Discrimination on Spiz'ikes, WHY ?!?!?

the reason i do not like the spizikes is they look so disjointed. the pieces do not belong together it really looks like somebody just chopped off the top of a5 and sewed it to the bottom of a 3 then tore off some 4 wings etc. There is a difference between that and having "inspiration" from the older shoes.For example the 5.5 and 9.5 shoes have obvious inspirations but they do not look exactly like the shoes they are based off of, they are similar and I think puttogether in a way that makes sense and looks like one shoe, not lots of disjointed pieces. I like the 9.5 and 5.5 and other team jordans as well that haveinspiration, but the spizikes are not among them.

Originally Posted by SHORTYtwo3

They just look hideous. The lines don't flow. It's an injustice to 4 classic Jordan's. They should have made a new show with hints and inspirations from them instead of that Frankenstein creation.

its an injustice to MORE THAN 4 classic jordans... theres III, IV, V, VI, IX, and i may be missing 1 or 2 more

i like them but most people just hate on the new stuff and love the old even though alot of this board was too young to appreciate the old stuff when it wasnew

...because spizikes aren't REAL numbered jordans and many "purists" hate it. Personally, you don't have to be affected by the opinions ofothers. If you want em, then buy em.

IMO I think they clean just the DTRT ones are kinda
sick.gif

Except for the true blues and the dtrt's, Spiz'ikes are probably my favorite Jordan out of the numbered ones. Funny thing is, first time I saw them, Iwas 100% sure they were fake
laugh.gif
. I need me the black, green and red ones.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by SHORTYtwo3

They just look hideous. The lines don't flow. It's an injustice to 4 classic Jordan's. They should have made a new show with hints and inspirations from them instead of that Frankenstein creation.

its an injustice to MORE THAN 4 classic jordans... theres III, IV, V, VI, IX, and i may be missing 1 or 2 more

there's no IX in the spiz'ike

My favorite are the original release...
305062820.jpg

258276429.jpg

Picked-up the Blk/Red/Green & True Blues... Passed on the later colorways though...

I love my spizikes.
I got all except the
two extremely limited.
They look good to me, just
i fine it hard to rock a clean fit
with them to me.

IMO Kings Countys and True Blues are pure CRACK! but the price is a grip...but if anyone can find a pic of Fat Joe's coat for the 1st colorway of thesneaker they would grow on them a little bit...

IMO Kings Countys and True Blues are pure CRACK! but the price is a grip...but if anyone can find a pic of Fat Joe's coat for the 1st colorway of thesneaker the spizike would grow on them a little bit...

They are simply not a good looking or well designed shoe. Too many pieces on the upper that don't have any relation to one another aside from the fact thatthey were on a Jordan shoe

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

CEDavII wrote:

imagine if you liked burgers, tacos, fish, orange chicken, pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert.

now those are fine by themselves.

then imagine if a restaurant put ALL that on ONE plate and called it the "Diz'nnert" and charge the same price as a fillet mignon.

thats the best way i can describe the spiz'ike. its not discrimination. its personal opinion. if u like to eat "diz'nnert", go ahead.

Great analogy! LMAO at "Diz'nnert"!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I love the Spiz'ikes! I don't get why ppl are stubborn/biased on the belief that JB should only put out numbered Jordans. Let's be honest here.
Everything changes with time, and as time progresses, companies/bands/products need to change as well, if they wish to remain profitable. I don't know if
anyone remembers having business meetings before email technology, but now all ppl do is email. Time changes, so do business strategies.

CHANGE! All the Bands do it (Metallica for example) to stay in the limelight. It's either that or doing reality shows (aka Flavor of Love/Rock of Love).
Who would know Flavor Flav now out of the young kids growing up? Who would know Brett Michaels? Who would have know they were in music groups such as Public
Enemy and Poison, respectively?

Does anyone know where Boyz II Men are now? What about Bell Biv Devoe (sp?)? Suge Knight.....yeah, well he's coming back with his own rapper reality show
to put himself back on the map, which he will successfully accomplish. I WILL watch for one.

The point is this: Companies/bands/products need to keep re-inventing themselves if they want to continue their legacy. You have to try and "test"
the market with various products. JB KNOWS that adults of today are not going to continuously keep buying their retro shoes in their late 30s, 40s, etc....
Eventually, the whole numbered Jordan thing will get played out. JB knows that. So how do you turn the "next" generation onto their product? You
invent different combos (aka Fusions, Spiz'ikes, Dub-Zeros), you create different colorways, you get them hyped up, you have celebrities rock them (such as
Fat Joe wearing Fusions)......all this and more.

All in all, the Spiz'ikes were and ARE an extremely successful release. That shoe is old school/new school mixed together, which makes them different but
yet similar. As long as the colorways are decent or somewhat "rockable", they will continuously be bought in large numbers.

very well said.

Some of the colorways are hideous - no lie.

But how could you deny the White/Cement Spizzies ....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom