Do rappers recycle their own lyrics?

What you mean when they spit a "freestyle" and then you hear it on their album or something like them spitting a verse from their first album ontheir 5th album?
laugh.gif

Rappers do the former all the time.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

What you mean when they spit a "freestyle" and then you hear it on their album or something like them spitting a verse from their first album on their 5th album?
laugh.gif

Rappers do the former all the time.

Almost all of Biggie songs were freestyles that turned into songs.. Even Bigs last "freestyle" on a LA radio station was an entire song on Life AfterDeath.

Mobb has done this a few times. I swear P's verse on ACD's "Street Life" is on like 3 other songs. Not to mention a bunch of they'reunreleased @#@* ended up on "The Infamous".

Papoose dose it alot when he freestyles, it dosent really bother me unless I pay for it.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

I mean they use the same lines from their old songs on their new songs
nerd.gif
Damn that's even lamer than the "freestyle" ending up on ya album. I haven't come across a lot of this or maybe I haven'tnoticed.

I don't care if it's unreleased songs tho. NaS got a couple those too.

YES i heard recycled rhymes or punchlines but some times they switch it up so it sound a lil diff..i hear it all the time form fab banks even jay especially50..some might switch a word or two but you can tell you heard that b4

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

big pun had the same verse from 'pina colada' in 'how we roll' and i think another track

REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

how we roll was made up posthamous

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

big pun had the same verse from 'pina colada' in 'how we roll' and i think another track

REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No reach at all. Duke is actually right.

The og "How We Roll" had his kids on the chorus. Since it wasnt released he used that verse on "Pina Colada".

Both versions are on the Endangered Species album.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No reach at all. Duke is actually right.

The og "How We Roll" had his kids on the chorus. Since it wasnt released he used that verse on "Pina Colada".

Both versions are on the Endangered Species album.
thank you

Back
Top Bottom