Did Boston use the 2-3 zone to stop Lebron ?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow i cannot believe how people still say lebron's team sucks. like hes playing with garbage or something. thats why all the experts were picking the cavs to win it all right??? or when people on here were saying cavs had the best bench in the league??? or how about when they traded for jamison and everyone and they momma was praising danny ferry hell even one person said if lebron doesnt win the title this year its on him because danny got him the help he needed.
laugh.gif
who remembers when the cavs squashed the lakers on christmas??? you guys remember that and all of niketalk except for laker fans were crowning cavs the best team in the league???yet here we are saying how lebron had no help. his team he was on sucks. best record in the elague 2 years straight and his team sucks right??

wow unbelievable. you all sounding like laker fans when the lakers had kwame brown and smush parker were starting. Only thing is cavs had mo williams, antawn jamison, and shaq starting lol so much for the best bench in the league.

I wish you guys would take the time to check out all them old threads and how yall were talking this and that about how the cavs were the team to beat, they gonna win it all, best bench in the league, danny ferry for exec of the year, watch out league, jamison makes this team better, blah blah blah. lol ridiculous

just lock this thread up. thought this was about the celtic defense locking lebron down??
did you watch the Cavs in the playoffs the last two years? If you did, you wouldn't have to type all that up
laugh.gif

Get it right, experts picked the Cavs because of one player. Just like when Lebron signs with whoever, theyll be instant championship contenders. Dont give this "best record in the league" junk as if it justifies him having teammates. Laker fans are the first to point out "best record in the league" when theyre the same ones that also say "regular season doesn't matter". Can't have it both ways.

Basketball's a team game, no one individual player can single-handedly win a championship for a team. LeBron clearly has never had a team as good as Kobe has had in all the Lakers championship runs. If you say otherwise you're lying to yourself.

Basketball's a team game, no one individual player can single-handedly win a championship for a team. LeBron clearly has never had a team as good as Kobe has had in all the Lakers championship runs. If you say otherwise you're lying to yourself.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

LeBron needs to win multiple ones, I'm with you 100% on that. But it doesn't really factor in to me who's best year in, year out individually. Still a team and organization accomplishment to a large extent.
x2

Originally Posted by Al3xis

LeBron needs to win multiple ones, I'm with you 100% on that. But it doesn't really factor in to me who's best year in, year out individually. Still a team and organization accomplishment to a large extent.
x2

So we were comparing the 2 players.. And comparing each players at different skill sets is 'erroneous'... What kind of backwards !!@ +##$ is that...

27 ppg to 29ppg... Yup it is absolutely evident that Lebron is the better scorer..

Oh yeah and Lebron is the better defender that is why Kobe has been 1st team all-defensive team every year Lebron has been in the League except 2005... And Lebron only has 2 (the past 2 years).. I don't want to hear +##$ about well he needed time to develop.. He started 79 games first season (37.9 MPG).. Kobe started 6 at 15MPG his 1st year.

There is a reason Lebron has more defensive boards and blocks.. He defends players who are closer to the basket..

And yeah Lebron has 2 MVP's... Kobe has 1.. But most of the people who are saying that better admit Kobe got robbed the 1 year Nash won it(05-06) and could have gotten it in (06-07) over Dirk (less convincing argument for over Dirk because those Mavs killed)..But def. over Nash in 05-06.

But this will be dismissed as a 'what if'... Kind of like What If Lebron had a better team than the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference the past 2 years (BEST RECORD 2 YEARS IN A ROW FOR THE ENTIRE NBA, and best home record 2 years in a row) and not choked...Kind of like What If Kobe had the #1 ranked seed in the Western Conference 2 years in a row. Took them to the finals and they have 2 Championships.. Lebron doesn't have a good team
laugh.gif

So we were comparing the 2 players.. And comparing each players at different skill sets is 'erroneous'... What kind of backwards !!@ +##$ is that...

27 ppg to 29ppg... Yup it is absolutely evident that Lebron is the better scorer..

Oh yeah and Lebron is the better defender that is why Kobe has been 1st team all-defensive team every year Lebron has been in the League except 2005... And Lebron only has 2 (the past 2 years).. I don't want to hear +##$ about well he needed time to develop.. He started 79 games first season (37.9 MPG).. Kobe started 6 at 15MPG his 1st year.

There is a reason Lebron has more defensive boards and blocks.. He defends players who are closer to the basket..

And yeah Lebron has 2 MVP's... Kobe has 1.. But most of the people who are saying that better admit Kobe got robbed the 1 year Nash won it(05-06) and could have gotten it in (06-07) over Dirk (less convincing argument for over Dirk because those Mavs killed)..But def. over Nash in 05-06.

But this will be dismissed as a 'what if'... Kind of like What If Lebron had a better team than the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference the past 2 years (BEST RECORD 2 YEARS IN A ROW FOR THE ENTIRE NBA, and best home record 2 years in a row) and not choked...Kind of like What If Kobe had the #1 ranked seed in the Western Conference 2 years in a row. Took them to the finals and they have 2 Championships.. Lebron doesn't have a good team
laugh.gif

80  Magic    21.5

81  Cedric Maxwell  17.7

82  Magic    16.2   10.8 rebounds, 8 assists,  the other 5 starters point  totals were 17.7, 19.7, 18.0, and 16.3

83  Malone    25.8

84  Bird   27.4

85  Kareem   25.7

86  Bird  24.0 with 9.7 rebounds and 9.5 assists, McHale avg 25.8, with 8.5 rebounds, and 1.7 assists

87  Magic  26.2

88  Worthy 22.0

89  Dumars  27.3

90  Isiah  27.6

91  Jordan  31.2

92  Jordan  35.8

93  Jordan 41.0

94  Hakeem  26.9

95  Hakeem  32.8

96  Jordan  27.3

97  Jordan  32.3

98  Jordan 33.5

99  Duncan  27.4

00  Shaq  38.0

01  Shaq  33.0

02  Shaq  36.3

03  Duncan 24.2

04  Billups 21.0    Rip was 21.4  He scored 2 more points total, but Billups shot 50%, 47% from 3, and 92% free throws in 6 less minutes a game

05  Duncan  20.6

06  Wade  34.7

07  Parker 24.5

08  Pierce  21.8

09  Bryant 32.4

10  Bryant 28.6

These are all the Finals MVPs back all the way to 1980.

The high scorer for the winning team in each series won the MVP in every series except for 04, 86, and 82.  Now look at the numbers for those 3 specific series.  And you see why those 3 were chosen over the other guys. 

Kobe outscored Pau by 10 points a game.  Doesn’t matter how or why or anything like that, 27 of the 30 years, the MVP was the highest scorer, the 3 variations were splitting hairs due to extreme close cases.  Also, the finals MVP has averaged over 20 points a game in 28 of those 30 series.  The two winners that didn’t average 20 PPG, there was no other players on that team that did average 20. 

If people think Pau was the MVP, that is “customizing

80  Magic    21.5

81  Cedric Maxwell  17.7

82  Magic    16.2   10.8 rebounds, 8 assists,  the other 5 starters point  totals were 17.7, 19.7, 18.0, and 16.3

83  Malone    25.8

84  Bird   27.4

85  Kareem   25.7

86  Bird  24.0 with 9.7 rebounds and 9.5 assists, McHale avg 25.8, with 8.5 rebounds, and 1.7 assists

87  Magic  26.2

88  Worthy 22.0

89  Dumars  27.3

90  Isiah  27.6

91  Jordan  31.2

92  Jordan  35.8

93  Jordan 41.0

94  Hakeem  26.9

95  Hakeem  32.8

96  Jordan  27.3

97  Jordan  32.3

98  Jordan 33.5

99  Duncan  27.4

00  Shaq  38.0

01  Shaq  33.0

02  Shaq  36.3

03  Duncan 24.2

04  Billups 21.0    Rip was 21.4  He scored 2 more points total, but Billups shot 50%, 47% from 3, and 92% free throws in 6 less minutes a game

05  Duncan  20.6

06  Wade  34.7

07  Parker 24.5

08  Pierce  21.8

09  Bryant 32.4

10  Bryant 28.6

These are all the Finals MVPs back all the way to 1980.

The high scorer for the winning team in each series won the MVP in every series except for 04, 86, and 82.  Now look at the numbers for those 3 specific series.  And you see why those 3 were chosen over the other guys. 

Kobe outscored Pau by 10 points a game.  Doesn’t matter how or why or anything like that, 27 of the 30 years, the MVP was the highest scorer, the 3 variations were splitting hairs due to extreme close cases.  Also, the finals MVP has averaged over 20 points a game in 28 of those 30 series.  The two winners that didn’t average 20 PPG, there was no other players on that team that did average 20. 

If people think Pau was the MVP, that is “customizing

Lebron made 52 more field goals while taking 41 LESS attempts, so yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say Lebron is a better scorer.

Right, because what happened in '03-'04 is relevant to who's better right now.

Lebron made 52 more field goals while taking 41 LESS attempts, so yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say Lebron is a better scorer.

Right, because what happened in '03-'04 is relevant to who's better right now.

Originally Posted by Essential1

No of course the Celtics were better.. It is evident.. Maybe he had no chance at all but in those 4th quarters he just gave up. Wasn't running up and down court. Walking. Taking some ridiculous shots.. Not yelling at teammates for lack of effort.. That's his job to refocus the team...
That's Mike Brown's job to re-focus the team. Why you think he's no longer coach?

It is evident that this is a subjective topic. I saw your long list of skill sets. Subjective reasoning again. MVP talk. Subjective. End of the day, we know who has the better stats, the MVPs, but no rings. Kobe is that dude tho.  

No of course the Celtics were better.. It is evident.. Maybe he had no chance at all but in those 4th quarters he just gave up. Wasn't running up and down court. Walking. Taking some ridiculous shots.. Not yelling at teammates for lack of effort.. That's his job to refocus the team...
That's Mike Brown's job to re-focus the team. Why you think he's no longer coach?

It is evident that this is a subjective topic. I saw your long list of skill sets. Subjective reasoning again. MVP talk. Subjective. End of the day, we know who has the better stats, the MVPs, but no rings. Kobe is that dude tho.  

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Are people this dense?

Stats aren't the end all, be all. There's more to being "the best" or a "a winner" than stats. I could rattle off player after player whose stats make them seem a lot better than they really are. We all know of these players.

What's holding Lebron back is his psychological makeup. You can't be "the best" unless you're a leader and Lebron is not a leader...yet.
Can he become one? It just may not be in his psychological makeup.

Incorrect. What's holding LeBron Back is the same thing that was holding Kobe Bryant Back when he didn't have Pau Gasol, and that is not having a legitimate team to back him up.
There is no I in team, I don't know if most people remember Kobe Bryant back when Pau was on the Grizzlies, but Kobe was too busy losing to the Suns and the Pistons (who were actual teams and didn't have just one offensive option)

Lebron's team now consists of a youthless Shaq, a Useless Mo Williams, and an Antwan Jamison that is just not a right fit for the Cavs. People forget that the Lakers does not just consist of Kobe Bryant, but a sure All-Star in Gasol, Previous Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest, Clutch shooter Derek Fisher, and excellent 6th Man Lamar Odom. If LeBron had a team half as good, then He will see the NBA Finals again.

Are people this dense?

Stats aren't the end all, be all. There's more to being "the best" or a "a winner" than stats. I could rattle off player after player whose stats make them seem a lot better than they really are. We all know of these players.

What's holding Lebron back is his psychological makeup. You can't be "the best" unless you're a leader and Lebron is not a leader...yet.

Incorrect. What's holding LeBron Back is the same thing that was holding Kobe Bryant Back when he didn't have Pau Gasol, and that is not having a legitimate team to back him up.
There is no I in team, I don't know if most people remember Kobe Bryant back when Pau was on the Grizzlies, but Kobe was too busy losing to the Suns and the Pistons (who were actual teams and didn't have just one offensive option)

Lebron's team now consists of a youthless Shaq, a Useless Mo Williams, and an Antwan Jamison that is just not a right fit for the Cavs. People forget that the Lakers does not just consist of Kobe Bryant, but a sure All-Star in Gasol, Previous Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest, Clutch shooter Derek Fisher, and excellent 6th Man Lamar Odom. If LeBron had a team half as good, then He will see the NBA Finals again.

laugh.gif
come on now. lebron score more points and does so more efficiently (higher fg%). that means he is a better scorer. let's not make this more complicated tjan it needs to be. if kobe gets his points from 10 different types of shots a game and lebron gets all from layups, dunks, and free throws, (extreme exmple here for the sake of argument), that doesn't make a difference. lebron's still the better scorer. it's not about how many different shots you make or how creative you are, it's about how many times you put the ball in the basket, and how effectively you do so (fg%).

not sure why we're bringing the past into the discussion all of a sudden....it's been well known trhat lebron dramatically picked up his defense a few seasons back. as of now and for the forseeable future, lebron is the superior defender. he's bigger, faster, and stronger, and can create nightmare matchups for anyone from point guards to power forwards.

he has more rebounds because hes taller and a beter athlete. he could play kobe's game exactly and still get more boards due to his height alone. that's life, not much kobe can do a bout that one.

he has more blocks because he guards closer to the basket....? uh...that and the fact that he is quicker, a better jumper, and has a much longer reach than kobe..but by that argument, it follows to say that kobe has more steals because he is more of a perimiter defender.  even if this were true, i'm not sure how it changes things......lebron can guard more players than kobe can and IMO (this is intangible not something stats will easily verify) is a better overall defender, on and ESPECIALLY off the ball. if he plays more down low, thats because he CAN, and it obviously leads to productivity in terms of rebounding and blocked shots.

can't argue about mvp's there, i think kobe was robbed as well......i don't like a lot of the mvp winners they selected in the 00's.

of course it's all speculation. as it's been said before.....winning, especially in the playoffs and finals, is a team accomplishment. the teams kobe has won championships with have been flush with talent, a level lebron has never been fortunate enough to play with thus far. thats not debateable. until he is given the chance, it's unreasonable to point to kobe as somehow a better team player (imagine saying that about kobe a few years ago....
laugh.gif
)  or "winner" than him.

laugh.gif
come on now. lebron score more points and does so more efficiently (higher fg%). that means he is a better scorer. let's not make this more complicated tjan it needs to be. if kobe gets his points from 10 different types of shots a game and lebron gets all from layups, dunks, and free throws, (extreme exmple here for the sake of argument), that doesn't make a difference. lebron's still the better scorer. it's not about how many different shots you make or how creative you are, it's about how many times you put the ball in the basket, and how effectively you do so (fg%).

not sure why we're bringing the past into the discussion all of a sudden....it's been well known trhat lebron dramatically picked up his defense a few seasons back. as of now and for the forseeable future, lebron is the superior defender. he's bigger, faster, and stronger, and can create nightmare matchups for anyone from point guards to power forwards.

he has more rebounds because hes taller and a beter athlete. he could play kobe's game exactly and still get more boards due to his height alone. that's life, not much kobe can do a bout that one.

he has more blocks because he guards closer to the basket....? uh...that and the fact that he is quicker, a better jumper, and has a much longer reach than kobe..but by that argument, it follows to say that kobe has more steals because he is more of a perimiter defender.  even if this were true, i'm not sure how it changes things......lebron can guard more players than kobe can and IMO (this is intangible not something stats will easily verify) is a better overall defender, on and ESPECIALLY off the ball. if he plays more down low, thats because he CAN, and it obviously leads to productivity in terms of rebounding and blocked shots.

can't argue about mvp's there, i think kobe was robbed as well......i don't like a lot of the mvp winners they selected in the 00's.

of course it's all speculation. as it's been said before.....winning, especially in the playoffs and finals, is a team accomplishment. the teams kobe has won championships with have been flush with talent, a level lebron has never been fortunate enough to play with thus far. thats not debateable. until he is given the chance, it's unreasonable to point to kobe as somehow a better team player (imagine saying that about kobe a few years ago....
laugh.gif
)  or "winner" than him.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Are people this dense?

LOL, ok, so why then was Kobe and his band of losers barely making the playoffs (because that was their true value, and where they belonged) and yet Bron and his cast of "misfits" have boatraced the regular seasons two years running?  125 wins in 2 years seemed just fine all year, and then all of a sudden they are garbage? 
laugh.gif

Meanwhile, Fisher is considered by LAKER fans as the worst PG on earth (not by me though) and we all gasped every time Artest shot the ball, not to mention it was Ariza here last year, Bynum was hurt both years playing thru pain, our bench is considered garbage, and Lamar Odom shows up how often?  Oh, but that cast is phenomenal, and the Cavs are all bums. 
laugh.gif

As I said, Bron has added Mo, Shaq, and Jamison, and they stay the same, flame out in the postseason.  Kobe adds one guy, Gasol to what he already had in 07-08, and he's on 3 straight finals.  But the Cavs had homecourt both years.  They weren't 7th seeds like we were 4 years ago.  They were ONE seeds.  Homecourt throughtout.  And with room to spare I might add.  So they seemed to be workin just fine for 8 months.  So this argument is very very strange if you ask me. 

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Are people this dense?

LOL, ok, so why then was Kobe and his band of losers barely making the playoffs (because that was their true value, and where they belonged) and yet Bron and his cast of "misfits" have boatraced the regular seasons two years running?  125 wins in 2 years seemed just fine all year, and then all of a sudden they are garbage? 
laugh.gif

Meanwhile, Fisher is considered by LAKER fans as the worst PG on earth (not by me though) and we all gasped every time Artest shot the ball, not to mention it was Ariza here last year, Bynum was hurt both years playing thru pain, our bench is considered garbage, and Lamar Odom shows up how often?  Oh, but that cast is phenomenal, and the Cavs are all bums. 
laugh.gif

As I said, Bron has added Mo, Shaq, and Jamison, and they stay the same, flame out in the postseason.  Kobe adds one guy, Gasol to what he already had in 07-08, and he's on 3 straight finals.  But the Cavs had homecourt both years.  They weren't 7th seeds like we were 4 years ago.  They were ONE seeds.  Homecourt throughtout.  And with room to spare I might add.  So they seemed to be workin just fine for 8 months.  So this argument is very very strange if you ask me. 

Looked good on paper...although some of us didnt like the Shaq pick up because it continued to lead to playing the wrong style. Which leads into the whole Mike Brown thing.

Jamison was nice on paper but he ended up having the worst playoff performance out of anyone in the NBA this year.

Cavs were 1-13 without LeBron the past 3 years, so what if he's just that good to carry that team through the regular season?

No, that record was not a typo.

Looked good on paper...although some of us didnt like the Shaq pick up because it continued to lead to playing the wrong style. Which leads into the whole Mike Brown thing.

Jamison was nice on paper but he ended up having the worst playoff performance out of anyone in the NBA this year.

Cavs were 1-13 without LeBron the past 3 years, so what if he's just that good to carry that team through the regular season?

No, that record was not a typo.

^
We gonna find out a lot of answers starting next year hopefully.  I think I'm leanin towards him goin to a new team, so we will see how that team does, come playoff time.  It'll be fun. 

^
We gonna find out a lot of answers starting next year hopefully.  I think I'm leanin towards him goin to a new team, so we will see how that team does, come playoff time.  It'll be fun. 

Back
Top Bottom