything in sight.  Took us like an hour to beat it lol.  It did get easy once the other crap stopped spawning tho

F*** Phoggoth 
mean.gif

i still dont get the leveling in destiny. i played with empire 2 days ago. i was level 9 they were like 17...  i was playing way below the average enemy level. average enemy with them was like level 12. when i killed them, no matter what i only got 20exp, while they were getting like 50+. Then, i left their game and played back on earth roaming around killing level 2 enemies. the level 2 enemies were giving me 40exp per kill. wtf?

now yesterday i go back to help some friends on level 2 again. im now a level 13.  i got killed THREE TIMES by a level 3 enemy... my auto rifle does 120+ damage with a 68rnd clip.... how is it, that it takes a half a clip to drop a level 3 enemy when im level 13? not only that... but it was back to giving me only 20xp per kill. wth is going on?
Thats the balancing system they have implemented.  They make it so that everything can be somewhat challenging at every level.  It would be no fun if you were a level 13 doing a level 2 mission with friends and you could just one-shot everything.
it prevents people from power leveling. before all you would have to do was join a friend who's at a higher levels game and sit back and hide and level up.

The launch of Destiny marks the beginning of an epic adventure that unfolds over time. To keep you steeped in new challenges and clad in fresh rewards, we have some tricks up our gauntleted sleeves. It’s time to roll them up and share some details about the next missions that will rely on your bravery and your gunfire.

upcoming_events_inline.jpg

These are only some of the surprises we have planned for you. Very soon, strange characters will arrive in the Tower with special offerings in hand. Public Events will erupt from the skies over your favorite destinations with greater frequency. And, Bungie will enter the fray with some bounties of our own for you to claim – if you can.

This is a time for the heroes in the Destiny community to assume their rightful place on the throne. Get out there and forge your legends.

I'm very impressed with how well servers have been holding up.  As far as i know it was smooth for every part of the world.  I remember when Diablo 3 first came out on PC, i couldn't sign on for a few days, error 37 
mean.gif

Can any of you bring up your friends list in the companion app?

I get an error.

Man excuse my ignorance, but do you unlock multiplayer at a certain level? I'm not seeing any option for anything other than co-op and im level 4.

Man excuse my ignorance, but do you unlock multiplayer at a certain level? I'm not seeing any option for anything other than co-op and im level 4.
Once you hit level 5, you can accept a mission called crucible, it's located in the tower. That is your pvp

Thank you bruh. I haven't had much time to really dive into this game with work so I'm trying to figure it all out.

It's all good. I've barely played any myself. I'm level 8.

Last edited:
Deer gawd this damn moon strike is impossible, randoms with no mics FTL.

I suck at PVP :lol: most of my kills are long range and supers, when the action gets close my Titan gets deleted out there. :smh:

I suck at PVP
laugh.gif
most of my kills are long range and supers, when the action gets close my Titan gets deleted out there.
mean.gif
It's the exact opposite for me.

Close quarters and I'm flourishing
nthat.gif

Long range and I'll be lucky if I hit 15 kills

I suck at PVP :lol: most of my kills are long range and supers, when the action gets close my Titan gets deleted out there. :smh:

Close quarters and I'm flourishing :nthat:

I usually use sniper against mobs so I guess I'm used to it :lol:

Which gun do you use for close quarters?

Last edited:

I suck at PVP
laugh.gif
most of my kills are long range and supers, when the action gets close my Titan gets deleted out there.
mean.gif

Close quarters and I'm flourishing
nthat.gif

I usually use sniper against mobs so I guess I'm used to it
laugh.gif

Which gun do you use for close quarters?
Shingen-C and then on the long range maps like the moon and mars I'll switch to a scout rifle. I'll usually do decent enough but not really good

So how do the rewards for MP matches work? As far as I can tell it's "Everyone gets something except for the top player" :smh:

Also, does anyone else have a problem with disconnects?

I bought this game at release and I can't bring myself to open it. I keep watching videos of the multiplayer but it looks extremely repetitive and stale, is there anything besides the domination type mode? I just can't see a reason to play this over Battlefield 4. I want  to like it 
laugh.gif

Nah I could have done that and not bought it, I really do want a new shooter and refuse to go back to the COD games. I honestly just think crucilbe looks boring from videos I've seen... are there other modes?

Of course...you just gotta try it man.

You won't know if you'll like it unless you actually play it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom