dogs are only okay.

Not to change the subject but people who have snakes or spiders as pets can’t be trusted !!!!!

F8E7D93E-2E05-43FA-84BA-B0486D55E2BE.jpeg C9ABC0C3-01D7-49EF-A2DE-8B9987585D49.jpeg

Dogs are the only things that love you more than themselves besides your parents
Arrogant human assumption. How do you figure they love humans more than themselves?

It sounds good and noble but wr have convinced ourselves that dogs love us for who we are.

Nah, as with ANY relationship, "what can you do for me" supercedes all

If a person needed you for food, water, shelter, and bathroom time, I am sure they would die for you too

You're a cat owner

Im a cat owner

Cats dying for us b? I was unaware

Most they'll probably do is knead your dead body cause they're hungry and you're just laying there

You're a cat owner

Im a cat owner

Most they'll probably do is knead your dead body cause they're hungry and you're just laying there

Flawed logic.

I am saying that we ASSUME dogs have unconditional love for us. I believe dogs have conditional love for us, as with any other living being.

I am not saying any and all animals that you feed and take care of would die for you. My cat wouldn't die for me, I wouldn't die for him. We have an understanding.

But I think it is arrogant as hell for us to keep spewing this, "My dog will die for me" tall. Where is the logic/proof of that?

Arrogant human assumption. How do you figure they love humans more than themselves?

It sounds good and noble but wr have convinced ourselves that dogs love us for who we are.

I see it as more of a "give and take" sort of situation, just like how most people have with each other. My dog was all over me as a puppy when I first met him because I gave him attention before I even fed him.

You're a cat owner

Im a cat owner

let's not pretend both dogs and cats won't eat your meat-filled self if you up and die.

I like how every dog with a collar is down to catch a slug like the Secret Service in these fan fictions.

I really want a pet parrot. Would be jokes 24/7. Just make him learn to say wild inappropriate things.

that's actually hilarious.

dog/not dog?

hmm...tough call, but I'll go with not dog.

here's a head-scratcher...dog/not dog?:
bbdaa58799c74d6fa4aa363a9401d2e95fb91d8d_hq.jpg

That's an opinion I agree with somewhat

You ever had a dog?

So you, "Dogs will die for us" dudes, which situation would present itself for the dog to do the suicid dive?

Yall say it with SUCH confidence

Wasn't a dog person until I actually got one. Had him for about 12 years now and I know I'm going to be devastated when his time comes. If you're not willing to put in the time and the responsibility that comes with it, don't do it. They are great, but it's an attachment that you will most likely out live. It's not for everyone, like children.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 If this is true then why wouldn’t “every dog with a collar [be] down to catch a slug?”

because animals have varying temperaments and there is no way to guarantee that all members of a given species will react to a stimulus in the same fashion.

...unless we're doing the whole "ten thousand rats" thing here?

A lot of folks in here ignoring the shared history between dogs/cats and people

Characterizing them as being the same as any other animal is disingenuous

we have a lot of the same relationship with horses as well as various delivery and warning birds. nobody brings them to the bookstore.

Last edited:
because animals have varying temperaments and there is no way to guarantee that all members of a given species will react to a stimulus in the same fashion.

...unless we're doing the whole "ten thousand rats" thing here?
This is true, I remember I had a tarantula run towards me while the other one went sideways. And insects are very primitive for the record.

If you die alone with a dog in your room he will eat you after several days

A cat will wait 1 day.

Back
Top Bottom