Don't post in this thread. Find the official gta V thread. K thx

They just confiirmed it last night. Game will for sure be set in Boston and parts of Tokyo.

[h1]GTA V is official - But is it set in real-world LA?[/h1] [h2]Evidence mounts that Rockstar could be about to make a switch to reality...[/h2]

Grand Theft Auto V has been officially announced by Rockstar this afternoon, with industry whispers continuing to suggest that the fifth open-world instalment could be set to make the switch to a real-world city - specifically, Los Angeles.
Evidence from as far back as last December suggests that GTA V is being codenamed 'Rush' and features characters including a "Welsh monk/cult leader/yoga teacher", a "weed evangelist", a "swinger" and - top of the pops - "an ugly but comfortable mellow Californian divorcee".

Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?

Alongside the loud-mouthed actor/comic Gilbert Gottfried - himself an L.A resident - CVG has heard whispers of "ridiculous" voice talent for GTA V, with even Robert De Niro being muttered as a possible candidate.

There's also chatter that Rockstar could be set to show off a living, breathing Los Angeles as the location for the next instalment - landmarks and all.

The title provided an impressive, open-world environment for players to roam freely in and, perhaps, the perfect map to build a 2011 blockbuster on.

GTA 5's official 'V' logo - which looks more than a little bit like a US bank note - also seems to back up rumors that the next game will feature themes of global recession, yet another suggestion that Rockstar could be taking a step towards the real world.

There's only a week to wait for the GTA 5 trailer and when all is revealed. Keep your eyes on these pages...

hmmmmm....interesting...
pimp.gif
De Niro, if true. I remember Ray Liotta was dope sauce in VC

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

March/April 2012 would make perfect sense.
nah Max Payne comes out that same time... Rockstar usually doesn't ship two big games the same year much less that close together... It'll probably come early 4th quarter next year and be the final big game for this gen

Originally Posted by Freeze

[h1] GTA V is official - But is it set in real-world LA?[/h1] [h2]Evidence mounts that Rockstar could be about to make a switch to reality...[/h2]

Grand Theft Auto V has been officially announced by Rockstar this afternoon, with industry whispers continuing to suggest that the fifth open-world instalment could be set to make the switch to a real-world city - specifically, Los Angeles.
Evidence from as far back as last December suggests that GTA V is being codenamed 'Rush' and features characters including a "Welsh monk/cult leader/yoga teacher", a "weed evangelist", a "swinger" and - top of the pops - "an ugly but comfortable mellow Californian divorcee".

Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?

Alongside the loud-mouthed actor/comic Gilbert Gottfried - himself an L.A resident - CVG has heard whispers of "ridiculous" voice talent for GTA V, with even Robert De Niro being muttered as a possible candidate.

There's also chatter that Rockstar could be set to show off a living, breathing Los Angeles as the location for the next instalment - landmarks and all.

The title provided an impressive, open-world environment for players to roam freely in and, perhaps, the perfect map to build a 2011 blockbuster on.

GTA 5's official 'V' logo - which looks more than a little bit like a US bank note - also seems to back up rumors that the next game will feature themes of global recession, yet another suggestion that Rockstar could be taking a step towards the real world.

There's only a week to wait for the GTA 5 trailer and when all is revealed. Keep your eyes on these pages...

hmmmmm....interesting...
pimp.gif
De Niro, if true. I remember Ray Liotta was dope sauce in VC
I have a hard time believing R* is going to go all out and spend a ton of $$$ on A list actors to voice over work for GTA V's characters.
Here's why. Check out what Dan Houser said in a recent interview with Gamespot on this subject:
GS:Why has the series shied away from using celebrity voice actors?

DH:Two reasons, one practical. It used to be that we could get a famous actor in for a day or two, or even for a big part four or five days, and do all of the voice work needed. On PS2-era graphics, that gave us decent results. Now we don't really have a difference between our animation process and our voice-overs. When people use the words "voice acting" now, it doesn't really make sense to me. There's no voice acting. There's acting, now. Their movement and their voice are the same thing done at the same time. There is no difference between the two.

By the end of San Andreas, we were getting better results with non-famous actors. One of the actors playing a part stormed out. Not famous, but a minor C- or D-list actor. He stormed out because he didn't like the fact that the character was gay, or in his mind was gay. I liked the guy who'd done the mo-cap [for the character], so we just used him. And we got a brilliant result. He feels a lot more like the movement and the voice. They feel a lot more integrated. Once we moved to high-definition, that became a lot more important.

Another reason is that for the PS2-era games, we were aspiring to something that felt like you were in your own movie or your own TV show. Now we're able to get things that feel a bit beyond that, and having the famous people really distracts you. Now if we have famous people, they tend to be playing themselves.
Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6341347/dan-houser-opens-up-about-grand-theft-auto-iii

Based on the 'Rush' info, sounds like California.

I'm gonna stick with Vice City, though. The order's always been 1. Libery City 2. Vice City 3. San Andreas since GTA1, if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

.C.? Really? Would it really have that much of a global appeal? Hell, even in U.S., so many people associate D.C. with the White House and that's it. I certainly wouldn't be crazy about it being set there. If it doesn't go back to L.A. or Miami, then it should really be either London, Paris or Tokyo. However, judging by the "V" on the promotional graphic and considering it looks like it comes from American currency, it looks like it will be set in U.S. again. So I would rather have it in Chicago than D.C... or Boston. They could also make it the darkest GTA yet by setting it in modern Detroit.

if in D.C
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm saying though. He's not hip 
pimp.gif

thanks @seasoned vet. hahaha that superman joint is kind of live lmaoo. there was another one on there, dude made dinosaurs and put them in sanandreas. #$@%$ was just walking around and he was taking pictures lmaoo.

@Mr J 358, yea that makes sense for them not to use voice actors. plus some of them can definitely be divas and be expecting all kinds of treatment. it was dope for Ray to voice Tommy tho. and Sam Jack to do Tenpenny you gotta admit tho.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I found the order of the GTA series to be weird.
Vice City

San Andreas

III

IV

But it makes sense now.

But as for V 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree on the next year thing, it won't be released next year, too much hype around Max Payne 3.
Why ? III released and then Vice City then San Andreas . IV dropped then Lost And The Damned followed by Ballad Of Gay Tony .

in fact now that I think abut it....that logo could be a shot at Saints row. It's damn near the exact same font they use. It could be like saying...yea you're dropping your game...but we're still that top dog.

Originally Posted by Freeze

thanks @seasoned vet. hahaha that superman joint is kind of live lmaoo. there was another one on there, dude made dinosaurs and put them in sanandreas. #$@%$ was just walking around and he was taking pictures lmaoo.

@Mr J 358, yea that makes sense for them not to use voice actors. plus some of them can definitely be divas and be expecting all kinds of treatment. it was dope for Ray to voice Tommy tho. and Sam Jack to do Tenpenny you gotta admit tho.
Yeah the actors & actresses they managed to get to do the voice over work for GTA Vice City was just 
eek.gif
. It's just another reason why GTA Vice City is still my favorite out of all of the GTA and one of my favorite games of all time.
I read something though R* will never work with Ray Liotta again because he talked crap and complained about how much R* paid for doing the voice over work for Tommy Vercetti.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I found the order of the GTA series to be weird.
Vice City

San Andreas

III

IV

But it makes sense now.

But as for V 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree on the next year thing, it won't be released next year, too much hype around Max Payne 3.
Why ? III released and then Vice City then San Andreas . IV dropped then Lost And The Damned followed by Ballad Of Gay Tony .
That's the order of the story dude.
Vice City was set in the 80's

San Andreas was set in '92

III was set in 2001

and IV was set in 2008

That Superman one looks mad fun. I wish I had the computer saavy to do what it takes to play that on my computer haha. Too lazy though.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Is this only coming out for xbox?
No !
None of the past GTA games have been exclusive to only 1 console before.

There have been time based exclusive releases where the PS2 era GTA games got GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas released on PS2  first. And GTA IV's DLC episodes were time based exclusive where XBOX 360 got it first.

Back
Top Bottom