Does NT Have a Race Problem?

Does NT have a race problem?

• Total voters
No, but if this question is going to be what deems an argument valid or not. There is no need for this discussion.
It matters whether you want to admit it or not.

If a white person is spewing the, "Race doesn't matter" talk then I could understand why it didn't matter to THEM since they are able to move through life without thinking about it.

So yes, race can matter when discussing racism due to perspective.

Maybe some of my "dark" friends say that to me. But then I have others that dont even think like that and they arent considered white. I think it's a mindset of limitation each individual has whether its true or not.
I agree on the mindset thing to an extent. You can deny racism all you want, but at the end of the it is a very concept & action in place. The foundation for a lot countries is racism. China is literally trying to shift the blame the reason why da rona exist on black ppl as we speak. Black ppl in china are seriously being kicked out of their homes & denied service b/c of racist ideologies.

What about non-black Latinos? They aren't victims of racism? Non-black Latinos are encouraged to be model minorities?
Somewhat to this point, I think ever non-black group is covertly conditioned into not associating with Black folks. Whetheror not that happens is up to the individual but to get in good with "Massa" I think many groups somewhat distance themselves from us. Or disrespect us to attempt to get in good eith the dominant society.

I agree on the mindset thing to an extent. You can deny racism all you want, but at the end of the it is a very concept & action in place. The foundation for a lot countries is racism. China is literally trying to shift the blame the reason why da rona exist on black ppl as we speak. Black ppl in china are seriously being kicked out of their homes & denied service b/c of racist ideologies.
I agree but I'm one those people that has that I'm going to get mine regardless. Now saying I have privilege cuz I'm lighter maybe. But I know black people that have the same mindset and they are getting everything they want in this life.

What about non-black Latinos? They aren't victims of racism? Non-black Latinos are encouraged to be model minorities?
If you consider yourself white, then you aspire to the privilege that being white affords you. You cannot claim being a victim of racism, yet claiming to be a part of the oppressive group at the same time.

Take a look at the WHITE Cuban community in Florida, those that came over when Castro threw their asses out. They sought privilege here in the US, established a voting block that was pro segregation, yet do you think that they could claim racism if they were subjected to white supremacy after attempting to be a part of that system of oppression?

I'd say no, and so would the Black people that they tried to exclude.

Somewhat to this point, I think ever non-black group is covertly conditioned into not associating with Black folks. Whetheror not that happens is up to the individual but to get in good with "Massa" I think many groups somewhat distance themselves from us. Or disrespect us to attempt to get in good eith the dominant society.
This is a horrible take.

If you consider yourself white, then you aspire to the privilege that being white affords you. You cannot claim being a victim of racism, yet claiming to be a part of the oppressive group at the same time.

Take a look at the WHITE Cuban community in Florida, those that came over when Castro threw their asses out. They sought privilege here in the US, established a voting block that was pro segregation, yet do you think that they could claim racism if they were subjected to white supremacy after attempting to be a part of that system of oppression?

I'd say no, and so would the Black people that they tried to exclude.
What about Mestizos, aka most Latinos. Not white, not black. They aren't victim to racism?

It matters whether you want to admit it or not.

If a white person is spewing the, "Race doesn't matter" talk then I could understand why it didn't matter to THEM since they are able to move through life without thinking about it.

So yes, race can matter when discussing racism due to perspective.
What about black people that move thru life without thinking about it?

What about black people that move thru life without thinking about it?
I don't think that is possible. I honestly don't.

Some might think about it more than others, but I don't think it is possible for a Black Person to not think about being black. At SOME point in life, the reality will hit you. You will be taught that this isn't your country.

But, to humor the idea of a Black Person moving through life NOT thinking about it, it doesn't mean racism doesn't exist just because they don't think about it.

But I would imagine having a conversation with that person would be weird considering I am looking at a person with similar roots that wants to denounce racism existing.

I would find that odd.

This is a horrible take.
I would like to have a COnversation on the take.

Why do you think it is far fetched to believe overt and covert messages are sent by The Dominant Society letting the WORLD know that Black people are at the bottom of the barrel and should be avoiding/disassociated from?

In my opinion, when you treat a group of people like trash while uplifting yourself, you are essentially telling others, "Don't be like them, be like us."

Race is so 90s bro. Its classism in 2020. And honeslty I truly dont unless I'm snappin with a friend of mine, race doesnt need to even come up.
Are you willing to consider/admit that generally speaking, the darker your skin the harder you will have it in life? (Socio-Economically).

This can be in Latin America, South America, North America, Asia, Europe, Australia.

While class is important, in most places and in most scenarios RACE is often a huge piece of the formula that creates CLASS.

Are you willing to acknowledge that?

Because it is interesting that you are attempting to split Class into it's own sub-category of identification.

What about Mestizos, aka most Latinos. Not white, not black. They aren't victim to racism?
Here in NYC I am around many, many, latinos, and many of them consider themselves Black.

Many who claim to be not Black nor white, think that you'll avoid the trappings of racism. However, racism is simple, yet made complex for political purposes. IF YOU HAVE ANY HINT OF MELANIN? YOU ARE CONSIDERED BLACK according to white supremacist theory.

So yeah, you can call yourself mestizo, but once a NYC cop puts a gun in your nose, then calling you the Nword, you'll know what time it is. Better yet, go down south and attend a MAGA rally, then see what they think of you.

Are you willing to consider/admit that generally speaking, the darker your skin the harder you will have it in life? (Socio-Economically).

This can be in Latin America, South America, North America, Asia, Europe, Australia.

While class is important, in most places and in most scenarios RACE is often a huge piece of the formula that creates CLASS.

Are you willing to acknowledge that?

Because it is interesting that you are attempting to split Class into it's own sub-category of identification.
[/QUOTE]
I dont know honeslty, because I've seen it be different with people in my family who are darker. With friends of mine who are darker. It didnt stop them from being successful.

Racism does it exist but I dont know how beneficial it is to think one is limited or not good enough based on their skin color.

You do not connect with the oppressor in order to gain freedom. We have also learned that you do not water down your movement, in order to make your white friends comfortable either. If they are not willing to die for you? Then you cannot trust them, and you do not need them...and to be clear....WHITE women took down both Cosby and Weinstein. White women do live with privilege, and do benefit from white supremacy.

Considering that all other races are encouraged to become the model minority? Yes.
We’re talking about misogyny not racism. Men vs Women. But you see how the two don’t compare? White women are women too. There’s no Brad Pitt ain’t gonna come save us.

But see, that’a that **** right there that point that pisses people off. Starts making a point on one subject, it fizzles out and then use racism as the proverbial pocket sand.

Racism does it exist but I dont know how beneficial it is to think one is limited or not good enough based on their skin color.
If you feel this way then I don't think you are being morally honest with how the world has been operating for hundreds of years.

Whether or not if there is a benefit in knowing that is how the world works doesn't really matter. It happens.

And PLEASE don't take that as me saying ANY of the following.

All successful people are light skinned.
All un-successful people are darker skinned.
All lighter skinned people are more successful than all darker skinned people.

I could go on and on but I feel like I have to say that with you because you seem to keep looking for anomalies in the system.

We’re talking about misogyny not racism. Men vs Women. But you see how the two don’t compare? White women are women too. There’s no Brad Pitt ain’t gonna come save us.

But see, that’a that **** right there that point that pisses people off. Starts making a point on one subject, it fizzles out and then use racism as the proverbial pocket sand.
You seem to not understand that PRIVILEGE is the core issue of both sexism and racism, and that is why they compare. Intersectionality then becomes a huge part of the discussion, of which I am certain that you may not be aware of.

I don't think we have a big issue on here but I believe some people need to get straightened out or banned.

If you feel this way then I don't think you are being morally honest with how the world has been operating for hundreds of years.

Whether or not if there is a benefit in knowing that is how the world works doesn't really matter. It happens.

And PLEASE don't take that as me saying ANY of the following.

All successful people are light skinned.
All un-successful people are darker skinned.
All lighter skinned people are more successful than all darker skinned people.

I could go on and on but I feel like I have to say that with you because you seem to keep looking for anomalies in the system.
I'm agreeing it exists, and it is an issue. But I always think it comes down to the individual.

As whole yes. I grew up with people telling me I cant win against white America. White girls wont like you etc. And you know they probably are right. But I cant let that seep into my soul. Acknowledge racism but it isnt over just because you are a shades darker than what is status quo.

Back
Top Bottom