DOM. KENNEDY - 25th Hour

Bite Me - I remember we wanted to use certain things and talk about certain stuff when making the cd, always throwing around the idea of using the mike eppsand talkin about what he talked about in this song, the beat was crazy making it, i had used the same drum beat using a sublime sample that's actuallystill in there, when i found the horns i just laid it on top of it and it was a wrap...

Who Rollin Wit Me- I always been a big bee gees fan or at least of that Saturday Night Fever album and i always wanted to slow down a sample instead ofspeeding it up, I did that and threw some weird %$$ sounds in to separate the hook from the verse and wanted the bass to be real long and thump in the car...itwas a perfect beat for his rapping style and once we recorded it and sat in the car we kinda looked at each other and knew we had sumthin, 1st video Idirected, this song definitely changed my life

Watermelon Sundae- My verse is a true story and was the second 16 I wrote for it, I wanted to tell an old school stevie wonder type story on this joint thatcould take ppl back to a real feeling of love in its simplest form...Defikon killed this beat btw, just murdered it

Back Around- I had always wanted to sample My Cheri Amor, and everybody who sampled always used the 'la la la' and i thought that was playedanyway....i had the "#%%+*$% wit the remy red send me bread gimme head.." part in my mind already and just built it around that...Dom heard my verseand had to go in and top me....to this day i still dont know how i layered all those hi-hats and kicks to go like that, sumtime when u making beats it justcomes together

Yesterday- I asked him not to do this because i thought it was gonna be real cliche, but it actually is one of my favorite tracks

In The Daytime- I actually had this beat for about a year and a half(i prolly made it about 3-4months b4 unbreakable came out, producers know that feelin ofhearing a sample on the radio if u used it first) b4 Dom even touched then he called me one day and said he had the song and that was it

Dreams Don't Come True - Song got me choked up when he was recording it, very personal joint, another beat i had laying around for I dont know how long,our engineer was making fun of us for using the sample (you are my starship), I guess the guy was gay

Whole City On It - Definitely had to convince him to put this on the cd, real funny and catchy

Tennishoes- this was an idea we talked about at the very beginning of making the cd, I asked him what he thought about me taking the horns from UNITY, he didntreally say no so i did it in prolly like 15-20 minutes, we did the song and just knew what it was from jump. It was sumthin that's been true to us forforever and to see people respond to that really meant sumthin...this was the first song that when we perofrmed i saw people that knew the words

Still Lookin - This is how i first got introduced to defikon, i wasnt against dom using other ppl beats as long as they were on point and this definitely mademe wanna step my beat game up...songwise its one of if not the best on the CD to me

Runnin Out - i just thought it would be a great way to close out a CD, my last verse got cut on this, maybe it'll resurface sumday

Come Back Home- Overall my favorite song for a lotta reasons, i love LA, i Love the ppl on this song, and its just so smooth, its one of those songs u can playover and over, and when raquel came in wit the hook after the 3rd verse it gave me the chills

sumtime when u making beats it just comes together
yup... it's like you're in a different world after you get up and walk away for a beat for a min... come back to the beat and you in thatzone again.

can't wait to make more music in the future. i got your contact so like i told you before just expect beats to be left in your inbox.. kinda been busy withschool lately so it's been slow but no worries they comin...

beat for tennishoes is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

loving the mixtape overall, can't wait for more material

I remember I saw DOM outside a laker game. Coo dude I said wassup and started singing who rollin wit me and he looked shocked as hell lol but keep doin whatyou doin yo.

Who rollin wit me
pimp.gif
Song hits home, he recorded the vid right by my house.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I remember I saw DOM outside a laker game. Coo dude I said wassup and started singing who rollin wit me and he looked shocked as hell lol but keep doin what you doin yo.

Who rollin wit me
pimp.gif
Song hits home, he recorded the vid right by my house.

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

that was you?? wasn't it 2 of yall?

whole album is audio crack! its everything i thought it would be and more. even the features are well incorporated. dom, know i been waiting for a year!

my fav's watermelon sundae, still looking, bite me (I love this!) whole city on it, come back home, yesterday, in the daytime, runnin out...(lol prettymuch the whole album) the other joints are coo nothing to skip, u kno! it's good to see some true lyrical content from LA IMO a lot of those are alreadyradio friendly too! I think you'll be able to touch the nation with that voice dom! one more tidbit...why u didnt put u put xes on there? i mean i kno u afeature...but your verse goes hard. anyways congrats. i support u 1 hunit!

Been bumpin' this joint on the commute to class ever since I downloaded it.

In the Daytime is my favorite song on there. Just so smooth.

It was well worth the wait, Dom.

been bumping this in the whip for the last couple days...everyone whos been in the car has asked for copies
pimp.gif
its just perfect cali sunny daydriving/chillin/BBQ music

good %%## dom

"Ha , ain't really a babe that can stop me .
My *$*$ be , in her rib cage like it's Rocky .
I'm probably , the best Kennedy after Bobby .
... with my hands behind my head like it's a robbery ."

roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I love that part my _ .

definitely feeling the mixtape.
i love the laid back vibe it has.
and the Notorious D.O.M. vid is dope too.

btw nice Supreme Blazers.

d/ln right now as we speak, heard a from joints from the myspace and was def feelin the vibe.

n_'s treatin music like we back in the 80's ... bringin back that crack I see
glasses.gif

DOM ... gotta lemme do a track for the mixtape homeboy
smokin.gif
.. sup withthe tees ?? krispy logo !!

pifferefic beats [rick ross] "dont be scared" [rick ross] ... ~~~>>> http://myspace.com/deadfamousbeatpusha

I see all yall who said they got beats, I listen to beats daily... this is my job.

hit me up and I will shoot you my email.

Come Back Home is my #!$$ right now...its already got a good 20-25 plays on my iTunes lol.

Let me know about those shirts too, I'm tryin to spread the word

Is this CD really good and has replay value? Or are you just saying it's good because he's a fellow NT'er?

Originally Posted by Indy Sole

Is this CD really good and has replay value? Or are you just saying it's good because he's a fellow NT'er?
No, it's actually good

my dude was bumpin it in the whip last week and i asked him who it was.
he said "u wouldnt know him. Dom Kennedy"

i just
laugh.gif
at him and was like ok.

btw, who rollin with me is a jam. it's the only song i can remember but im bout to dl it right now.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Originally Posted by RhymeSik

Originally Posted by Indy Sole

No, it's actually good

Since when have NTers ever gave someone a pass for just being on NT?
If your shh is weak, You gon' get torn apart...
laugh.gif

If it's
pimp.gif
then N's is gon'
pimp.gif

Dom put together a solid @ss album.

laugh.gif
. . true story, son probably hasn't been in general inthe CHECK MY NEW CLOTHING LINE!!! threads.

Back
Top Bottom