Did i just get robbed or is something else going on here...

So I came home from work yesterday and nobody's home (i live with my mom, dad and little brother) and that's kind of strange it being a Sunday afternoon. So I call my mom and she said her and my dad were running a quick "errand" and asked if I had seen her gold and diamond bracelet that she was wearing the day before. I said no and I could tell she was upset. So they get home and I ask my dad whats going on and he said that Sunday afternoon while I was at work, my bro was working too and my mom had gone shopping. He was alone at home and had been doing work on the yard and jumped in the shower. The way the house is set up is my parents master bedroom, then a small hallway no more than 5 feet long, then the bathroom. He said he heard someone open the door while he was in the shower but just dismissed it as my brother coming home. So he gets out of the shower and the door between the little hallway and his room is closed. he NEVER closes that door. So he goes into his room and my mom's bracelet is gone. We have no idea what happened so I figured I'd get NT's take on it. Nothing else in the house was missing or out of place at all btw.

So I came home from work yesterday and nobody's home (i live with my mom, dad and little brother) and that's kind of strange it being a Sunday afternoon. So I call my mom and she said her and my dad were running a quick "errand" and asked if I had seen her gold and diamond bracelet that she was wearing the day before. I said no and I could tell she was upset. So they get home and I ask my dad whats going on and he said that Sunday afternoon while I was at work, my bro was working too and my mom had gone shopping. He was alone at home and had been doing work on the yard and jumped in the shower. The way the house is set up is my parents master bedroom, then a small hallway no more than 5 feet long, then the bathroom. He said he heard someone open the door while he was in the shower but just dismissed it as my brother coming home. So he gets out of the shower and the door between the little hallway and his room is closed. he NEVER closes that door. So he goes into his room and my mom's bracelet is gone. We have no idea what happened so I figured I'd get NT's take on it. Nothing else in the house was missing or out of place at all btw.

Hmmmm...
Seems like someone knew what they were after...
Naaaaaah i'm probably just reaching.

Inside job.

Your Pops pawned it to pay off his gambling debt or gave it to his side jump as an xmas gift.

Hmmmm...
Seems like someone knew what they were after...
Naaaaaah i'm probably just reaching.

Inside job.

Your Pops pawned it to pay off his gambling debt or gave it to his side jump as an xmas gift.

i agree with inside job. of all the things the robber passed and they go for a bracelet which was in the easiest place to get caught (and probably most expensive)....someone probably knows you guys and was watching your pops for the perfect opportunity.

i agree with inside job. of all the things the robber passed and they go for a bracelet which was in the easiest place to get caught (and probably most expensive)....someone probably knows you guys and was watching your pops for the perfect opportunity.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Inside job.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

they probably didn't expect to run into anyone inside the house, so the person just grabbed something quick and bolted

y'all leave your house unlocked like that though?  How'd the person get inside?

Back
Top Bottom