Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

Would def be nice to see the quaility go back to the good old days... hell, id pay 200.00 for quailty shoes. The price isnt an issue for me!

Would def be nice to see the quaility go back to the good old days... hell, id pay 200.00 for quailty shoes. The price isnt an issue for me!

lol the dudes that are bashing gzagenius are the same dudes that constantly complain no matter what. I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark.

lol the dudes that are bashing gzagenius are the same dudes that constantly complain no matter what. I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark.

Originally Posted by DJYoung08

From what I've read, I still see lots of people speaking of paint chipping. 
eyes.gif

How many people here including you have WORN 1988 3's?

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

eyes.gif

I have actually worn a pair of Black/Cement 3's during 1988 and I was 10 years old.. Some of you all were just an idea.. Lol.. Many don't know this but the 3's for gs sizes were completely different than mens.. The sole was from the 2's and was white... The heel wasn't plastic but was leather.. Till this day I have yet seen a detailed pic of an og 3 in kid sizes.. I remember the box for kids was splattered paint instead of elephant print...

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

eyes.gif

I have actually worn a pair of Black/Cement 3's during 1988 and I was 10 years old.. Some of you all were just an idea.. Lol.. Many don't know this but the 3's for gs sizes were completely different than mens.. The sole was from the 2's and was white... The heel wasn't plastic but was leather.. Till this day I have yet seen a detailed pic of an og 3 in kid sizes.. I remember the box for kids was splattered paint instead of elephant print...

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.

Yea I seen the white 3's in toddlers for $300! But I never seen em in kid sizes 4-6.5.. I did see an og add on eBay of all the 1988 Nike models but not much details... I'm happy Jordans are still being retrod.. Better than nothing!

Yea I seen the white 3's in toddlers for $300! But I never seen em in kid sizes 4-6.5.. I did see an og add on eBay of all the 1988 Nike models but not much details... I'm happy Jordans are still being retrod.. Better than nothing!

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by gzagenius

even if they were 99% close to originals, ******s here would still find something to cry about.

No.

laugh.gif
^^You don’t know NT that good do you? People here complain about everything.As far as OG quality we will never see that again. But I hope JB's at least starting toHave better quality.

That's funny.  Post count really does account for A LOT.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by gzagenius

even if they were 99% close to originals, ******s here would still find something to cry about.

No.

laugh.gif
^^You don’t know NT that good do you? People here complain about everything.As far as OG quality we will never see that again. But I hope JB's at least starting toHave better quality.

That's funny.  Post count really does account for A LOT.

my opinion is that JB intentionally made subpar sneakers just to create a premio line.As for your answer NO but things are looking better.

Back
Top Bottom