Discrimination on Spiz'ikes, WHY ?!?!?

Originally Posted by CEDavII

imagine if you liked burgers, tacos, fish, orange chicken, pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert.

now those are fine by themselves.

then imagine if a restaurant put ALL that on ONE plate and called it the "Diz'nnert" and charge the same price as a fillet mignon.

thats the best way i can describe the spiz'ike. its not discrimination. its personal opinion. if u like to eat "diz'nnert", go ahead.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

shoe looks thrown together. i think the dub-zero looks a lil better, but both are weaks attempts to make the next hot thing in my opion. and hella over priced

Because they look bad...plain & simple.

imagine if you liked burgers, tacos, fish, orange chicken, pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert.

then imagine if a restaurant put ALL that on ONE plate and called it the "Diz'nnert" and charge the same price as a fillet mignon.

thats the best way i can describe the spiz'ike. its not discrimination. its personal opinion. if u like to eat "diz'nnert", go ahead.
Thats actually a good way of putting it,
laugh.gif

Personally speaking, the VI tongue just annoys me. It reminds me that there hasn't been a GR VI in any colorway for nearly 8 years and that there may neverbe a GR VI ever again.

Most of us like Air Jordans 3, 4 , 5 ,6 and a fair few of us like the 20s.

It doesn't mean we like the shoes mashed together into one.

They're all too different from each other for it ever to be possible to combine them into a shoe that is aesthetically pleasing.

Additionally, for $175 + tax i'd much prefer a shoe with a midsole and outsole design that isn't 20 years old.

JB aren't pushing the envelope in ANY way with items like the Spiz'ikes or the 6 Rings.

They've become bloated, lazy and conceited.

Yo...that's deep.

But I have the White/Cement joints, those are the best ones IMO. I don't hate Spiz'ikes at all, but they don't float my boat for the most part.

Because I simply don't like the way they look. It's a matter of taste and style.

I wonder how many would have bought these shoes had it not been a Nike/Jordan shoe and instead been let's say Reebok or Adidas.

roll.gif
@ "diz'nnert"

i dont like the kings county colorway, and i dont like the black/greenn colorway

i also dont like the price, no "old school" based shoe should cost that much. never.

other then that i think they are alright........but i dont own any.

I Heart Spizikes... I don't know why there is so much hate. But honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. If you can make the shoes look good, and viceversa, people hatin shouldn't be of concern.

There are way too many people on NT that dont like anything Jordan but the sig line and even thats a stretch because they are sayin it is killing it making itrun since jordan isnt even in the league no more..
When was the last time you saw a business just out to profit???? Their always out to MAXIMIZE profits, and they way JB is doing that is by creating stuff that people buy and all of their *!#% sells a lot.
People dont like it because they are so called ruining "classics" w..t...f.. are people thinking?? Its not like they deleted the classics, theclassics are still there and will remain classics but y not inspire from them if they were such a success the first time around??
Bottom line is i dont think they are ruining classics, they added to it.
Im not going to front either and jock every product they put out there... but you have to admit when something is fresh and when its not, give respect whenrespect is due, and the fact is true blues and cements and red/grey online release are fresh color ways... as far as the others i can see why people wouldthink the shoe is too crowded and too much going on.

Edit: I agree, they are way over priced... which is the reason i dont own any, but im not going to lie when i say i dont like them because some of them aresick.

i just dont like the look of them, thats why i hate on them, in my own personal opinion, i think theyre ugly, there are some hot colorways, but thats it justthe colorway, not the shoe

I don't like them....but it doesn't bother me that they exist or that people wear them. I'm buying what I like and you should do the same.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

I don't like them....but it doesn't bother me that they exist or that people wear them. I'm buying what I like and you should do the same.

Exactly. It's all opinion when it comes down to it. Some people can't wait for the 11/12 package to release, others say that black/red 11'sare garbage and will pass.

Great analogy! LMAO at "Diz'nnert"!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I love the Spiz'ikes! I don't get why ppl are stubborn/biased on the belief that JB should only put out numbered Jordans. Let's be honest here.Everything changes with time, and as time progresses, companies/bands/products need to change as well, if they wish to remain profitable. I don't know ifanyone remembers having business meetings before email technology, but now all ppl do is email. Time changes, so do business strategies.

CHANGE! All the Bands do it (Metallica for example) to stay in the limelight. It's either that or doing reality shows (aka Flavor of Love/Rock of Love).Who would know Flavor Flav now out of the young kids growing up? Who would know Brett Michaels? Who would have know they were in music groups such as PublicEnemy and Poison, respectively?

Does anyone know where Boyz II Men are now? What about Bell Biv Devoe (sp?)? Suge Knight.....yeah, well he's coming back with his own rapper reality showto put himself back on the map, which he will successfully accomplish. I WILL watch for one.

The point is this: Companies/bands/products need to keep re-inventing themselves if they want to continue their legacy. You have to try and "test"the market with various products. JB KNOWS that adults of today are not going to continuously keep buying their retro shoes in their late 30s, 40s, etc....Eventually, the whole numbered Jordan thing will get played out. JB knows that. So how do you turn the "next" generation onto their product? Youinvent different combos (aka Fusions, Spiz'ikes, Dub-Zeros), you create different colorways, you get them hyped up, you have celebrities rock them (such asFat Joe wearing Fusions)......all this and more.

All in all, the Spiz'ikes were and ARE an extremely successful release. That shoe is old school/new school mixed together, which makes them different butyet similar. As long as the colorways are decent or somewhat "rockable", they will continuously be bought in large numbers.

A Frankenstein design to many good designs doesn't appeal to me.
And the price doesn't do any justice for the shoe either.

In fact now that I think about it... Do you realize the Spizikes are only $10 less than the 23's
smh.gif
moz-screenshot-20.jpg

No justice at all...

They are botching multiple classic shoes all in one release...It's is very sad to see the direction JB is going

I dont care what anyone things out here I like the dub zeros and spzikes very much.

Infact the spzikes have become one of my top jordans next to the 3's 4's 11's and 13's

i don't like much of what JB (BJ backwards) do, but i do like the dizznert (
happy.gif
) shoes thus far. I love my cements but would have preferred OG limitedreleases (no chance here in aus) and i sometimes rock my white black blue dubs too.

heck i even doctored up a pair of black cat spiz'akes (with white laces) for beating at outdoor dance events.
happy.gif
:D

i don't know about the 6 rings thing yet. that catalogue image doesn't look that great.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

because they're ugly...

So if Niketalk predominantly feels that way, would I be a hypebeast if I got them? Or would I seem more like a stand-out individual with individual tastes?It's comments like these that are biased and opinionated. One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom