DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Me and the wife going to book our 5 day Disney World trip this week. I got a 6 and 3 year old. Is anyone familiar with those all star resorts. Look like they’re the cheaper option, but are they really bad?

Depends on what you’re looking for. If you simply want a place on-site to lay your head, you should be good. If you want space to spread out and relax and more amenities, look elsewhere. For what it’s worth though, one of them is under renovation and the new rooms look really, really good (and clean!!). Maybe browse the disboard forums to find out which resort has the updated rooms.

After booking at several DW resorts, I finally said the hell with Disney and booked 7 nights in a deluxe suite at the Waldorf Astoria (inside the Disney gates) for less than all of those places, INCLUDING 5-day base tickets. If you have a Costco membership and are open to staying in a non-Disney hotel, check out costcotravel.com for some decent package deals. Kinda stinks to not be in the Disney bubble, but I’m also thinking it may be a good thing. Not sure I could handle Disney everything for 7 days straight. :lol:

Top Five Reasons to Get Tickets Now for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, January 18 at Disneyland Park

The new Disneyland After Dark event series kicks off next week with Throwback Nite! A limited amount of tickets remain for this first after-hours event, so here are the top 5 reasons you need to get yours now!

1. Mood-Setting Music – You can’t fully experience yesteryear without the sounds that filled the air, and Throwback Nite will surround you with the tunes of this magical time.

• Main Street, U.S.A. – As soon as you enter, you will be met by the dulcet tones of the Four Seasons, as a tribute band performs live at the Main Street Station.
  • Central Plaza – A live “on location” radio DJ provides the music you will hear throughout the park, and she will even take your song requests and dedications!
  • “it’s a small world” – A live swing and jazz band will lead an energetic dance party where guests of all ages will be invited to dance to the classic tunes of era.
  • Mark Twain Riverboat – Those looking for a more relaxing mood can board the Mark Twain Riverboat for a musical trip around the Rivers of America. A small piano and solo singer provide the intimate soundtrack, serenading guests with the hits of the era’s crooners like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Passengers are, of course, invited to grab their sweetheart, step out onto the deck and sway the night away under the stars.
  • Throwback Nite Spotify Playlist – Step back in time and visit the classic past of Disneyland with this Disneyland After Dark – Throwback Nite event-inspired playlist. These hand-selected songs will take you on a trip down memory lane to the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s.
2. Special Food and Beverage – Snack like it’s 1955 with these special menu items throughout Disneyland park.

• Stage Door Café: Golden-fried pepper jack mac & cheese bites topped with Walt’s Chili
  • Bengal Barbecue: Kalua Pork – Brined and shredded pork over ginger-lemongrass jasmine rice with spicy hoisin sauce and pineapple salsa
  • Royal Street Veranda: Chicken Pot Pie in a Bread Bowl – Hearty, creamy soup with tender chunks of chicken and vegetables in a sourdough bread bowl
  • Mint Julep Bar: Dreamsicle Mickey Beignets – Beignets coated in orange creamsicle glitter sugar
  • Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor: Hot Fudge Cake Sundae – Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between devil’s food cake, covered in hot fudge and garnished with whipped cream and a cherry

3. Commemorative Event Merchandise – Available only during Disneyland After Dark! Tees, ornament and tumbler will be available at Le Petit Chalet in Fantasyland and Disney Showcase on Main Street, U.S.A.

4. Retro-Inspired Fashion – Show off your spiffy duds and come dressed to impress!

5. Limited Availability – Don’t miss your chance to be part of this special event! Did I mention a limited amount of tickets remain?

also the new Pixar Pier logo got taken down

Pixar-Pier-LogoMiceChat-Disneyland-01-610x813.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-01-15-at-12.27.14-AM-610x670.png

and looks like Splitsvilles about to open sooner than later

Disneyland future expansion?

GardenWalk Up For Sale . . . AGAIN!

Normally we don’t give too much attention to the shops outside of the Disneyland Resort . . . but this is really important news. The biggest plot of land standing between the Disneyland Resort and it’s expansion areas (the failed Eastern Gateway and the future 3rd park/Toy Story Lot) is the troubled GardenWalk mall. A decade after its opening, the mall is still a ghost town with what feels like mostly empty storefronts. If Disney can obtain this mall, they’ll be able to link all of those properties to the rest of the resort for future expansion. Failure for Disney to take control of this property would pose a significant challenge to future resort expansion and dreams for a 3rd park.

The areas in blue on the map below constitute the land Disney currently owns. The Red is GardenWalk. There’s a spur near the top of the blue circle, the old Carousel Inn, which Disney purchased to connect a skybridge to the Disneyland Esplanade (a project now canceled even though Disney owns the land). You can quickly see why the GardenWalk property is so important to the future of the Disneyland Resort.

GardenWalk-Disneyland-Map-MiceChat-601x1024.jpg

Top Five Reasons to Get Tickets Now for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, January 18 at Disneyland Park

The new Disneyland After Dark event series kicks off next week with Throwback Nite! A limited amount of tickets remain for this first after-hours event, so here are the top 5 reasons you need to get yours now!

1. Mood-Setting Music – You can’t fully experience yesteryear without the sounds that filled the air, and Throwback Nite will surround you with the tunes of this magical time.

• Main Street, U.S.A. – As soon as you enter, you will be met by the dulcet tones of the Four Seasons, as a tribute band performs live at the Main Street Station.
  • Central Plaza – A live “on location” radio DJ provides the music you will hear throughout the park, and she will even take your song requests and dedications!
  • “it’s a small world” – A live swing and jazz band will lead an energetic dance party where guests of all ages will be invited to dance to the classic tunes of era.
  • Mark Twain Riverboat – Those looking for a more relaxing mood can board the Mark Twain Riverboat for a musical trip around the Rivers of America. A small piano and solo singer provide the intimate soundtrack, serenading guests with the hits of the era’s crooners like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Passengers are, of course, invited to grab their sweetheart, step out onto the deck and sway the night away under the stars.
  • Throwback Nite Spotify Playlist – Step back in time and visit the classic past of Disneyland with this Disneyland After Dark – Throwback Nite event-inspired playlist. These hand-selected songs will take you on a trip down memory lane to the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s.
2. Special Food and Beverage – Snack like it’s 1955 with these special menu items throughout Disneyland park.

• Stage Door Café: Golden-fried pepper jack mac & cheese bites topped with Walt’s Chili
  • Bengal Barbecue: Kalua Pork – Brined and shredded pork over ginger-lemongrass jasmine rice with spicy hoisin sauce and pineapple salsa
  • Royal Street Veranda: Chicken Pot Pie in a Bread Bowl – Hearty, creamy soup with tender chunks of chicken and vegetables in a sourdough bread bowl
  • Mint Julep Bar: Dreamsicle Mickey Beignets – Beignets coated in orange creamsicle glitter sugar
  • Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor: Hot Fudge Cake Sundae – Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between devil’s food cake, covered in hot fudge and garnished with whipped cream and a cherry

3. Commemorative Event Merchandise – Available only during Disneyland After Dark! Tees, ornament and tumbler will be available at Le Petit Chalet in Fantasyland and Disney Showcase on Main Street, U.S.A.

4. Retro-Inspired Fashion – Show off your spiffy duds and come dressed to impress!

5. Limited Availability – Don’t miss your chance to be part of this special event! Did I mention a limited amount of tickets remain?

Can we start posting the sources?

Man if they get that garden walk I can see them adding another land there for sure. I’d love to see some more attractions especially as a pass holder I could spend a day there when it opens.

Was there yesterday and with all the refurbishments going on I’m glad I have a pass. Seeing half the parked closed down and no fireworks show kind of sucked. Though the crowd felt pretty small especially for a holiday. I’m glad they’re adding shade to the dumbo line, waiting in that line during the heat was terrible.

they just need to renovate about half of DCA and do it quick before Star Ward Galaxys Edge opens up

Carsland and the Piers could get crowded along with GotG ride being next to the Frozen show but that lot by the Monsters Inc ride and theater (which should have a showing all the time since it's just trailers of upcoming films, hell play the Black Panther and Avengers trailer non-stop for gods sake) are all wasted space along with the dated Bugs Life Land

not even sure if that hiking like section by Grizzly River get busy, feels like a waste too and maybe even out of place especially now that they aren't even following the California theme anymore, even the Soarin ride isn't even strictly California anymore and it's just called Soarin' now (with "around the world" as a subtitle) :lol:

^^^

I was thinking about that hiking area last time we were at DCA...Doesn’t seem like it’s ever crowded...Plus for people who’ve actually done rope courses and stuff it’s fairly tame...Not sure what the draw is anymore since, as you said, they’re moving away from the overall California theme of the park...

The redwood part is for kids. My daughters love it there and everything is for the kids. It's a great place to let them run around and burn energy before nappy nap time.

Ya redwoods has to stay because it gives us parents a break, kids can run around and get tired. Plus they use it for Christmas santa pics now. They had a good set up just took to long to take a damn pic. The lot next to monsters is just wasted space besides the bar there. They gotta add a ride there since it looks like they have room.

The dance party was nice, my kids and I get down. But yeah,it seems like open space they had and don't know what to do with it, so they don't do anything. That squishy floor in the back of redwoods is a nice place to take a load off and chill while the kids nearly kill themselves on the concrete bears.

Money looking funny this month
I really wanted to go to the after dark thing
Hell I haven’t been to Disneyland
Since first week of dec :smh:
Having withdrawals :lol:

Duuudddeee, I haven't been since thanksgiving, I feel you on that. We usually hang out at our ski resort during the winter, so it's usually busy for us during these months. But it's dry as a bone up here, and we're waiting for snow. And I wanna go to Disneyland!

Duuudddeee, I haven't been since thanksgiving, I feel you on that. We usually hang out at our ski resort during the winter, so it's usually busy for us during these months. But it's dry as a bone up here, and we're waiting for snow. And I wanna go to Disneyland!
Ski resort? Take me snowboarding, I’ve never been.

It's addicting feeling the flow beneath your feet, the wind rushing by, getting into a groove where your just rocking back and forth and flying. Your ever up my way, holler. I'm about 2 to 3 hours east of Oakland. Dodge Ridge represent! It can hurt, though. Start during fresh snow.

Ya so cal doesn’t have much snow right now. I missed my chance last year when we had crazy snow.

They started creeping in on the backside by tower of terror. If you go to the side where the trolley stops, there's a little manhole cover that was supposed to be a hint.

Back
Top Bottom