Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

Not at all 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

thing is...they wouldn't have to try. If they wanted to re-implement OG quality they would simply do it.

Straight truth!

It's hella reaching to think they would even bother, regardless of all the complaints, everyone still buys them. We won't see the good old days when we were younger, and those who weren't even born. The days when the OG II's actually had Italian leather, is long gone.

Quality and Jordans no longer go hand in hand. Even originals had some flaws too. Perfection is useless. If consumers really learned how to boycott buying their products, will we then see change. That's not going to happen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

thing is...they wouldn't have to try. If they wanted to re-implement OG quality they would simply do it.

Straight truth!

It's hella reaching to think they would even bother, regardless of all the complaints, everyone still buys them. We won't see the good old days when we were younger, and those who weren't even born. The days when the OG II's actually had Italian leather, is long gone.

Quality and Jordans no longer go hand in hand. Even originals had some flaws too. Perfection is useless. If consumers really learned how to boycott buying their products, will we then see change. That's not going to happen.
laugh.gif

Quality now sucks! We will never get anywhere close to OG quality unless you buy the Bin 23 collection edition shoes. Comparing my DS 2011 playoff XIIIs to my 1999 playoff XIIIs worn maybe 10X, the OGs are just a better shoe, with softer leather, more comfort, stronger stitching, and better feel.

Time will only tell again when we see the black/silver Vs that release later this year and compare those the retros that we released just a few years ago.

We will never see OG quality, time has changed and so has the shoe game. Everyone back in the day balled in these when they first came out because they were most advanced basketball shoe at that time so they had to be made well. Nowadays basketball plays wear the new shoes with the newest technology, like lebrons, because they are a better basketball shoe. Retro Jordans are made for style and fashion and not primarily for ballin' anymore so the quality is no longer and never will be the same. The jordans with the best technology and quality will be the newest and latest basketball shoe such as the Jordan 2011.

All of this is really just common sense a simple economics lesson understanding supply and demand, and seeinghow JB created and controlls their own monopoly.

Quality now sucks! We will never get anywhere close to OG quality unless you buy the Bin 23 collection edition shoes. Comparing my DS 2011 playoff XIIIs to my 1999 playoff XIIIs worn maybe 10X, the OGs are just a better shoe, with softer leather, more comfort, stronger stitching, and better feel.

Time will only tell again when we see the black/silver Vs that release later this year and compare those the retros that we released just a few years ago.

We will never see OG quality, time has changed and so has the shoe game. Everyone back in the day balled in these when they first came out because they were most advanced basketball shoe at that time so they had to be made well. Nowadays basketball plays wear the new shoes with the newest technology, like lebrons, because they are a better basketball shoe. Retro Jordans are made for style and fashion and not primarily for ballin' anymore so the quality is no longer and never will be the same. The jordans with the best technology and quality will be the newest and latest basketball shoe such as the Jordan 2011.

All of this is really just common sense a simple economics lesson understanding supply and demand, and seeinghow JB created and controlls their own monopoly.

i won't complain much about quality besides paint chipping and cracking on a lot of re-retros (phukkin suck a.ss). Also, the shape on a lot of re-retros aren't close to the retros or the originals. JB has raised prices on a lot of re-retros for shoes that aren't lasting very long. 150 IIIs and 175 for XIs??? phukk me 
mad.gif

i won't complain much about quality besides paint chipping and cracking on a lot of re-retros (phukkin suck a.ss). Also, the shape on a lot of re-retros aren't close to the retros or the originals. JB has raised prices on a lot of re-retros for shoes that aren't lasting very long. 150 IIIs and 175 for XIs??? phukk me 
mad.gif

I think the quality of materials is the main issue with everyone. The last two new XIII's seem to be on point with less creasing toe boxes and keeping the same shape and colorways as the OG's.

At least JB seems to be trying even if it's only in a small way. I am disappointed with the lack of 3M material on the 2010 Flints/Altitudes but its not that serious.

I'm actually looking forward to the rest of this year's releases from JB, seems like the year of some of the hottest retros for a lot of people.

I hope they continue to improve on the quality and keep making some of my favorites.

I think the quality of materials is the main issue with everyone. The last two new XIII's seem to be on point with less creasing toe boxes and keeping the same shape and colorways as the OG's.

At least JB seems to be trying even if it's only in a small way. I am disappointed with the lack of 3M material on the 2010 Flints/Altitudes but its not that serious.

I'm actually looking forward to the rest of this year's releases from JB, seems like the year of some of the hottest retros for a lot of people.

I hope they continue to improve on the quality and keep making some of my favorites.

Just got my pair of XIII Playoffs and the quality of materials and craftsmanship were very good IMO. So far the trend on overall quality for the Retro's has been going up since the XI Cool Grey's dropped. Keep it coming JB!!

Just got my pair of XIII Playoffs and the quality of materials and craftsmanship were very good IMO. So far the trend on overall quality for the Retro's has been going up since the XI Cool Grey's dropped. Keep it coming JB!!

BTW i do think that they be reverting hack to the old mats. The tongue feels better on them new released 13s

BTW i do think that they be reverting hack to the old mats. The tongue feels better on them new released 13s

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by LilManiak23

dont see OG quality ever happening

I agree, the times have changed, the economy has changed, the cost of fabrics and leathers have changed.  
People just need to take the good with the bad or just buy OG's or older retros.  It's that simple.  

IMO, JB started the year right with these 3's, they are decently made.  The leather (up for discussion) is durable.  .

The only worry is, if the midsoles will hold up.   Time will tell. 

that is the acid test. i'm waiting for someone's cements to start chipping. if this doesn't happen in a few months, then we know they're trying.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by LilManiak23

dont see OG quality ever happening

I agree, the times have changed, the economy has changed, the cost of fabrics and leathers have changed.  
People just need to take the good with the bad or just buy OG's or older retros.  It's that simple.  

IMO, JB started the year right with these 3's, they are decently made.  The leather (up for discussion) is durable.  .

The only worry is, if the midsoles will hold up.   Time will tell. 

that is the acid test. i'm waiting for someone's cements to start chipping. if this doesn't happen in a few months, then we know they're trying.

Back
Top Bottom