Discrimination on Spiz'ikes, WHY ?!?!?

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

because they're ugly...

So if Niketalk predominantly feels that way, would I be a hypebeast if I got them? Or would I seem more like a stand-out individual with individual tastes? It's comments like these that are biased and opinionated. One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

Maybe because it's his opinion.

BTW, they are trash especially for that price.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

What was the thought process on these? JB has no innovation any more if all they can think of is take the top 4 0r 5 Jordan models and just throw them together.

What if GM just took parts from the CTS, Corvette, XLR and other high end models and just threw them together?

forreal..............the shoe is juss foolish looking. nothing can save that.
tired.gif

only pair i got is the cement spizikes all other's one's are str8 eeww status...but i might be scoring the CG one's as well..we'll see..

they're not that good looking to begin with. then when the retail price is set at $175 and that makes them even uglier.

just imagine all the other shoes you can buy with $175.

Some colors are good looking, some are destroying the brand.

Perhaps it's because the shoes are tributes to Spike Lee, not so much on the Michael Jordan himself.

Originally Posted by indohan

Perhaps it's because the shoes are tributes to Spike Lee, not so much on the Michael Jordan himself.

yea.. did spike lee like all of those retros and made em in one shoe?
ohwell.gif

The Spiz'ikes are hot - i have the true blues, white/red exclusives, kings county (2 pair), and the white/cements. With the exception of the white/redexclusives and maybe the true blues, none of them look that hot in either the pictures or even up close (in your hand). HOWEVER, when you put those joints onwith your jeans, it's INSANE. A lot of the people commenting are forgetting the basic fact that the shoe is a tribute to Spike Lee's contribution tothe Jordan Brand/NIKE - the shoes that make up the Spiz'ike were part of the commercials he directed. Additionally, the shoe was a quick way to donatemoney to Morehouse College, Spike's alma mater. I understand that there are purists out there, but they need to let some of this hate go. I wonder did theyspit this much venom when the Burgundy V's released (and some of these other offbrand LS colors)?

"Say What! You have one shoe that combines the best elements of 4 of my favorite shoes! Sold!!!!!!" EDIT: I should have said that differently - Spikewent to Mike and said "Mike, I need some doe for Morehouse." Mike went to Nike and said "Nike, I need some doe for Spike." And the rest ishistory!

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

ohwell.gif
^^He directed the commercials for those J's.

I will agree that they are overpriced (not by much compared to other Jordans); however, even the GREAT sneakerhead guru "Bobbito Garcia" named theJordan Cement Spiz'ikes one of the top 10 shoes of 2007! I don't believe no other Jordan release made the list last year except that one.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

because they're ugly...

So if Niketalk predominantly feels that way, would I be a hypebeast if I got them? Or would I seem more like a stand-out individual with individual tastes? It's comments like these that are biased and opinionated. One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

Biased and opinionated!? Absolutely! But then again the question was mainly directed at the people who did not find them nice looking which would be aperson like me. I didn't start the topic thread but since the question was asked I gave my opinion. It's my prerogative though to think the way I doabout them and if you so happen to like them that is your prerogative and it shouldn't matter to you what everyone else is saying or thinks.

I will agree that they are overpriced (not by much compared to other Jordans); however, even the GREAT sneakerhead guru "Bobbito Garcia" named the Jordan Cement Spiz'ikes one of the top 10 shoes of 2007! I don't believe no other Jordan release made the list last year except that one.
Bobbito Garcia is a very well respected sneaker connoiseur but just because he has a wealth of sneaker knowledge doesn't mean that every sneaker hedeems " top 10" of any year is a shoe that everyone else has to like or likes. He has his own opinion and that's great....but c'mon man, thatis his list and obviously does not reflect everyone's views no matter how much reverance he has in the sneaker culture.

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

ohwell.gif
Spiz'ikes = Combination of III-VI.
Mr. Lee directed the commercial and appeared on each.

It would be extremely interesting to me to see and poll which age level demographic like the newer shoes such as the Fusions/Spiz'ikes/Dub-zeros as well asthe bright, funky colorways. It seems the "older" generation like the OG colorways/models and the newer generation like newer models/colorways. Ithink these Spiz'ikes fall right into that categorical question.

I can name countless college kids that love these shoes and nobody that hates them, at least to my knowledge.

Ultimately, it is a matter of to each his own. Jordan Brand can't satisfy all the people all the time, but can satisfy some of the people some of the time.Same with every business venture. As others said, there are plenty of purists that think JB should stick to the I-XXIII and nothing else. But then itwouldn't be a brand. If you look at the early Nikes, they were always building on the prior design. It wasn't until the 90's that they startedchanging things up. I'm sure the same debate raged with the AMs and visible air.

At the end of the day, if you care what other people think about your kicks, enjoy being a hypebeast. I get what I want and wear when I want to. I have thetrue blues and think they are some of the coolest kicks I own. I'm looking into getting Kings County. I originally thought Kings County were just
sick.gif
, butthen I saw some dude wearing them and my opinion changed to
pimp.gif
. It is a matter of perspective.

they are disgustingly ugly. not to mention they are called "Spizikes". ..In general I just notice a lot of opinion questions on this site. Like whydoes everyone want to know what other people think about shoes? if you like em, you rock em. wasn't that always the rule?

I think the Spiz'ikes are hot! It's all personal opinions, but I could care less what people think. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom