Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.
Well said Brother
pimp.gif

@ Cam, like I said, I understand where you are coming from but people naturally get lazy as time goes on. If I had a daughter, I would probably set the rules up just like you. But being the dude amd having to go through that nonsense, I just don't feel like it honestly. Just get in the damn car so we can go. That is how I feel.
This, I'm a nice guy, and a gentlemen, but I've never opened a car door for a woman.

You miss understood I dont really believe in that, I think it is stupid to judge one mans way of going at women based on that standard but I dont think opening doors is necessary in being chivalrous.

DutchMasterRoller wrote:
My reason for not doing it has already been clearly stated but to address Cameron Nelson's "a female is a female" comment I do agree that gender rolls are important and chivalry is of the upmost importance I think the way you portray chivalry has just changed doing things like that to some girls is too much so just listening to her and other little things are the new way. Opening door although I dont do all that alpha/ simp #@#% is just too much.

But I agree with DC I may make a joke about it because it never seemed to really be necessary, always been stupid

now it chivalrous to just listen?
laugh.gif

DutchMasterRoller wrote:
My reason for not doing it has already been clearly stated but to address Cameron Nelson's "a female is a female" comment I do agree that gender rolls are important and chivalry is of the upmost importance I think the way you portray chivalry has just changed doing things like that to some girls is too much so just listening to her and other little things are the new way. Opening door although I dont do all that alpha/ simp #@#% is just too much.

But I agree with DC I may make a joke about it because it never seemed to really be necessary, always been stupid

now it chivalrous to just listen?
laugh.gif

You also have to understand that society is changing, in relationships women dont do "women" things anymore and men dont do "normal men" things anymore, its just how things are.

You also have to understand that society is changing, in relationships women dont do "women" things anymore and men dont do "normal men" things anymore, its just how things are.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.

Man, times like this make me glad I'm married.....

If you don't mind me asking....what are their ages?
np, they are 24, 23, and 21.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.

Man, times like this make me glad I'm married.....

If you don't mind me asking....what are their ages?
np, they are 24, 23, and 21.

Originally Posted by DutchMasterRoller

qft
we are not the same anymore. We have really morphed into something else. As far as role reversal I think that switch occured a long time ago. 

keep the doors locked, unlock her door, as you walk across your vehicle, find out if she unlocked your side for you

pimp.gif

keep the doors locked, unlock her door, as you walk across your vehicle, find out if she unlocked your side for you

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DutchMasterRoller

qft
we are not the same anymore. We have really morphed into something else. As far as role reversal I think that switch occured a long time ago. 

Originally Posted by wanksta23

pimp.gif

Bronx Tale trick doesnt work with cars with auto locks

Originally Posted by wanksta23

pimp.gif

Bronx Tale trick doesnt work with cars with auto locks

The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.
Well said Brother
pimp.gif

@ Cam, like I said, I understand where you are coming from but people naturally get lazy as time goes on. If I had a daughter, I would probably set the rules up just like you. But being the dude amd having to go through that nonsense, I just don't feel like it honestly. Just get in the damn car so we can go. That is how I feel.
laugh.gif
Trust me, I understand where you're comin from....

In regards to the previous comment, how can you do all THAT....and not open a damn door?! You'll sit there & listen to her run her mouth about absolutely NOTHING, but not take 15 sec.& open a door?!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I just don't see the point of getting out the car, walking around the car, opening her door, waiting for her get in, closing the door & walking back around the car when she has two fully functioning hands.

Well said Brother
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Trust me, I understand where you're comin from....

In regards to the previous comment, how can you do all THAT....and not open a damn door?! You'll sit there & listen to her run her mouth about absolutely NOTHING, but not take 15 sec.& open a door?!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I just don't see the point of getting out the car, walking around the car, opening her door, waiting for her get in, closing the door & walking back around the car when she has two fully functioning hands.

Nah I don't. Not that I wouldn't do it. It has just never been something that I have thought about doing.

Nah I don't. Not that I wouldn't do it. It has just never been something that I have thought about doing.

why would i get out the car, walk all the way around and open her door when she can easily open her own door and be out of the car. It seems like way too much effort for very little return. I'm not gonna make you pick up the 78 pack of deer park water from costco, or the 25 bags of mulch from home depot but i'm positive you can get the door yourself.

why would i get out the car, walk all the way around and open her door when she can easily open her own door and be out of the car. It seems like way too much effort for very little return. I'm not gonna make you pick up the 78 pack of deer park water from costco, or the 25 bags of mulch from home depot but i'm positive you can get the door yourself.

BK201 wrote:
Wr wrote:

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Yo you're avy is legit.
Why is it cut off before he shoots though?
That's like the best part.
laugh.gif

Preciate it.  I'm going to fix it because I think the same thing. I like the anticipation though .looking at it expecting it to happen but id doesn't
laugh.gif
 I like how he knocks the light out like a baseball though
As far as opening the door, I was referring to building doors. Depends on who the female is, how i feel about her and I don't do it all the time.

BK201 wrote:
Wr wrote:

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Yo you're avy is legit.
Why is it cut off before he shoots though?
That's like the best part.
laugh.gif

Preciate it.  I'm going to fix it because I think the same thing. I like the anticipation though .looking at it expecting it to happen but id doesn't
laugh.gif
 I like how he knocks the light out like a baseball though
As far as opening the door, I was referring to building doors. Depends on who the female is, how i feel about her and I don't do it all the time.

Auto locks changed the game, though. Back in the day, you had to reach over to unlock the passenger door anyway, so you miight as well open her door. Nowadays, it seems pointless.

Auto locks changed the game, though. Back in the day, you had to reach over to unlock the passenger door anyway, so you miight as well open her door. Nowadays, it seems pointless.

It's such an easy task that requires minimal effort. But it goes a long way in the mind of a woman. The gesture speaks louder than words and it'll definitely pay off in the end.

Back
Top Bottom