Does NT Have a Race Problem?

Does NT have a race problem?

• Total voters
Then you may need to rethink what power actually is.

That was the whole debate between WEB Dubois, and Booker T Washington.

Have you ever read that?
I have not. I’m going to have to check that out but, in 2020, I don’t need anything to tell me money is power. The problem is we’re too busy doing stupid **** like arguing who and what is and isn’t racist, who’s real, who’s fake, who sleep, who woke blazay blazay. I’m all about progress and solutions. Pointing out a 250 year old problem as if you’re the first one to discover it is...nothing. Just talk.

I'm agreeing it exists, and it is an issue. But I always think it comes down to the individual.

As whole yes. I grew up with people telling me I cant win against white America. White girls wont like you etc. And you know they probably are right. But I cant let that seep into my soul. Acknowledge racism but it isnt over just because you are a shades darker than what is status quo.

That is interesting because nobody, but you, is discussing the, "Don't let IT beat you" angle.

Again, whenever you do this you are indirectly denouncing it as a system.

You are essentially using the "bootstrap" argument.

Please be careful with your words.

That is interesting because nobody, but you, is discussing the, "Don't let IT beat you" angle.

Again, whenever you do this you are indirectly denouncing it as a system.

You are essentially using the "bootstrap" argument.

Please be careful with your words.
I dont think I am. But I do feel classism is more of the issue in 2020 imo

I have not. I’m going to have to check that out but, in 2020, I don’t need anything to tell me money is power. The problem is we’re too busy doing stupid **** like arguing who and what is and isn’t racist, who’s real, who’s fake, who sleep, who woke blazay blazay. I’m all about progress and solutions. Pointing out a 250 year old problem as if you’re the first one to discover it is...nothing. Just talk.
Money is NOT the power, KNOWLEDGE and the use of intelligence is.

Racism alive and well

but it’s drastically different living in 2020 than say 1950.

where do yall see things in 2090?

The answer is a resounding "Yes" too many NTers think it's cool to drop slurs and make other offensive comments. Slurs like "Karen", "Straight White Male" and "SWM" need to stop

wait Karen is considered an offensive slur now? what about Brad?

And CLassim is something that is naturally established independent of any other qualifiers right? (Like Race )

I think you are missing that almost seems as if it is done on purpose as well.

Then you are the one who does not know what racism actually is.

it's programming through the bootstrap mindset.
tr1ll tr1ll I’m glad he didn’t reply to you with the picture of a bunch of baked biscuits, as was his go to response before today.

You're definitely not referring to Latinos.
I believe he was talking about Asian folks, at least from what I saw constantly addressing Corona news in the TAN thread. I’m Latino so he could have been talking about me when he said I was a “bottom feeding dirty taco truck eating model minority citizen”. Let him go on about how black folks can’t be racist though, This coming from a man who had his comments deleted for expressing joy over certain races being “cleansed” off the earth due to Corona virus.

Last edited:
Pay close attention to how many times you have used the words me, my, I, in this thread.

If there is a discussion on a systematic problem and you keep referencing your own PERSONAL accounts/experiences, you are in fact dismissing the fact that the system is in place by explaining how you and yours have found a way to buck the trend.

Money is 100% power in the Asian community. Most immigrated here for a better life aka opportunity to make more money. As long as they accomplish that goal, there's really not much that can bother them, racism included.

Money is 100% power in the Asian community. Most immigrated here for a better life aka opportunity to make more money. As long as they accomplish that goal, there's really not much that can bother them, racism included.
But are opportunities equal across the board no matter what your skin tone is? I am discussing people without, that are trying to climb that ladder.

Are you going to sit here and pretend the CHANCE of reaching that brass ring is the same for all parties?

But are opportunities equal across the board no matter what your skin tone is? I am discussing people without, that are trying to climb that ladder.

Are you going to sit here and pretend the CHANCE of reaching that brass ring is the same for all parties?
I never said that. I'm responding to the guy that said money is not power and all I am saying is that it is to the Asian community because that is the reason why they left their home to come to this country in the first place - to make more money.

I never said that. I'm responding to the guy that said money is not power and all I am saying is that it is to the Asian community because that is the reason why they left their home to come to this country in the first place - to make more money.
Money is power in all communities I would say.

No matter what race you are, bleaching your skin is dumb as hell.

I still feel like that is a partial truth.

All money doesn't yield the same power (opportunities).

We can't pretend darker skinned people with the SAME amount of money are lighter skinned people have the same experiences.

Even within class, there are distinctions on who is/isn't afforded certain opportunities.

So this idea that once you reach a certain level racism goes out the window (no matter WHICH continent you live on), is just wild

No matter what race you are, bleaching your skin is dumb as hell.
But why do people feel the need to Bleach their skin? Is it because they are dumb or is it because they feel their current skin tone isn't enough? I wonder WHY they feel that way.

I personally wouldn't do it but I understand (kinda, not really, :lol:) why people do it.

see plenty of videos of officers having the patience of a saint
dealing with white folks
while going to the extreme off rip when they black
so yes its factual
ive experienced it first hand as well
Research also proves that black people are treated differently by police.

Here in NYC I am around many, many, latinos, and many of them consider themselves Black.

Many who claim to be not Black nor white, think that you'll avoid the trappings of racism. However, racism is simple, yet made complex for political purposes. IF YOU HAVE ANY HINT OF MELANIN? YOU ARE CONSIDERED BLACK according to white supremacist theory.

So yeah, you can call yourself mestizo, but once a NYC cop puts a gun in your nose, then calling you the Nword, you'll know what time it is. Better yet, go down south and attend a MAGA rally, then see what they think of you.

You're ignoring my question. Most Latinos dont consider themselves black. That might be a problem in NY but out here we dont have a huge population of black Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, etc. Do brown Latinos not experience racism? Are they expected to be model citizens? Just answer those yes or no.

Back
Top Bottom