Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

KLJ, the excuses point is moot. No franchise QB in the league blames their teammates or makes excuses for their performances. And bottom line, he has no one to blame but himself. More often than not it's his bad decisions and forced throws that hurt the Chicago Bears. You can't defend 60 INTs in three years. Cutler has little leadership qualities, that's not perception, it's painfully evident. His body language as a teammate is piss poor and you still didn't answer why he wasn't busy assisting/giving pointers to Collins/Hanie in the NFC Championship no less. 
He may not play scared after a bad play because he's a "gunslinger" blah, blah, blah. Often times Cutler's bad throws actually compound (see the game against San Francisco last year when he SINGLE-HANDEDLY lost the game for the Bears). 

Bad mental makeup=refusal or inability to fix bad habits such as throwing off your back foot. 

Mark my words: Chicago will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Jay Cutler at the helm. 

KLJ, the excuses point is moot. No franchise QB in the league blames their teammates or makes excuses for their performances. And bottom line, he has no one to blame but himself. More often than not it's his bad decisions and forced throws that hurt the Chicago Bears. You can't defend 60 INTs in three years. Cutler has little leadership qualities, that's not perception, it's painfully evident. His body language as a teammate is piss poor and you still didn't answer why he wasn't busy assisting/giving pointers to Collins/Hanie in the NFC Championship no less. 
He may not play scared after a bad play because he's a "gunslinger" blah, blah, blah. Often times Cutler's bad throws actually compound (see the game against San Francisco last year when he SINGLE-HANDEDLY lost the game for the Bears). 

Bad mental makeup=refusal or inability to fix bad habits such as throwing off your back foot. 

Mark my words: Chicago will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Jay Cutler at the helm. 

look...screw the knee injury.

the fact that so many people quickly jumped to that conclusion about the guy says a lot. does that make it right? hell no. if dude is seriously hurt, then fine. it was the right call to sit down.

kev...i see what you're saying. but on the other hand, what's he shown that can make someone think he's mentally strong. body language at THAT position (qb) says a lot. it's probably the biggest leadership position in sports. and after stalled drives, dude grabs a jacket and just sits on the bench staring out on to the field. go talk to your OC, talk to your teammates, go look at a print out of the defense's schemes from the last drive...do something! im not even a bears fan and i get pissed watching him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

players are payed to play. not worry about the rest of their career. he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

i guess Willis Reed and curt shilling should have sat out. just worry about the rest of their careers.
Come on G...I'm not even a fan of Cutler..but did you really try to compare those injuries to a possible torn ligament in the knee?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's hard to make talk straight when your busy with LeBron's balls in your mouth

how's it feel to have my balls in your mouth?

" NFL players talk about playing hurt as if it's some great attribute. It's not. It's stupidity."

"So deciding to potentially further the damage done and possibly end your career is a good idea?"

great quotes. a bunch of pansies here. same dudes defending chris bosh's gay comments about hustling. i'm sure he would have ended his career by cheering for his teammates and not looking like a girl pouting on the sidelines. like there aren't dozens of players who play through worse stuff through a season.

so worrying about your career matters more than playing an important game?
roll.gif

If I didn't know any better I'd think that you were an owner with a  vested interest.

You're the type of folks that the owners love. Taking this game seriously while working a 30k job and abhorring your own life while they rake in real money. 

I wouldn't give a +@%! if the man flat out quit. Who gives a @$%@? He's being paid millions to play  a game. More props to him, no matter what. 

This isn't Patton quitting on the 7th Army during WW2. It ain't that serious homie. 

Get a life. Lets see you get worked up about things that actually matter. Put all that energy into something productive. 

After the first TD or after the big completion to Knox...Jay was seen smiling big time walking to Hanie.

Im not saying he isnt a douche sometimes, bu Jay did not not quit on his team. Thats what I believe until proved otherwise, and I love my Bears more than anyone on here.

look...screw the knee injury.

the fact that so many people quickly jumped to that conclusion about the guy says a lot. does that make it right? hell no. if dude is seriously hurt, then fine. it was the right call to sit down.

kev...i see what you're saying. but on the other hand, what's he shown that can make someone think he's mentally strong. body language at THAT position (qb) says a lot. it's probably the biggest leadership position in sports. and after stalled drives, dude grabs a jacket and just sits on the bench staring out on to the field. go talk to your OC, talk to your teammates, go look at a print out of the defense's schemes from the last drive...do something! im not even a bears fan and i get pissed watching him
laugh.gif

bijald0331 wrote:
WHY DIDN'T WILLIS REED PLAY IN G6 OF THE 1970 NBA FINALS? 
nerd.gif

because it wasn't do or die. and i would put money that he was cheering his teammates on and not pouting. not sure how you can defend his body language or demeanor.

if he couldn't play fine. but to say he shouldn't of played because he should be looking out for the rest of his career isn't right
ohwell.gif
that's the main thing i'm arguing

After the first TD or after the big completion to Knox...Jay was seen smiling big time walking to Hanie.

Im not saying he isnt a douche sometimes, bu Jay did not not quit on his team. Thats what I believe until proved otherwise, and I love my Bears more than anyone on here.

players are payed to play. not worry about the rest of their career. he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

i guess Willis Reed and curt shilling should have sat out. just worry about the rest of their careers.
Come on G...I'm not even a fan of Cutler..but did you really try to compare those injuries to a possible torn ligament in the knee?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's hard to make talk straight when your busy with LeBron's balls in your mouth

" NFL players talk about playing hurt as if it's some great attribute. It's not. It's stupidity."

"So deciding to potentially further the damage done and possibly end your career is a good idea?"

great quotes. a bunch of pansies here. same dudes defending chris bosh's gay comments about hustling. i'm sure he would have ended his career by cheering for his teammates and not looking like a girl pouting on the sidelines. like there aren't dozens of players who play through worse stuff through a season.

roll.gif

If I didn't know any better I'd think that you were an owner with a  vested interest.

You're the type of folks that the owners love. Taking this game seriously while working a 30k job and abhorring your own life while they rake in real money. 

I wouldn't give a +@%! if the man flat out quit. Who gives a @$%@? He's being paid millions to play  a game. More props to him, no matter what. 

This isn't Patton quitting on the 7th Army during WW2. It ain't that serious homie. 

Get a life. Lets see you get worked up about things that actually matter. Put all that energy into something productive. 

bijald0331 wrote:
WHY DIDN'T WILLIS REED PLAY IN G6 OF THE 1970 NBA FINALS? 
nerd.gif

because it wasn't do or die. and i would put money that he was cheering his teammates on and not pouting. not sure how you can defend his body language or demeanor.

if he couldn't play fine. but to say he shouldn't of played because he should be looking out for the rest of his career isn't right
ohwell.gif
that's the main thing i'm arguing

So a person's well being isn't the most important thing.....winning is....

Wow u should write a book...smh

So a person's well being isn't the most important thing.....winning is....

Wow u should write a book...smh

Goddamn fans are %*!$!!+ stupid. Don't get it twisted, it's "cool" seeing somebody play with a broken finger (Steven Jackson), but I'm not going to
pile on a guy if he's placing his CAREER above the game at hand. At the end of the day, if Jay Cutler doesn't get another pay check, I'm not affected
at all. I still eat. My day is fine. But Cutler has a family to look after and if he can't perform physically, you think he'll still have a job? Exactly.

Goddamn fans are %*!$!!+ stupid. Don't get it twisted, it's "cool" seeing somebody play with a broken finger (Steven Jackson), but I'm not going to
pile on a guy if he's placing his CAREER above the game at hand. At the end of the day, if Jay Cutler doesn't get another pay check, I'm not affected
at all. I still eat. My day is fine. But Cutler has a family to look after and if he can't perform physically, you think he'll still have a job? Exactly.

So black & white..what happen to having a grey area?
laugh.gif

I wonder how many athletes risked their careers cause of important games and that ++%! backfired...having love and passion for the game is appreciated..doesnt mean you should allow stupidity to affect your future either

laugh.gif

I wonder how many athletes risked their careers cause of important games and that ++%! backfired...having love and passion for the game is appreciated..doesnt mean you should allow stupidity to affect your future either

What difference does it make? The dude was garbage even before he got injured. The Packers completely shut him down the last two games they have played him. The 3rd stringer came in with energy and threw off the Packer defense because they had not studied any film on his tendencies. A lot of people might disagree with me but Hanie gave the Bears the best chance to win today in my opinion. The Packers have Cutler's number.

What difference does it make? The dude was garbage even before he got injured. The Packers completely shut him down the last two games they have played him. The 3rd stringer came in with energy and threw off the Packer defense because they had not studied any film on his tendencies. A lot of people might disagree with me but Hanie gave the Bears the best chance to win today in my opinion. The Packers have Cutler's number.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WHAT. AN. IDIOT.
Way to try and discredit us by saying we're pansies and following up with some unfounded claim on how we "defended" Bosh over some stupid *%@*. The fact is that Cutler has a life - yes, he actually does some things other than football - and to think that he can potentially screw up his knee permanently for the rest of his life just because he wanted to tough it out? Is that really smart? He knew the fine line between being gutsy and being idiotic and he didn't cross it. This is nothing but entertainment, this isn't life or death. It's football for Christ's sakes. It's not that serious. Lay off.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WHAT. AN. IDIOT.
Way to try and discredit us by saying we're pansies and following up with some unfounded claim on how we "defended" Bosh over some stupid *%@*. The fact is that Cutler has a life - yes, he actually does some things other than football - and to think that he can potentially screw up his knee permanently for the rest of his life just because he wanted to tough it out? Is that really smart? He knew the fine line between being gutsy and being idiotic and he didn't cross it. This is nothing but entertainment, this isn't life or death. It's football for Christ's sakes. It's not that serious. Lay off.

laugh.gif

You'd think these tough guys on NT never took a day off from school or work when they had a cold
laugh.gif

I wouldn't jump on the Hanie bandwagon. The coaches dropped the ball in making him the third string QB though

I wouldn't jump on the Hanie bandwagon. The coaches dropped the ball in making him the third string QB though

laugh.gif

You'd think these tough guys on NT never took a day off from school or work when they had a cold
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom