Did Boston use the 2-3 zone to stop Lebron ?

Lebron doesn't care about playing for a good team or else he wouldn't be considering leaving the team he's already on. All he cares about is him, lebron james, and the chosen one. Nuff said.
1. Yet Kobe demands for the Lakers to either trade him or Shaq instead of keeping the insanely good Lakers team together. So I guess Kobe doesn't like winning either. Does LeBron really need to apologize for considering free agency? Wow.

2. He has not had success with this team, and as much as you can talk about Anderson Verejao or Zydrunas Illgauskas, this team is truly mediocre. He could go to any number of better teams. Chicago could be much better with Bron on it, so could the Knicks in a couple of years if they signed him and then cleared cap space. Do you know how many players would love to play with him?

3. I forgot........all those experts who supposedly think Kobe is a better player than LeBron? I guess sportswriters don't count, since they voted LeBron MVP the last two years. This year, Kobe didn't even finish second, and it the gap between the field and Lebron was a joke.

Lebron doesn't care about playing for a good team or else he wouldn't be considering leaving the team he's already on. All he cares about is him, lebron james, and the chosen one. Nuff said.
1. Yet Kobe demands for the Lakers to either trade him or Shaq instead of keeping the insanely good Lakers team together. So I guess Kobe doesn't like winning either. Does LeBron really need to apologize for considering free agency? Wow.

2. He has not had success with this team, and as much as you can talk about Anderson Verejao or Zydrunas Illgauskas, this team is truly mediocre. He could go to any number of better teams. Chicago could be much better with Bron on it, so could the Knicks in a couple of years if they signed him and then cleared cap space. Do you know how many players would love to play with him?

3. I forgot........all those experts who supposedly think Kobe is a better player than LeBron? I guess sportswriters don't count, since they voted LeBron MVP the last two years. This year, Kobe didn't even finish second, and it the gap between the field and Lebron was a joke.

Originally Posted by Essential1

In 2006-2007 at 50-32.. Lebron's team was the #2 seed.. It's not like they were 7th seeded Lakers who had the same record as the 8th seed.

That 50-32 just shows how easy it was to get to the Finals. When they got killed by 3rd seeded Spurs
They got "killed" by the very successful, several-time NBA Champ Spurs. The Lakers lost in the 1st round in 5 games to the Suns. Not exactly a better showing dude.

Although I coulda sworn the Lakers had Bynum by then, but I guess he didn't start?

In 2006-2007 at 50-32.. Lebron's team was the #2 seed.. It's not like they were 7th seeded Lakers who had the same record as the 8th seed.

That 50-32 just shows how easy it was to get to the Finals. When they got killed by 3rd seeded Spurs
They got "killed" by the very successful, several-time NBA Champ Spurs. The Lakers lost in the 1st round in 5 games to the Suns. Not exactly a better showing dude.

Although I coulda sworn the Lakers had Bynum by then, but I guess he didn't start?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Easy road to the finals and it showed.....   Lakers had an awful awful team.. When you start Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom at the 4. and Vladimir Radmonovich you shouldn't even win 20 games. Lebron would have been 6th in western conference playing the Spurs first round... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tell me how that works out for Bron Bron..

Easy road to the finals and it showed.....   Lakers had an awful awful team.. When you start Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom at the 4. and Vladimir Radmonovich you shouldn't even win 20 games. Lebron would have been 6th in western conference playing the Spurs first round... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tell me how that works out for Bron Bron..

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

bijald0331 said:
^He has lived up to the hype unlike any other athlete in sports history, IMO.

indifferent.gif

Name me an athlete that was as hyped as LeBron was before he stepped onto the court (SI cover toutng him as a lottery pick as a JUNIOR in HS!) and surpassed these expectations. Don't go Lew Alcindor on me either.

bijald0331 said:

indifferent.gif

Name me an athlete that was as hyped as LeBron was before he stepped onto the court (SI cover toutng him as a lottery pick as a JUNIOR in HS!) and surpassed these expectations. Don't go Lew Alcindor on me either.

To be fair I already acknowledged the disparity between the conferences.

Maybe there is no way to directly compare the two in terms of "winning ability," since Kobe usually played with much better and at times like this, worse teams, whereas Lebron's teams have been consistently bad-average at best. As for now, we can give Kobe the benefit of the doubt, as his five rings, or at least his last two, make it clear he is a "winner." LeBron has not won a championship but he has done a whole lot of winning.....regular season games and playoff series. We know at the very least he's no AI. His numbers don't come at the expense of his teammates or his team's overall success.

To me it comes down to A. his superiority in almost every measurable category of individual basketball performance, and B. watching him on the court and seeing his "intangibles." His insane playmaking and court vision, which rivals most point guards' and is clearly better than Kobe's IMO, his ability to command the attention of an entire defense is unparalleled. And while Kobe is a great perimeter/on the ball defender, LeBron's size and athleticism puts him over Kobe easily. He forces a lot of misses, whether he's in the paint, on the perimeter putting a hand up and forcing a player to throw some extra arc on his jumper, or chasing down a fast breaking player, he's constantly throwing guys off their game.

To be fair I already acknowledged the disparity between the conferences.

Maybe there is no way to directly compare the two in terms of "winning ability," since Kobe usually played with much better and at times like this, worse teams, whereas Lebron's teams have been consistently bad-average at best. As for now, we can give Kobe the benefit of the doubt, as his five rings, or at least his last two, make it clear he is a "winner." LeBron has not won a championship but he has done a whole lot of winning.....regular season games and playoff series. We know at the very least he's no AI. His numbers don't come at the expense of his teammates or his team's overall success.

To me it comes down to A. his superiority in almost every measurable category of individual basketball performance, and B. watching him on the court and seeing his "intangibles." His insane playmaking and court vision, which rivals most point guards' and is clearly better than Kobe's IMO, his ability to command the attention of an entire defense is unparalleled. And while Kobe is a great perimeter/on the ball defender, LeBron's size and athleticism puts him over Kobe easily. He forces a lot of misses, whether he's in the paint, on the perimeter putting a hand up and forcing a player to throw some extra arc on his jumper, or chasing down a fast breaking player, he's constantly throwing guys off their game.

I don't even like Lebron, but I hope he wins a ring next year just to shut all this %$%+ up.

I don't even like Lebron, but I hope he wins a ring next year just to shut all this %$%+ up.

Joe Camel I just want to see where we diverge so I'm going to list a bunch of qualities and pick who is better at what

Shot Inside - Bron
Shot Close - Bron
Shot Medium - Kobe
Shot 3PT - Kobe
Free Throw - Kobe
Shot Low Post - Bron
Shot high post- Kobe
Layup - Push with the edge to Bron if I have to lean one way or the other
Dunk - Bron
Shoot in Traffic - Kobe
Shoot off Dribble - Kobe
Ball Handle - Push
Ball Security - Kobe
Pass - Bron
Offensive Low Post - Bron
Offensive Rebound - Kobe (looked up the stat they are pretty even.. Since you would expect Lebron to be better you have to give it to Kobe)
Defensive Low Post - Bron
Block - Bron
Steal - Kobe
Defensive Rebound - Bron
On Ball Defense - Kobe
Hustle - Kobe (If we were talking about on fast break only then Lebron)
Speed - Bron
Stamina - Kobe
Offensive Clutch - Kobe
Defensive Clutch - Kobe
Emotion - Kobe (cue Chris Rock game 1)
Defensive Awareness - Kobe
Offensive Awareness - Kobe
Consistency - Kobe
Heart - Kobe

and the most important that is what makes my decision because it is pretty even In the 4th quarter if I have a small lead or I am down who do I want to take the game over, or take the last shot to win the game - Kobe

It's not like I am saying Kobe is #1 Michael Jordan and Lebron is #2 and is comparable to a nobody...

I think Kobe is #1 & Lebron is #2... If Lebron proves he can win it, and the last play of the game consistently have that ice in the veins to hit game winners. He would be #1... But he doesn't so he's not.. When Kobe retires or in 2-4 years Lebron will be #1... Just currently Kobe > Lebron.. Career wise if Lebron stays with #1 ranked seed in EC and doesn't win it. Then Kobe > Lebron..

Joe Camel I just want to see where we diverge so I'm going to list a bunch of qualities and pick who is better at what

Shot Inside - Bron
Shot Close - Bron
Shot Medium - Kobe
Shot 3PT - Kobe
Free Throw - Kobe
Shot Low Post - Bron
Shot high post- Kobe
Layup - Push with the edge to Bron if I have to lean one way or the other
Dunk - Bron
Shoot in Traffic - Kobe
Shoot off Dribble - Kobe
Ball Handle - Push
Ball Security - Kobe
Pass - Bron
Offensive Low Post - Bron
Offensive Rebound - Kobe (looked up the stat they are pretty even.. Since you would expect Lebron to be better you have to give it to Kobe)
Defensive Low Post - Bron
Block - Bron
Steal - Kobe
Defensive Rebound - Bron
On Ball Defense - Kobe
Hustle - Kobe (If we were talking about on fast break only then Lebron)
Speed - Bron
Stamina - Kobe
Offensive Clutch - Kobe
Defensive Clutch - Kobe
Emotion - Kobe (cue Chris Rock game 1)
Defensive Awareness - Kobe
Offensive Awareness - Kobe
Consistency - Kobe
Heart - Kobe

and the most important that is what makes my decision because it is pretty even In the 4th quarter if I have a small lead or I am down who do I want to take the game over, or take the last shot to win the game - Kobe

It's not like I am saying Kobe is #1 Michael Jordan and Lebron is #2 and is comparable to a nobody...

I think Kobe is #1 & Lebron is #2... If Lebron proves he can win it, and the last play of the game consistently have that ice in the veins to hit game winners. He would be #1... But he doesn't so he's not.. When Kobe retires or in 2-4 years Lebron will be #1... Just currently Kobe > Lebron.. Career wise if Lebron stays with #1 ranked seed in EC and doesn't win it. Then Kobe > Lebron..

^This is exactly what differentiates the sides in this argument. Kobe supporters point to the fact that Kobe is more skilled in many different areas than LeBron. It doesn't matter. LeBron is a freak, point blank. All these little skill advantages mean nothing in this argument. It doesn't matter that Kobe's has a better post-up game from 15ft or that his stamina is better(say what? I remember Kobe being lurched over doing interviews in the finals against the Magic... I'm not saying LeBron's is better; point is that it's negligible).

He doesn't score more or better than LeBron, he doesn't rebound better than LeBron, he doesn't pass better to LeBron, and he isn't as efficient as LeBron. Point blank.

I can guarantee these same exact arguments occurred in the mid-to-late 80s when comparing Jordan to Bird and Magic (not comparing LeBron or Kobe to any of these; merely stating that the elements of the arguments are probably similar).

Oh and I'm still waiting on a response on this...

bijald0331 said:

indifferent.gif

^This is exactly what differentiates the sides in this argument. Kobe supporters point to the fact that Kobe is more skilled in many different areas than LeBron. It doesn't matter. LeBron is a freak, point blank. All these little skill advantages mean nothing in this argument. It doesn't matter that Kobe's has a better post-up game from 15ft or that his stamina is better(say what? I remember Kobe being lurched over doing interviews in the finals against the Magic... I'm not saying LeBron's is better; point is that it's negligible).

He doesn't score more or better than LeBron, he doesn't rebound better than LeBron, he doesn't pass better to LeBron, and he isn't as efficient as LeBron. Point blank.

I can guarantee these same exact arguments occurred in the mid-to-late 80s when comparing Jordan to Bird and Magic (not comparing LeBron or Kobe to any of these; merely stating that the elements of the arguments are probably similar).

Oh and I'm still waiting on a response on this...

bijald0331 said:

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Tookthe words outta my mouth.

It's erroneous to argue that Kobe a better scorer than LeBron because he has mastered a wider variety of shots......if Lebron's 10 (imaginary number here for the sake of argument) shots score more points at a higher % than Kobe's 20, he's a better scorer, period. He's also a better rebounder, better passer, and better defneder, regardless if you wanna split hairs and say Kobe gets more steals or that he gets more long rebounds or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Tookthe words outta my mouth.

It's erroneous to argue that Kobe a better scorer than LeBron because he has mastered a wider variety of shots......if Lebron's 10 (imaginary number here for the sake of argument) shots score more points at a higher % than Kobe's 20, he's a better scorer, period. He's also a better rebounder, better passer, and better defneder, regardless if you wanna split hairs and say Kobe gets more steals or that he gets more long rebounds or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

LeBron gets Akron crystal trophy thingy...

061910-LeBron-James-SW-IN_20100619175044_0_0.JPG

You sure that's the only "thingy" he got this past season?

5y6hxu.jpg

And unlike Kobe's 2010 Finals MVP, Bron's is legit.
heart_attack_symptoms.jpg

guess Paul Pierce shoulda won it
eyes.gif
...fool kobe woulda derserved that MVP even if the lakers would of lost!

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

LeBron gets Akron crystal trophy thingy...

061910-LeBron-James-SW-IN_20100619175044_0_0.JPG

You sure that's the only "thingy" he got this past season?

5y6hxu.jpg

And unlike Kobe's 2010 Finals MVP, Bron's is legit.
heart_attack_symptoms.jpg

guess Paul Pierce shoulda won it
eyes.gif
...fool kobe woulda derserved that MVP even if the lakers would of lost!

wow i cannot believe how people still say lebron's team sucks. like hes playing with garbage or something. thats why all the experts were picking the cavs to win it all right??? or when people on here were saying cavs had the best bench in the league??? or how about when they traded for jamison and everyone and they momma was praising danny ferry hell even one person said if lebron doesnt win the title this year its on him because danny got him the help he needed.
laugh.gif
who remembers when the cavs squashed the lakers on christmas??? you guys remember that and all of niketalk except for laker fans were crowning cavs the best team in the league???yet here we are saying how lebron had no help. his team he was on sucks. best record in the elague 2 years straight and his team sucks right??

wow unbelievable. you all sounding like laker fans when the lakers had kwame brown and smush parker were starting. Only thing is cavs had mo williams, antawn jamison, and shaq starting lol so much for the best bench in the league.

I wish you guys would take the time to check out all them old threads and how yall were talking this and that about how the cavs were the team to beat, they gonna win it all, best bench in the league, danny ferry for exec of the year, watch out league, jamison makes this team better, blah blah blah. lol ridiculous

just lock this thread up. thought this was about the celtic defense locking lebron down??

wow i cannot believe how people still say lebron's team sucks. like hes playing with garbage or something. thats why all the experts were picking the cavs to win it all right??? or when people on here were saying cavs had the best bench in the league??? or how about when they traded for jamison and everyone and they momma was praising danny ferry hell even one person said if lebron doesnt win the title this year its on him because danny got him the help he needed.
laugh.gif
who remembers when the cavs squashed the lakers on christmas??? you guys remember that and all of niketalk except for laker fans were crowning cavs the best team in the league???yet here we are saying how lebron had no help. his team he was on sucks. best record in the elague 2 years straight and his team sucks right??

wow unbelievable. you all sounding like laker fans when the lakers had kwame brown and smush parker were starting. Only thing is cavs had mo williams, antawn jamison, and shaq starting lol so much for the best bench in the league.

I wish you guys would take the time to check out all them old threads and how yall were talking this and that about how the cavs were the team to beat, they gonna win it all, best bench in the league, danny ferry for exec of the year, watch out league, jamison makes this team better, blah blah blah. lol ridiculous

just lock this thread up. thought this was about the celtic defense locking lebron down??

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

did you watch the Cavs in the playoffs the last two years? If you did, you wouldn't have to type all that up
laugh.gif

Get it right, experts picked the Cavs because of one player. Just like when Lebron signs with whoever, theyll be instant championship contenders. Dont give this "best record in the league" junk as if it justifies him having teammates. Laker fans are the first to point out "best record in the league" when theyre the same ones that also say "regular season doesn't matter". Can't have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom