Does everyone cheat in relationships?

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

So do you think that everyone cheats? Is everyone going to be cheated on at least once in their lives?

Not everyone cheats. But we live in an age where people feel entitled to instant gratification, from their work ethic to their interactions with others.

I'm not innocent. I've cheated in various degrees before. Now a days I don't allow myself to stay in relationships for long. I'd rather just be real and kick it with the females that are cool with knowing that I have a life outside of them. Less on my conscious, and I'm doing what feels natural to me. *Shrug.*

This. Im on the same stuff now. I be like, im not tryna lead you on, I do like you, but I am not looking for a relationship right now.

Grimlock I'm 100% there with you and I do believe unconditional love exist but in reality we are the ONLY ones that can unconditionally love ourselves. Also understand you only speak from your perspective as do I so debating ones reality is pointless. In Wise's world unfortunately yes the women mostly behave unscrupiously but it isn't something that I care about anymore.When I was younger it did bother me because I had yet to realize that as you stated all love ESPECIALLY attraction based love is conditional and an illusion. Hell if you wann break down life 95% of it is illusion but that's another more interesting conversation. The fact of the matter for most the reality is to harsh and most want to believe in the fairy tale Disney concept of happily ever after. We've been sold dreams the moment we came to being in this reality.

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

What is the point of love when you end up getting hurt. It's amazing we often hurt the people we love, love the people that don't love us.

This is a good question, I'm surprised no one commented on this.

Personally, I never let anyone, whether they are my immediate family or a mutual friend, have my complete trust. It's not that I distrust them, but I don't 100% trust them. I don't "love" or "trust" anyone and no one "loves" or "trusts" me as a result. It sounds depressing and #$%% but I don't really think it's that bad. I keep everyone at arms length away because I'm the only person in the world who will look out for me 100% of the time. Even if I'm putting someone else ahead of me, I'm still taking care of my needs because I need to see that they are taken care of. Again, it's not that I don't trust others, but I don't trust them much or give them access to much of me. I'd rather stay isolated then build some complex foundation over my relationships with others.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I do the word cheat is stupid. A person should be free to sleep with who ever they chose. alpha male checking in.

dont you have intercourse with other men?

Did u just hit on me? U sound like a lad that has been cheated on many times.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Grimlock I'm 100% there with you and I do believe unconditional love exist but in reality we are the ONLY ones that can unconditionally love ourselves. Also understand you only speak from your perspective as do I so debating ones reality is pointless. In Wise's world unfortunately yes the women mostly behave unscrupiously but it isn't something that I care about anymore.When I was younger it did bother me because I had yet to realize that as you stated all love ESPECIALLY attraction based love is conditional and an illusion. Hell if you wann break down life 95% of it is illusion but that's another more interesting conversation. The fact of the matter for most the reality is to harsh and most want to believe in the fairy tale Disney concept of happily ever after. We've been sold dreams the moment we came to being in this reality.

I agree with this... we are the only ones that will love ourselves no matter what, because everything we do is something we wanted to do because of a reason. No one is going to have 100% unwavering love for you, not even a parent can have that. Logically, there is only one person who can do that and that is yourself.

That's why I believe so strongly in pleasing yourself first. So many people want to do things for others, want to please family, friends, women, men, whatever, like how are you going to put that kind of value into someone else? I'm not saying one should be arrogant, but everyone should really view themselves as a blessing to the world. One should always be the best person in their own eyes... how are you going to love someone else more than you love yourself?

You're the only person who has to live with yourself and every single one of your actions. I never understand why people would ever act for someone else. Because they're wealthier, prettier, smarter, they have value over you? Nah... everyone should be number one in their own eyes.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Originally Posted by carbon16

I look at it like this,
If you're willing to cheat on someone you're obviously in a relationship with someone you don't respect, which makes me wonder why you're in a relationship with someone like that in the first place. That's just me tho.
Preach

i hate when ppl evluate ppl based on actions... there are no definites with ppl bruh... u lied, are you a liar? not nessecarilly... u may have jus had an overwhelmingly good motive... same deal with cheating... if its a single act done inhow are you gunna tell me that im alwayssss gunna be a cheater....

ive tried cocaine im not a coke head...

ive cheated on my girl... i love her dearly
grin.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't know what kind of birds ya'll dealing with, but most of the girls I know would stay faithful to a dude if he's handling his business.

Right like you would know if she was cheating on you, most men with their egos assume they are handling their business

It is up to an individual to decide if they should hold themselves to a standard of not cheating.

I'm tired of hearing "everybody cheats", "humans aren't build to be monogamous"etc...those are all excuses. 

Everyone can do better, and everyone should do better. 

people are so quick to lower their morals and excuse their faults on the norms of society. if one does this..its just a sign of weakness because it shows that one can not think for themselves. 

i just wish people would hold themselves to a higher standard. Have a higher sense of respect for themselves and have a higher sense of

respect for their neighbor. (even if your neighbor doesn't do the same, be better than them) "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

But i'm realistic, and i know that society as a whole will never hold themselves to a certain standard. I know that any and everyone is at risk of being cheated on. 

But i also know that monogamous relationships do exist. And because they do exist, I am going to do my best to be an example as well.

I'd rather be optimistic when approaching relationships than pessimistic...I choose to hold myself to a certain standard of respecting relationships, respecting myself, and respecting my neighbor. And I hope to meet someone that feels the same way. 

What sucks is that i know that a lot of women are desensitized, and also approach cheating as a norm of society. 

But just because it is a norm of society doesn't mean you can't hold yourself to a higher standard..

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

I do the word cheat is stupid. A person should be free to sleep with who ever they chose. alpha male checking in.

dont you have intercourse with other men?

Did u just hit on me? U sound like a lad that has been cheated on many times.

because i asked if you have intercourse with other men?
laugh.gif

be more sensitive

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I agree with this, this is one of the best work in progress type things one can do with their lives...once achieved it's like shedding such an extreme burden and opening up dormant possibilities.
Your last line however I gotta question you on.  We both will look at this situation from different perspectives but I still feel that finding someone and being able to remain constant with that person isn't just wishful thinking.  It used to happen generations before us and it's still a possible reality now but imho we've been skewed my all types of media and the people around us.  I've lost faith time and again in good people but like someone said, you can't label others as this type or that type of person.  Throughout a person's life their gonna display the whole emotional spectrum at one point in their lives...but as far as cheating is concerned I find it too easy and quite detrimental to just believe everyone is a cheater and just approach with caution. 

Some people consider relationships with females as a game, the one that gets the most bunz and the least problems wins.  But that hardly ever happens and the actions (cheating) you create causes the other person to change their perception of a relationship (good girl gone bad) and then she spreads this false knowledge to her friends, family and it keeps happening over and over.

To me if this thing is a grand game, my only competition is myself.  I hold myself accountable for all actions I take and that's the way I feel it should be.

nope, i dont... although temptation is a mf'er i just dont do it whats the point of bein in a relationship if thats what ur gonna be doin, it just aint right but thats just me... but when im single u better believe im takin full advantage an actin a damn fool hahaha:. so girls gotta get with the program:.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Preach

i hate when ppl evluate ppl based on actions... there are no definites with ppl bruh... u lied, are you a liar? not nessecarilly... u may have jus had an overwhelmingly good motive... same deal with cheating... if its a single act done inhow are you gunna tell me that im alwayssss gunna be a cheater....

ive tried cocaine im not a coke head...

ive cheated on my girl... i love her dearly
grin.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
tired.gif

youre doing it right 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't know what kind of birds ya'll dealing with, but most of the girls I know would stay faithful to a dude if he's handling his business.

Right like you would know if she was cheating on you, most men with their egos assume they are handling their business

That's basically an out for "Well since she may be cheating on me, I may as well do the same"

Love my girl dearly even though I have cheated like 50 times within 11 years. Too me 99% of Men cheat and the ones who say they dont lie. Its just in our bature to have a nice new piece of boota every now and then.

Girls on the otherhand like to flirt

This thread is all over the place.
laugh.gif

Good stuff posted by Grimlock though.

IMO if you're not engaged or married you haven't made any type of real commitment and it's not a huge deal to do you

Originally Posted by youngdoc

IMO if you're not engaged or married you haven't made any type of real commitment and it's not a huge deal to do you

Why though? How can you get to that engaged/married point, when you are constantly cheating, getting cheated on. This argument is complete #+#@%+%%. If you want to go out and !##+ other people (guys and girls) then dont involve someone else in your selfishness, because odds are, the other person doesnt share you "opinion" and you are just hurting them at the end of the day.

If your confused about what it is you want, then its best not to get involved at all. Its not just you in the relationship.

Back
Top Bottom