Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

Well said man. Well said.

I am not speaking on his leadership capabilities nor his talent level. I am strictly speaking on the disrespectful nature that his fellow players (fraternity) displayed via Twitter. I just think it is foul how people went about expressing their views about the man. I would NEVER, NEVER question another man's injury status. Never. We don't know what that man is feeling. But as I said, it is easy for us to question it. It is easy to do that. It is not easy to say, "Ok this man has a wife and kids at home and family members, maybe we shouldn't go out of our way to call him out like that." I just think it is inhumane.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

Forget the side effects, a real warrior would deal with that later
eyes.gif
(sarcasm)

like all of us were wondering including himself ... when did he get hurt ... i didn't even realize the heat he was getting until i turned on the radio this morning ... i told my dude your mans on the sidelines in the chip never thinking anything of it ...

like it was stated on the radio ... this guy has taken some serious beatdowns over the years ... it's unfortunate that this injury came at this time ... it's easy to say that when you on the sidelines ...

deion ... turf toe ...
cats that never played football in their life

could he have played ... i'm sure he could have ... would have helped his team ... maybe he felt like he couldn't ... does his weak footwork equate to him possibly messing his knee even know had he stayed in ... iono ... whatever though ... i would be tight as a bears fan but i can't imagine anyone folding on that stage outside of LT

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

Well said man. Well said.

I am not speaking on his leadership capabilities nor his talent level. I am strictly speaking on the disrespectful nature that his fellow players (fraternity) displayed via Twitter. I just think it is foul how people went about expressing their views about the man. I would NEVER, NEVER question another man's injury status. Never. We don't know what that man is feeling. But as I said, it is easy for us to question it. It is easy to do that. It is not easy to say, "Ok this man has a wife and kids at home and family members, maybe we shouldn't go out of our way to call him out like that." I just think it is inhumane.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

Forget the side effects, a real warrior would deal with that later
eyes.gif
(sarcasm)

like all of us were wondering including himself ... when did he get hurt ... i didn't even realize the heat he was getting until i turned on the radio this morning ... i told my dude your mans on the sidelines in the chip never thinking anything of it ...

like it was stated on the radio ... this guy has taken some serious beatdowns over the years ... it's unfortunate that this injury came at this time ... it's easy to say that when you on the sidelines ...

deion ... turf toe ...
cats that never played football in their life

could he have played ... i'm sure he could have ... would have helped his team ... maybe he felt like he couldn't ... does his weak footwork equate to him possibly messing his knee even know had he stayed in ... iono ... whatever though ... i would be tight as a bears fan but i can't imagine anyone folding on that stage outside of LT

Originally Posted by JD617

Did I smoke trees with your girl or something? 
laugh.gif
This is quickly becoming the most overused "comeback" on NT. I'm not talking about just in this case, I mean in general.

"Did (insert name here) do (insert activity here) with your girl??? OMG ZING!!!!11!"

Jesus. At least make an effort to be creative and original.

HATERS.
30t6p3b.gif

And then you combine that with one of the most overused/meaningless words on the internet.

Nice post.
Damn, it must've been your girl that I smoked trees with then...
roll.gif

I'm done with this thread... Fools catching feelings left and right.
30t6p3b.gif

Peace out ya'll. JET LIFE to the next life... Alright. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Did I smoke trees with your girl or something? 
laugh.gif
This is quickly becoming the most overused "comeback" on NT. I'm not talking about just in this case, I mean in general.

"Did (insert name here) do (insert activity here) with your girl??? OMG ZING!!!!11!"

Jesus. At least make an effort to be creative and original.

HATERS.
30t6p3b.gif

And then you combine that with one of the most overused/meaningless words on the internet.

Nice post.
Damn, it must've been your girl that I smoked trees with then...
roll.gif

I'm done with this thread... Fools catching feelings left and right.
30t6p3b.gif

Peace out ya'll. JET LIFE to the next life... Alright. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Bears would have lost with Cutler playing anyway. I never understood the hype around this dude. I was glad to see the Bears luck finally run out. 

The Bears would have lost with Cutler playing anyway. I never understood the hype around this dude. I was glad to see the Bears luck finally run out. 

Honestly im not doubting Cutlers toughness and I never really did. I was wondering why he was throwing off his back foot every play. I kinda feel bad he's getting hated on THIS much. People are saying its only excusable if it was torn. There can be different severities of a sprain and a sprain can technically be just as painful if not more than a tear. It just wont require surgery like a tear.

With that said there shouldnt be any excuses cause Hanie played better than Cutler before he was injured. Not saying I heard excuses, just saying.

Honestly im not doubting Cutlers toughness and I never really did. I was wondering why he was throwing off his back foot every play. I kinda feel bad he's getting hated on THIS much. People are saying its only excusable if it was torn. There can be different severities of a sprain and a sprain can technically be just as painful if not more than a tear. It just wont require surgery like a tear.

With that said there shouldnt be any excuses cause Hanie played better than Cutler before he was injured. Not saying I heard excuses, just saying.

From the movie "The Program"

--Coach (James Caan): Are you injured are are you hurt?
--Player (Omar Epps): What's the difference?
--Coach: If you're hurt, you can play. If you're injured you cant.

--Just sayin though...

From the movie "The Program"

--Coach (James Caan): Are you injured are are you hurt?
--Player (Omar Epps): What's the difference?
--Coach: If you're hurt, you can play. If you're injured you cant.

--Just sayin though...

roll.gif
@ those Tweets.

JC's health is his number one priority.  If he's injured, I don't blame him at all.  props to the Bears for standing up for him.  See you next season JC.  it's gonna be a looong offseason buddy.

roll.gif
@ those Tweets.

JC's health is his number one priority.  If he's injured, I don't blame him at all.  props to the Bears for standing up for him.  See you next season JC.  it's gonna be a looong offseason buddy.

Back
Top Bottom