Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I open doors for all women. It's chivalrous and respectful.

For real. Mom raised me right.
smile.gif

I'm actually suprised to see so many people that say that they don't do it...

smile.gif

LOL let me get this straight.. you fools.. you would open your car door then sprint around to the next side and open her door...when she could open it herself and save time and energy?

LOL let me get this straight.. you fools.. you would open your car door then sprint around to the next side and open her door...when she could open it herself and save time and energy?

what the hell? average women wait like 30secs for you to get out the car walk to their side and open it?
laugh.gif

unless im in a limo or in the back seat of a phantom im waiting for someone to open my door
by the time i get out they get out on their own already

what the hell? average women wait like 30secs for you to get out the car walk to their side and open it?
laugh.gif

unless im in a limo or in the back seat of a phantom im waiting for someone to open my door
by the time i get out they get out on their own already

Originally Posted by NCTwin

smile.gif

So for us that do not do so, that means that our Mothers didn't? 
grin.gif

I've witness my Mother, as a single Mother, open hundreds of door's on her own (metaphorically, and literally). I fail to see how one is right or wrong in this situation, help me understand.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

smile.gif

So for us that do not do so, that means that our Mothers didn't? 
grin.gif

I've witness my Mother, as a single Mother, open hundreds of door's on her own (metaphorically, and literally). I fail to see how one is right or wrong in this situation, help me understand.

I do it as an OBVIOUS joke at times. Never serious. It usually ends up as a laugh.

Just say something corny like, "For you my dear." And tip my "hat."

But again, both parties know it is a joke.

That way I am doing it (physically) but they know I am not really doing it, so they won't think I am rolling out the red carpet.

I do it as an OBVIOUS joke at times. Never serious. It usually ends up as a laugh.

Just say something corny like, "For you my dear." And tip my "hat."

But again, both parties know it is a joke.

That way I am doing it (physically) but they know I am not really doing it, so they won't think I am rolling out the red carpet.

My mother is also a single mother(and has been my whole life), so your point is...??

Chill out. I've been told by numerous ladies (both old and young) that Mom raised me right. I just put it up there because I know I wasn't the only one told that.

To you, there may not be a right or wrong in this situation, but personally I don't see the problem with doing it. You're a grown man, do whatever you want. I'll continue to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom