do u guys wear orthotics when playing/reviewing?

when playing/reviewing do u ppl wear orthotics? Bcuz my feet burn like crazy in the 'good' kicks (ie. 2k4, ZK1)

what do you mean by your feet burn? i dont use any kind of orthotics or insoles, i just wear ankle braces when i play and ive never had my feet feel like theywere burning no matter what shoes i wear.

I wear dr. scholls triad insoles in my KB IIs. I don't have flat feet but my arch is low and I need the extra support. Whats great about these insoles istaht they don't interfere with the cort feel of the KBIIs. They're 3/4 insoles so it doesn't affect the toe room. If you feel taht You needorthodics i wouldn't be shy about getting them. they are very helpful and can help prevent injuries to not only ur feet but your knees and back too.

I have flat feet so I'm wearing my orthotics at all times.. except for when I'm using sandals/slippers.

i wear orthotics and it is not as comfortable playing basketball especially in air zoom shoes like all the zoom kobes, zoom lebron iv, foamposite pro and one,jordan 14 and19 and the lebron soldier . not sure why. it could be the lower profile of the air zoom system or the orthotics. but i continue to play in airzoom shoes because it is much lighter and much more flexible. i just have to make sure i stretch after pretty good. it was much better when i wear orthotics inair max or regular air shoes like foamposite max, air force 25, jordan 8, spizike og and the cb 34. as for running shoes, i run without orthotics but wearmotion control shoes. either way, this is MY experience and it could differ.

yep, use the custom ones. however theres a problem with the lebron IVs cuz of its thick insole

I got flat feet and just deal with the pain..the pain really isnt in my feet anymore Im pretty used to it, I get lower back pain more than anything now.

when you say it "burns" is like your foot is really sore and it hurts when you move in it? cause that does happend to me when i wear arch supports iwish nike made some motion controll baskeball shoes.

i was just wondering what was meant by burning feet because ive never heard of that before. i have used insoles in the past but alot of times they are toothick or too thin and make the shoe fit awkwardly. i still do use insoles when im standing alot like when i go out and when i work.

for crossisom, i use the super feet insoles. they have great support and last a long time.

i wear the blue superfeet and although it last about a year or so, the plastic support is what is killing my feet especially when after landing from shootingor getting a rebound. the plastic doesnt give much so i guess my feet will have to.
when you say burning, do you mean athlete's foot?
by the way, found out low arch and flat feet require different insoles. superfeet helps low arch but special orthotics will be needed for flat feet.
MY opinion and experience, may not apply to everyone.

^^^i agree. the superfeet are no good for playing basketball. if any at all, i use the sofsole athlete insoles because they have the gel in the heel andforefoot.

by burn i mean they get real sore. sometimes after 20 min game time. sometimes i have to take advil before a game im not sure its safe but i do it anyways.dumb flat feet of mine.

I get that a lot - with some of my Jordans mainly.

It's just a really hot prickly feeling in my feet that spreads from my toes and if it's really bad (like with my Jumpman Pro's) it can reach myknees.

It's pretty excruciating and I can't work out why it is - I've tried changing the insoles and wearing them really loose or tight or just right andit still happens.

Probably should try a different type of insole or something.

^^^ u should go to a doctor and get it checked out, my doc checked me out and recommended me some custom orthotics

i agree. i understand the foot pain and the foot burn. i had the give up my superfeet and stop running or balling for over 7 months. doctor said to ease upbecause of my low arch and also because basketball shoes are not made for wide and low arch people like me. i aggrevated my heel and plantar fascilitis. what ido now is i stretch everynight with the end of a baseball bat. step on top of the small end of a wooden baseball bat and roll it back and forth, one leg at atime for 5 minutes. what it does is stretch out any knots that might have prevented bloodflow from the toes to the rest of the leg. i also do calf, hamstringand quad stretches along with toe grabbing exercises. this is MY experience and it may not apply to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom