Do some girls plan to be stay at home moms?

So I spent the last 2 hours talking to a female cousin I rarely see (her family just came to visit NYC). She's about to be a senior in high school. She haslow grades, no extracurriculars, a 1600 on her SATs (chill, that's out of the 2400 not 1600). I asked her what her prospects were and she has NO idea whereshe's gonna apply or what major she's interested in.

However when my mom began cooking dinner, she was getting busy in the kitchen helping out. My brother joked that we should just get her married off. It wasthen that it hit me, do some girls give up on college/job prospects and just decide to find a man to marry? And they don't actively seek that, is being astay-at-home mom a fall back if they don't find success in other areas of life? I know I prefaced this with a personal story but I'm just trying tofigure out what goes through a female's head when they consider their future.

NO PICS.

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sheseems like a failure.. 1600/2400 on your SATs? Low grades/ No extracurriculars? I mean @$#? High School is relatively easy
smh.gif
..at LEAST make it through that. I'd never let a woman like that be the mother ofmy kids and use up my money.[/color]

I know some girls who plan to just stay at home. Idk if they think it's easier than working a job. Me I plan to have a career to fall back on. I don'treally plan on being a stay at home mother. If I had to I would but I definitely will have a career to fall back on.

do not want a dumb stay at home wife.

no offense to your cuz.

btw if a girl plans to be a stay at home wife or trophy wife...

cues craiglist business man ethering the money digger.

Yes, I know a girl whose main goal is to get married, have kids, and be a stay-at-home mom. Her bf isn't too fond of that idea. lol

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Id be a stay at home dad with no prob.
Imma come out and say it...

I wouldnt mind being a house dad at all.
pimp.gif

but double income >>>> *

it is called b eing a gold digger
nothing new and most women do it

extracurricular activities are overrated though

I don't think the option of being a "stay at home mom" is a fall back for some women. I would like to believe that some, genuinely look forwardto the role considering that in of itself, is a respectable occupation--all though, not in the general sense of the word "occupation". But thinkabout it--being a stay at home mom is a full day's work. Hell, it's a 24/7 job tending to needs of ones family and home--which in my opinion, issignificantly more demanding than a corporate 9-5.

Some women embrace the idea of working with men, side by side, in the corporate and economic world while others both prefer and embrace the domestic"niche" traditionally assigned to women. Lastly, understand that success is both malleable and relative-- so don't impose your definition ofsuccess upon her...

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]She seems like a failure.. 1600/2400 on your SATs? Low grades/ No extracurriculars? I mean @$#? High School is relatively easy
smh.gif
..at LEAST make it through that. I'd never let a woman like that be the mother of my kids and use up my money.[/color]

You don't even understand. I sat there thinking "WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU?". She has no aspirations or goals.

Originally Posted by selrahc123

Hmm. Maybe I could take her in. Pics?

First of all she just turned 17 and second of all I don't have no pics.

Originally Posted by knightngale

it is called being a gold digger
nothing new and most women do it

extracurricular activities are overrated though
agree with the gold digger part.

disagree with the extracurricular activities part. one of my buddies got rejected from UCLA because he didnt do much outside of academics. my other buddy whohad way less impressive academics got accepted likely due to his participation in clubs and sports.

You never heard anyone say: "Some females go to college to get their MRS degree"

Happens on every campus in America...they find a dude who is focused and ride his coat tails to the top

some do...

some are just gold diggers but some women truely look forward to being a wife and mother...maybe thats how they were raised or its just something they want todo...nothing wrong with that...

that doesn't mean you don't have to do well in school though...your cousin just sounds very lazy...

Back
Top Bottom