dogs are only okay.

So you agree that they MAY fight to defend their owner. Besides that, we see eye to eye on the gun situation, of course a dog will always run based on instincts.

So you agree that they MAY fight to defend their owner. Besides that, we see eye to eye on the gun situation, of course a dog will always run based on instincts.
I never denied that they would fight for their owner.

I argued the idea of them dying FOR their owner.

They CAN die while in a fight with a dog that disrespected their owner but once the FIGHT starts, it is no longer about the owner. It is dog vs dog

They CAN die while in a fight with a dog that disrespected their owner but once the FIGHT starts, it is no longer about the owner. It is dog vs dog
Dogs may run back in front of you multiple times when they "attack" other dogs. Some dogs even make a circle around their owner to maintain a perimeter.

You said earlier that dogs are attached to their owners because of us being their "servants"...their main source of sustenance

So if that's true and a dog is cognizant enough to realize that their affection toward humans will be beneficial to them, doesn't it make sense that they would be fighting to protect their food source instead of fighting to defend their canine pride?

You said earlier that dogs are attached to their owners because of us being their "servants"...their main source of sustenance

So if that's true and a dog is cognizant enough to realize that their affection toward humans will be beneficial to them, doesn't it make sense that they would be fighting to protect their food source instead of fighting to defend their canine pride?
Dogs (and humans) ARE attached to individuals that can do FOR them.

Dogs can fight to protect their human (and their own personal resources)
Dogs can fight to protect their human, and then the fight turns into a battle of pride (which a fight is).

Once the fight starts, it is no longer about the Human, it is about self-preservation

Gotta stop with the baseless statements man

"In 1992, at an American Academy of Forensic Sciences conference in New Orleans, a forensic pathologist told a haunting story: He explained that when people who live alone with their pets die unexpectedly, their bodies are sometimes left in the house for several days. Without their owners around to fill their bowls, the pets often go unfed. In cases where these people owned dogs, their pets would usually go several days without resorting to eating the owner’s body. However, a cat would only wait a day or two. The phenomenon is called “postmortem predation.”

"In 1992, at an American Academy of Forensic Sciences conference in New Orleans, a forensic pathologist told a haunting story: He explained that when people who live alone with their pets die unexpectedly, their bodies are sometimes left in the house for several days. Without their owners around to fill their bowls, the pets often go unfed. In cases where these people owned dogs, their pets would usually go several days without resorting to eating the owner’s body. However, a cat would only wait a day or two. The phenomenon is called “postmortem predation.”
Where is his evidence?

You don't think that lol

You think he's gonna show some respect and not eat you

I've had a dog and a cat.

I like animals. I believe we evolved from animals.

There's no static here my friend.

You don't think that lol

You think he's gonna show some respect and not eat you

I've had a dog and a cat.

I like animals. I believe we evolved from animals.

There's no static here my friend.
Yea, WE evolved animals because sitting and waiting for us to provide for them is evolution.

Yea, another instance of irrational human arrogance

Man I just finished watching this bootleg of Ready Player One and DC is still preaching?

What's the convo even about anymore?

Yea, WE evolved animals because sitting and waiting for us to provide for them is evolution.

Yea, another instance of irrational human arrogance

I could go on and continue this
But out of respect I will accept that I'm irrationally arrogant. That's fine.

But I respect that you take care of an animal.

We give them the best lives they could ever have.

Dogs (and humans) ARE attached to individuals that can do FOR them.

Dogs can fight to protect their human (and their own personal resources)
Dogs can fight to protect their human, and then the fight turns into a battle of pride (which a fight is).

Once the fight starts, it is no longer about the Human, it is about self-preservation

Are dogs capable of pride?

What about the cases of dogs defending their owners from bears or other animals that physically outclass them? Do you think those dogs are only motivated by a sense of self preservation?

Are dogs capable of pride?

What about the cases of dogs defending their owners from bears or other animals that physically outclass them? Do you think those dogs are only motivated by a sense of self preservation?
I think those dogs just have big balls, unlike raisin balls The Dwight Howard and the Justin Bieber.

But I believe dogs have pride/ego/things to prove.

Dogs that stand up to bears might simply think they can whoop the bear! And add that to defending their owners (which I have said they do at times), they are certainly taking a high risk.

In that case, they are motivated by losing easy food/shelter/life.

I think those dogs just have big balls, unlike raisin balls The Dwight Howard and the Justin Bieber.

But I believe dogs have pride/ego/things to prove.

Dogs that stand up to bears might simply think they can whoop the bear! And add that to defending their owners (which I have said they do at times), they are certainly taking a high risk.

In that case, they are motivated by losing easy food/shelter/life.
I'm not sure they think more deeply than face value in those situations. I have a hard time believing a dog is pondering what they'll lose as far as comforts.

I'm not sure they think more deeply than face value in those situations. I have a hard time believing a dog is pondering what they'll lose as far as comforts.
So you think a dog isn't smart enough to recognize that if that human gets injured, they (the dog) will potentially lose an easy life?

Wild how dumb we ASSUME animals are

Back
Top Bottom