Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I sold about 90 pairs on eBay last year. The only way for mento come out ahead was to charge $1 for the BIN then actual price i want in shipping. I sold my first 10 pairs normally, and at the end of the day, after their fees, I lost my !%*.
I had no other choice. I wasn't about to sell on NT that's for sure. Get lowballed to death.

eBay doesn't allow that anymore.

ebay = a joke

i do the $1 buy it now with really high shipping costs so i don't get hit with the fees but since ebay is shutting that down in 9 days, i edited all my auctions to say "As of April 19th 2011 due to ebay and paypal double dipping on unreasonable fees, I will be raising the price of this item by 15% as ebays new fee setup takes place"

ebay = a joke

i do the $1 buy it now with really high shipping costs so i don't get hit with the fees but since ebay is shutting that down in 9 days, i edited all my auctions to say "As of April 19th 2011 due to ebay and paypal double dipping on unreasonable fees, I will be raising the price of this item by 15% as ebays new fee setup takes place"

It's a lose-lose for the buyers and sellers it seems.  I see pairs that I'm interested in that sellers have literally had up, no joke, at least a year and a half to 2 years cause they figure they have to jack the price up crazy to make a profit.  It works when they get that sucker with money to blow/hypebeast/ or just uneducated but when you got prices like $600 for CDP XIs or $400 for Eggplants, you're just wasting everyone's time with that listing bro.

Tried to put up a pair of CG XIs on ebay, looked at the Final Value, Listing and Paypal Fees for what I had a very reasonable price (steal actually) and I would've been better off getting lowballed on NT.  (Tried to sell some worn 1X Cement 3s for $135 - dude offered $90...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
)

It's a lose-lose for the buyers and sellers it seems.  I see pairs that I'm interested in that sellers have literally had up, no joke, at least a year and a half to 2 years cause they figure they have to jack the price up crazy to make a profit.  It works when they get that sucker with money to blow/hypebeast/ or just uneducated but when you got prices like $600 for CDP XIs or $400 for Eggplants, you're just wasting everyone's time with that listing bro.

Tried to put up a pair of CG XIs on ebay, looked at the Final Value, Listing and Paypal Fees for what I had a very reasonable price (steal actually) and I would've been better off getting lowballed on NT.  (Tried to sell some worn 1X Cement 3s for $135 - dude offered $90...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
)

i sell on ebay.. fees are rediculous but i havnt found a better way to sell. sometimes i sell to people who dont even uss nt iss ect

i sell on ebay.. fees are rediculous but i havnt found a better way to sell. sometimes i sell to people who dont even uss nt iss ect

Originally Posted by d e beatup

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
)

to me i sell and buy alot on ebay, and it just isn't what it once was for me either way.

selling wise, i don't even bother with doing auctions anymore.  i'd say 1 in every 5 winning bidders  is either a deadbeat, or takes way to long to pay, so i just do buy it now auctions with immediate payment required.  if the item sells  cool, if it doesn't it eventually will.

buying wise,  more and more sellers are doing what i'm doing and it eliminates the chance of getting steals because due to fees and the fact ebay doesn't do anything to deadbeat bidders, you see way less actual auctions up anymore.

come april 19th  i expect alot of sellers to be raising prices to cover the fees, and less actual auctions then their are now.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
)

to me i sell and buy alot on ebay, and it just isn't what it once was for me either way.

selling wise, i don't even bother with doing auctions anymore.  i'd say 1 in every 5 winning bidders  is either a deadbeat, or takes way to long to pay, so i just do buy it now auctions with immediate payment required.  if the item sells  cool, if it doesn't it eventually will.

buying wise,  more and more sellers are doing what i'm doing and it eliminates the chance of getting steals because due to fees and the fact ebay doesn't do anything to deadbeat bidders, you see way less actual auctions up anymore.

come april 19th  i expect alot of sellers to be raising prices to cover the fees, and less actual auctions then their are now.

I sell a lot on eBay... But I avoid fees as much as possible.

If I receive an offer on an item, I email the buyer and tell them to offer $1 and then I will accept and send them the invoice for the real total.

Helps me save on eBay fees, but I still get hit with the Paypal fees.

Oh well.

If I receive an offer on an item, I email the buyer and tell them to offer $1 and then I will accept and send them the invoice for the real total.

Oh well.

SMH I want to get rid of a few pairs starting next month and was gonna use ebay but this thread has me a bit discouraged now. Sold a few things on there before with no problem but that was years ago.

SMH I want to get rid of a few pairs starting next month and was gonna use ebay but this thread has me a bit discouraged now. Sold a few things on there before with no problem but that was years ago.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Oh well.
Yes, that is a good idea. I have done that in the past as well. I wouldn't be surprised though if Ebay/Paypal made you send the invoice for the actual sale of the auction. 
So, how do you set up your auctions? Is it a buy it now with the option of taking offers?

I just don't understand why ebay wants to hurt sellers???

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Oh well.
Yes, that is a good idea. I have done that in the past as well. I wouldn't be surprised though if Ebay/Paypal made you send the invoice for the actual sale of the auction. 
So, how do you set up your auctions? Is it a buy it now with the option of taking offers?

I just don't understand why ebay wants to hurt sellers???

Back
Top Bottom