Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

curb > seinfeld

not even close imo
87qll.gif

same executive producer/creator so its the same thing aka both of you lose!
giphy.gif

Black people are a little too hyped for Black Panther. I'm definitely gonna see it, probably on opening night but I'm not going in traditional african garb either. The level of hype I see from black people on social media is wild. I'm as excited to see black people represented in comic movies too but folks are going overboard in my opinion.

I guess its not that different from fanboys going to star wars movies in costumes but I find that very corny as well.

Low key? Bob's Burgers been funny since jump. Everyone was late to the party. I tried telling people from the beginning, but they didn't listen until later.

I agree about Black people being too hype. Going in traditional African clothing is doing too much and if they do, they're a fraud. Tbh, I'm annoyed with the excitement of the movie. He's been a character for about 40 years and NOW you get excited? Ok. I even saw the teacher that started the Black Panther challenge on IG/Twitter and he raised money to take kids in his school to see the movie and had the audacity to have a breakdown of the cost that included the price of tickets and refreshment costs for the ADULTS and not the kids. I had a problem with that. Then I saw a news interview where he said the movie shows how a Black nation can be technologically advanced and show how Black people can achieve....

My reaction was like um...my man, do you NOT understand how the very name of the character was derived? Are you not a teacher? I'm not even asking for him to go into depth about the movement, but at least introduce to the kids what the Black Panther party was and Huey Newton. It's **** like this that irks me when people wanna be "woke", but selectively "woke". Would he not think telling the real side of the name would not have more of an impact on kids? I get the character can inspire, but people who actually lived might make it that much more real.
I'm not sure why, maybe because unlike Star Wars or Harry Potter its not complete fiction detached from reality (correct if I'm wrong), but something about those statements bother me. I mean people are really going to buy dashiki's that hold cultural significance just to watch a 2 hour movie then throw them ****s in they closet? I had a friend who was born and spent a portion of his life in Africa and would wear the garments regularly and even mix them with more traditional clothing. But seeing people parade around in them ****s for 2 hours (considering some of them probably made fun of garments in general) just seems corny.
This Martin "reboot" will not be funny.
So is the cast staying the same or will it be younger actors playing the old characters?

kickvicisous kickvicisous you'd be surprised to see the lengths people go through to appear "down" and "woke". I haven't personally met anyone that plan on doing this, and of course the meme's and jokes are all over the internet, but I'm sure there will be one fool to do this. I was specifically speaking about those that are not aware of the cultural significance of the dashiki and would "wear African clothes" just because it's the flavor of the month.

kickvicisous kickvicisous you'd be surprised to see the lengths people go through to appear "down" and "woke". I haven't personally met anyone that plan on doing this, and of course the meme's and jokes are all over the internet, but I'm sure there will be one fool to do this. I was specifically speaking about those that are not aware of the cultural significance of the dashiki and would "wear African clothes" just because it's the flavor of the month.
People talking about sneaking in soul food (as if thats all we eat), rocking afro's with picks with fist on the end, dashiki's, talking about we have to support the "culture". I'm like do ya'll realize this is a Disney flick (one of four this year), ya'll know Marvel owns this right? People acting like its a spike lee joint, I'm glad people are happy but at some point common sense has to come in. I got a homeboy who said "Man white people going to be so uncomfortable watching this in theaters", I'm like "Man What"?

Like I said earlier its just funny how the new fans are just gassing him up, "He'd **** Superman up in a fight" or "He got more money than Batman", ya'll clearly dont know how comics work. Craziest thing I saw was a dude claiming the Black Panther would never be with a white women, then people on Twitter posted images of him making out with the invisible women in comics. People were so upset:lol:

Seems like this movie release is a double edged sword. I'm not big on comics and really don't know much of anything on Black Panther outside of the name...but again, if this movie performs well, would this give Hollywood more confidence in funding or launching black made films that doesn't have a comedic element in them?

Culture is universal then it isn't, but I'm not aware of too many African-Americans who are avid comic book readers in addition to Black Panther fans in general.

Seems like this movie release is a double edged sword. I'm not big on comics and really don't know much of anything on Black Panther outside of the name...but again, if this movie performs well, would this give Hollywood more confidence in funding or launching black made films that doesn't have a comedic element in them?

Culture is universal then it isn't, but I'm not aware of too many African-Americans who are avid comic book readers in addition to Black Panther fans in general.
Black Panther isn't a black made film though, the character comes from Marvel and is being made by Disney studio's. The director and some of the higher up staff may be black but the confidence your bringing up would be better suited towards something that took the "Get Out" route, just not funny.

Last edited:
People talking about sneaking in soul food (as if thats all we eat), rocking afro's with picks with fist on the end, dashiki's, talking about we have to support the "culture". I'm like do ya'll realize this is a Disney flick (one of four this year), ya'll know Marvel owns this right? People acting like its a spike lee joint, I'm glad people are happy but at some point common sense has to come in. I got a homeboy who said "Man white people going to be so uncomfortable watching this in theaters", I'm like "Man What"?

Like I said earlier its just funny how the new fans are just gassing him up, "He'd **** Superman up in a fight" or "He got more money than Batman", ya'll clearly dont know how comics work. Craziest thing I saw was a dude claiming the Black Panther would never be with a white women, then people on Twitter posted images of him making out with the invisible women in comics. People were so upset:lol:

:rofl:oh the fake outrage. I'm here for it all.

Back
Top Bottom