Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

Always feels like the writers bite off more than they can chew with so many different storylines. What every happened to one great arc fir the season?

I started feeling this way after Season 4. Way too many storylines and subplots. It's a shame the show was on for as long as it was, considering how good it was in the beginning.

On a sidenote--Hannah is drop dead gorgeous, but I know Deb is right about her. She's gonna end up killing Dexter or getting him in trouble. It's going to be payback for what Dexter did to her.

Hell Hath no Fury on a Woman's Scorn :smh:

Last edited:
Sigh.

Vogel explicitly telling Dexter over the phone she's glad that he didn't kill Zach; use some discretion gotdamn.
mean.gif

What happened to the Brain Surgeon storyline?

I know Dexter killed that dude a few episodes ago, but his killing MO doesn't fit that of the Brain Surgeon. I think that story arc comes into play again before this season is over. If not that would be a lame ending to what looked to be a major plot of this season.

Glad Hanna is back, but why is she acting like a tourist making herself so visible when she's a known fugitive?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Team Deb vs Team Dex/Hanna Round 2. 

So did Zach kill Dex's neighbor cause she was rude when she told him nobody was home or because it was someone Dex had interest in? 

I can't even lie, she may poison her men... but I'm still in love with her. 

Glad Hanna is back, but why is she acting like a tourist making herself so visible when she's a known fugitive? :lol: :smh:

I didn't understand that, when she was famous in that area

Team Deb vs Team Dex/Hanna Round 2. 

So did Zach kill Dex's neighbor cause she was rude when she told him nobody was home or because it was someone Dex had interest in? 

Because he had the urge to kill, and Dex was the one who was getting him to control himself

Always feels like the writers bite off more than they can chew with so many different storylines. What every happened to one great arc fir the season?

I don't even know why they bring in certain storylines, like Hannah being married and her husband.

Oh yeah that neighbor was useless. Her death seems so pointless no matter who killed her.

Everyone could see that coming from a mile away

Hannah is deadly. Love them blondes though :smokin

Dexter fault for the neighbor's death. Taking on a partner never works cause they got no self control.

Hannah is deadly. Love them blondes though :smokin

Dexter fault for the neighbor's death. Taking on a partner never works cause they got no self control.

Honestly, did he learn nothing from Prado?? This Zach Hamilton story is getting stale quick; shouldn't have killed off the brain surgeon so early. Hopefully the season can be saved from the Hannah/Deb angle.

And Masuka's daughter :pimp:

Last edited:
This show has been on a loop for the past several seasons. Find an assistant, deal with ugly ***** deb's crying (good acting is more than just shedding tears), find out that you messed up by letting someone know about your secret life, repeat

So, not sure how I feel about where I thought/maybe wanted this to go.

I found the scenes with him talking to his protege very interesting. Teaching him patience. Being a mentor, to a damn killer. :lol: The possibilities of passing on the code are nice. I like the idea, and it got me thinking.

From day 1, we've all leapt on faith. The dude talks to his dead dad. We're all cool with that. His brother Rudy showed up later in seasons, he talked to him too.

What if Dex showed down with Deb (which looks a little more likely after her watching him and Hannah) and Deb won, Dex is killed. And in the final episode, we see a "dead" Dexter, talking to Zach? Mentoring him now, the cycle of blood will continue. The code will go on. Harry's legacy will continue.

The show would be over, so we wouldn't feel cheesed that Dex is dead, and still walkin around on the show, it's only for the final episode. It's intended that the story is complete, but implied that it's only just beginning, and Zach will carry the torch.

We'd have Deb dealing with killing her brother. Hannah back in jail. Mazuka/Quinn/Mathews/Angel dealing with the fact that Dexter is now dead.

And Vogel, knowing that Zach will carry on with Dexter's work. :nerd:

I thought I would be good with that, but it now looks like Zach killed the random broad and Dex is going to tear him apart. So yet another storyline they could/should have explored will be tossed aside.

Still, I think this episode showed their intent, Deb is going to match up vs Dex. She's the only one that can bring him down. He and Hannah can't just ride off into the sunset. Deb is gonna have to end them. (or at least Dex)

show is so irrelevant in comparison to breaking bad. decent episode but when you compare the two jesus it's a slaughter.

Dexter fell of after Rita died its just been all over the place the first two seasons were the best TV I've ever seen. Now it's just waiting to see if dexter dies at the end

I bet matsukas daughter is next no way she just gets introduced into the show for no reason (next to die)

Last edited:
And in the final episode, we see a "dead" Dexter, talking to Zach? Mentoring him now, the cycle of blood will continue. The code will go on. Harry's legacy will continue.

I definitely see something like this happening.

Last edited:
I don't even care how this show ends anymore now that Breaking Bad is back.

This season started on a high point, but now it's just getting really really stupid.

Hannah's back...so she can get back with Dexter.

Deb is still stupid.

I like how Dex's big secret isn't a big deal anymore, now that various people know.

"Yeah I kill people, and I can teach you too...someday."

Vogel...

I'm starting to get interested in the side stories than the actual story haha.

I don't even care how this show ends anymore now that Breaking Bad is back.
This season started on a high point, but now it's just getting really really stupid.
Hannah's back...so she can get back with Dexter.
Deb is still stupid.
I like how Dex's big secret isn't a big deal anymore, now that various people know.
"Yeah I kill people, and I can teach you too...someday."
Vogel...
I'm starting to get interested in the side stories than the actual story haha.
^^

And in the final episode, we see a "dead" Dexter, talking to Zach? Mentoring him now, the cycle of blood will continue. The code will go on. Harry's legacy will continue.

I definitely see something like this happening.

That sounds like a dope ending which means it won't happen :lol:

I'm praying these writers didn't bring in Masuka's daughter for no reason because that would be a testament to how far this show has fallen. Although we did get get see her bare breasts and mass so I ain't eem mad.

Harry is Dexter's good conscience, "rulesmaker" that he feels he needs. He's only there because Dexter places value on that. Zach doesn't like the code because it preaches patience, and now is not on good terms with Dexter because of the neighbor. He wouldn't want Dexter back after his death unlike how Dexter wants Harry's guidance, so I really wouldn't enjoy that an ending.

[COLOR=#red]CP[/COLOR] your post got me thinking. What if...

We know Harry talks to him when he's dead, Rudy did, another person you would call Dexter's family. What if Deb has been dead this whole time (in Sixth Sense fashion) and we find out that out in the last episode. She is dead, and like he has with Harry, Dexter now has been talking to Deb as well all 8 seasons of the show, and we all just thought she was alive, a figment of his imagination just like Harry. He is a psychopath, says Vogel, right? Deb WAS Dexter's actual first kill.The reason Harry felt like he couldn't "live with what Dexter did" is because he witnessed Dexter killing Deb in the kill room. So he killed himself.

Remember, neither Dexter OR Deb have seen ALL of Vogel's tapes with Harry in therapy. The tapes we haven't seen yet are him talking about it being Deb, and such. How it's such a burden.

What an ending that would be....

:pimp:

Last edited:
Harry is Dexter's good conscience, "rulesmaker" that he feels he needs. He's only there because Dexter places value on that. Zach doesn't like the code because it preaches patience, and now is not on good terms with Dexter because of the neighbor. He wouldn't want Dexter back after his death unlike how Dexter wants Harry's guidance, so I really wouldn't enjoy that an ending.

We know Harry talks to him when he's dead, Rudy did, another person you would call Dexter's family. What if Deb has been dead this whole time (in Sixth Sense fashion) and we find out that out in the last episode. She is dead, and like he has with Harry, Dexter now has been talking to Deb as well all 8 seasons of the show, and we all just thought she was alive, a figment of his imagination just like Harry. He is a psychopath, says Vogel, right? Deb WAS Dexter's actual first kill.The reason Harry felt like he couldn't "live with what Dexter did" is because he witnessed Dexter killing Deb in the kill room. So he killed himself.

Remember, neither Dexter OR Deb have seen ALL of Vogel's tapes with Harry in therapy. The tapes we haven't seen yet are him talking about it being Deb, and such. How it's such a burden.

Repped

Brb calling Showtime if they need a new writer :lol:

What if Dex discovers that "his urges" were actually over and it may have been made up in his mind...
Making his kills no different to that of reg serial killers

Lets say he gets caught, Vogal eventually says that (^).. he kills criminals bc he's a natural killer that didn't want to be a cop, bc he rather get them himself

As far as Masukas daughter, shes gonna die no way around it

I imagine the kid will fall in love with her, or will want to kill her, Dex says no, Masuka catches all of them and discovers Dexter

Masuka pulls the Detective Gregs card, turns him in, Dex is a wanted man. Dex Kills Masuka, cant live with himself, offs himself :lol:

:rofl:

Im sorry but at this point I just gave up on the writers we know its gonna suck

That makes NO sense. None whatsoever! LOL!

Go back and re-watch the FIRST episode.

^^^^Exactly.

Maybe if everyone and their mother didnt have a side plot with Deb that COULD be possible. But everyone on the show has a relationship with Deb that would be impossible to have if she was killed when her and Dex were both teenagers or younger. I would throw my remote at the TV if they tried to pull some rinky dink **** like that as the ending.

After everything Dex has gone through and not been caught I think it would be silly to have him randomly slip up in the last 4 episodes to get caught or killed (unless its by Deb). I say he kills everyone (Vogel, the kid, Hannah) and him Deb and Harrison move somewhere else because things in Miami are getting too hot. Maybe throw in a corny thing in where someone from the office (probably Quinn) finds out and just lets them walk. And they just end it with Dex in a kill room with a new victim where ever they decide to move to.

Last edited:
^^^^Exactly.

Maybe if everyone and their mother didnt have a side plot with Deb that COULD be possible. But everyone on the show has a relationship with Deb that would be impossible to have if she was killed when her and Dex were both teenagers or younger. I would throw my remote at the TV if they tried to pull some rinky dink **** like that as the ending.

After everything Dex has gone through and not been caught I think it would be silly to have him randomly slip up in the last 4 episodes to get caught or killed (unless its by Deb). I say he kills everyone (Vogel, the kid, Hannah) and him Deb and Harrison move somewhere else. And they just end it with Dex in a kill room with a new victim where ever they decide to move to.

I could see that happening. For a while I thought Vogel was a serial killer, and she used her patients to do her work. That she would have someone new try to take down Dexter.
I've really enjoyed the series as a whole. This season has been disappointing so far, but with 5 episodes left, I'm hoping it will pick up.

Beyond it being impossible, because unlike the sixth sense where no one else interacted with Bruce Willis, everyone has interacted with Deb, and even talk about her when she isn't around. This plot twice has already been used by the writers with the Doomsday Killer. And some people on this board and others figured it out early because no one else interacted with him other than Travis.

That would be cool but stuff like that needs precise planning to explain away all of Deb's appearances when Dex wasn't around and the actions and reactions of anything pertaining to her. Usually in a case like that it'd be explained by saying the person that hallucinated/deluded themselves to keeping the person around was the one doing all of their actions. That would mean that Dex was also a cop, banged all those dudes on the show, and a bunch of other key moments :lol: :x

Another way would be to cut it a whole lot shorter and reveal that Deb died when she went to save Dex when she crashed the car. Still a whole lot of flaws with her appearances though.

I think Deb is going to kill Hannah, Dexter will Kill Zach...Matthews and Vogel working together/plotting something..and no idea y Masuka's Daughter was introduced

Back
Top Bottom