Do you know anyone that started a clothing line that failed miserably?

Seems like a majority of people will just start a clothing, print some t shirts, and then just give up on it.  

Seems like a majority of people will just start a clothing, print some t shirts, and then just give up on it.  

Originally Posted by Kramer

80% of the clothes line threads on NT?

Beat me to it 
laugh.gif

I was gonna 3/4ths of NT.

Lol, I didn't know

I've been off of NT for a while now, possibly years.  This is my first post in a long while.  I hit the unemployment %*%@@@!%, now I'm back to just bummin instead of stressin all day. 

Lol, I didn't know

I've been off of NT for a while now, possibly years.  This is my first post in a long while.  I hit the unemployment %*%@@@!%, now I'm back to just bummin instead of stressin all day. 

I'm thinking bout starting some side project, I got capital and some freetime so it ain't no thang.

Might as well do something inbetween searching for employment to keep sane

I'm thinking bout starting some side project, I got capital and some freetime so it ain't no thang.

Might as well do something inbetween searching for employment to keep sane

It takes a lot of upfront capital that's why... Cost to print the shirts, and if you got a lot of bills whether college loans, cell, rent, etc... You put a good amount into printing your first shirts... When those sell, most people use that money to pay down the bills instead of immediately going to printing more shirts... Hence why most people stop after a few shirts because there is very little profit, and a lot of recurrent capital

It takes a lot of upfront capital that's why... Cost to print the shirts, and if you got a lot of bills whether college loans, cell, rent, etc... You put a good amount into printing your first shirts... When those sell, most people use that money to pay down the bills instead of immediately going to printing more shirts... Hence why most people stop after a few shirts because there is very little profit, and a lot of recurrent capital

Originally Posted by Essential1

How much we talking?  Losing money upfront is to be expected with any business

Originally Posted by Essential1

How much we talking?  Losing money upfront is to be expected with any business

i don't think any of these guys starting clothing lines fail 'miserably'.. they usually are kids from the suburbs so it goes like..

- think clothing lines a great idea that will make them millions
- come up with creative generic logo/designs
- print a few hundred tshirts
- sell maybe 20
- realize it wont work
- life goes on

i don't think any of these guys starting clothing lines fail 'miserably'.. they usually are kids from the suburbs so it goes like..

- sell maybe 20
- realize it wont work
- life goes on

Originally Posted by 650

- sell maybe 20 them all
- realize it wont work
- life goes on
npkv89.jpg

Originally Posted by 650

- sell maybe 20 them all
- realize it wont work
- life goes on
npkv89.jpg

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Do OutKast still make clothing?
YO! DF?

laugh.gif
I saw that coming. But I'm serious, like is it even in stores anymore? I even saw some Wu-Wear jeans in the
store about 4-5 years ago and was like "huuuuuuuuuuuh?"

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Do OutKast still make clothing?
YO! DF?

laugh.gif
I saw that coming. But I'm serious, like is it even in stores anymore? I even saw some Wu-Wear jeans in the
store about 4-5 years ago and was like "huuuuuuuuuuuh?"

almost all fail, this is a local from my area. i guess he's doing kinda ok though. thoughts NT?

http://pryourity.tumblr.com/

i feel dude kinda rips off alotta stuff like supreme ysl bape, and etc but i guess thats how shortypop made it right.

Back
Top Bottom