-[ DON'T STOP BELIEVINGGGGGGGG (colts vs bolts) ]-

When you have weapons like that you should win rings. Brady has potentially 3 pro-bowl receivers and he's putting up better numbers than Manning ever did (at this time).
^ You my friend are absolutely....CORRECT. I did not want to say this because I swore I was done with comparing these two...and because no onetakes my Brady arguements seriously since I'm a big fan of Brady. But you nailed it on the head.

Your right that "Branch wasn't no horrible receiver" but he's no Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Clark, or Stokley.

When you have weapons like that you should win rings.

Says who? Your not guaranteed ANYTHING regardless of the talent you have, its all about every player being on the same page and playing well during theplayoffs (and sometimes even a little luck, word to the Pats/Oakland during the blizzard). Defense wins you championships, not offense, and the Patriots havehad a dominant defense for the past several years now.

The Manning> Brady or Brady > Manning argument is old, both are in an elite level of their own right now.

Yeah yeah...

When Brady was winning, their offensive threat was not what everyone was talking about. It was their defense.

If Brady doesn't win with all of these offensive weapons, then what?

Mez

I agree that the Pats have had a dominant defense over the years but Brady never choked like Manning in the playoffs.

Believe or not the Colts defense in the playoffs for the past few years have been stellar.

Last year it was the Colts defense and running game that really was the MVP of the playoffs.

Brady never had the weapons that Manning had until now...

Just stop with personnel excuses. Other qb's don't get the "extreme" benefit of the doubt compared to Manning.

Tonio Cromartie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You forgot the game against the broncos ? Bailey running down the sideline...
^ Probably one of the most painful games I've seen. And I don't expect Tom to win a superbowl every year of his career. I also do remembertwo game winning drives that he led down the field to WIN two of his three superbowls. I do remember him doing those things with a supporting cast which wasworthless compared to Harrison/Wayne/Stokley/Edgerrin James.

Not saying that means Brady is better, just saying you can't pick ONE game to judge someone on. And before you say it, I'm not judging Manning on lastnights game, last weeks game, or any single game.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ Probably one of the most painful games I've seen. And I don't expect Tom to win a superbowl every year of his career. I also do remember two game winning drives that he led down the field to WIN two of his three superbowls. I do remember him doing those things with a supporting cast which was worthless compared to Harrison/Wayne/Stokley/Edgerrin James.

Not saying that means Brady is better, just saying you can't pick ONE game to judge someone on. And before you say it, I'm not judging Manning on last nights game, last weeks game, or any single game.

...and how are they playing now?
laugh.gif

...and how are they playing now?
laugh.gif

^ I'll give you Stokley but Edge is on pace for 1000+ yards and about 9 TD's...so thats not too bad. But I mean how are Deion Branch,David Patten, David Givens, Troy Brown, Antowain Smith, Marc Edwatds, and Daniel Graham doing now. (I'm sure some of you went "who?" a coupletimes.) No one on that list compares to Wayne or Harrison or even Edge. Those three were def. a cut above anyone on the Pats.

...still win games on both sides of the ball.

Now that he finally has that, he shouldn't have an excuse to not win the SB. We'll see how it plays out.

Cop out? That was my inital point.

But since I'm copping out...Patten produced good numbers for you guys with the exception of one injury year. Troy Brown was no scrub. He just startedgetting old. Antowain Smith went over 1000 yards his first season for you guys, nearly 1000 the next, and was injured some of the 3rd but still capable of 642for 13 games. Petey Pablo rushed 1600+ yards for you guys in 2004...his best offensive season ever. Maroney doesn't suck. I didn't look up all of theseguys but they weren't scrubs. They produced numbers. The reason why the Patriots are forever changing their receivers and other components of their offenseis because they have a low tolerance for mistakes. You guys are putting Tom Brady in the same scenario as AI and the 76ers or LeBron and the Cavs. Dudehasn't done it all by himself like you are making it out to be. But, Manning is not just as good as who hehas...or doesn't have...on the field. Time and time again, we've seen guys make names for themselves on our offense, leave, and do nothing.

But since I'm copping out...Patten produced good numbers for you guys with the exception of one injury year. Troy Brown was no scrub. He just started getting old. Antowain Smith went over 1000 yards his first season for you guys, nearly 1000 the next, and was injured some of the 3rd but still capable of 642 for 13 games. Petey Pablo rushed 1600+ yards for you guys in 2004...his best offensive season ever. Maroney doesn't suck. I didn't look up all of these guys but they weren't scrubs. They produced numbers. You guys are putting Tom Brady in the same scenario as AI and the 76ers or LeBron and the Cavs. Dude hasn't done it all by himself like you are making it out to be. But, Manning is not just as good as who he has...or doesn't have...on the field. Time and time again, we've seen guys make names for themselves on our offense, leave, and do nothing.
^ yeah but you said something along the lines of where are those guys now with respect to Stokley and James...so I was simply saying, where arePatten, Brown, etc now? That's all. And, we didnt have Maroney for the Superbowl runs, so you can take him out of your arguement. So you're saying thatManning turns normal players into great players? I will agree with that partly. But I think Brady does the same thing (Branch, Welker, etc.). I just think,offensively, when Brady won his three superbowls, he didnt have the fire power Manning had last year. The defenses were both pretty damn solid when both teamswon.

And you're right...Manning isn't just as good as his supporting cast. He is a great QB. I am not arguing that point at all.

And, we didnt have Maroney for the Superbowl runs, so you can take him out of your arguement.
Everyone keeps saying that Brady hasn't had offensive weapons until this season. That's just wrong to say.

Correction...He hasn't had an elite offense...well at least elite receivers...until this season.

Correction...He hasn't had an elite offense...well at least elite receivers...until this season.
^ Agreed....well you must mean elite RECEIVER...cause Welker and Stallworth aren't probowl caliber (at least not in the minds of most NTers).

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ Probably one of the most painful games I've seen. And I don't expect Tom to win a superbowl every year of his career. I also do remember two game winning drives that he led down the field to WIN two of his three superbowls. I do remember him doing those things with a supporting cast which was worthless compared to Harrison/Wayne/Stokley/Edgerrin James.

Not saying that means Brady is better, just saying you can't pick ONE game to judge someone on. And before you say it, I'm not judging Manning on last nights game, last weeks game, or any single game.

Im not judging him for that, but EvanST said he NEVER choked.

WOW! AGAIN! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly Game. Cromartie is a Monster, progressing quite nicely. Was at the game, and every Charger fan was shatting bricks when AV cam outfor that last kick. All of them talking about how that missed EP in the first half could lose them the game. It would have been pretty hard to lose a game thatthe other team made mistake after mistake and kept handing them back the ball. But they were able to do just enough and got an good win over a good team. Socrucial for the Chargers though. Congrats!

EVERY big play that the Chargers COULD have made in the game, they made. Colts just didn't. Peyton threw the ball almost 60 times, had 300 yards, and 6picks.
smh.gif
Bolts scored 1 offensive TD in the game, and were completely shut out in the second half, while having good field position ALL NIGHT. Rivers threwfor 100 yards and 2 picks. Colts were beaten on Special Teams though. Coverage teams didn't tackle anybody, return teams didn't block anybody.Vinatieri missed 2 FGs that he don't miss. Sproles scores 2 TD on returns in the 1st Q? LOL Neither team really got anything from their running game, bothDs were huge all night. Hopefully turns the season around, though they don't seem to buy it, or NORV. But what the hell has Norv done with Michael Turner?That 2-back system that seemed to work for everybody last year. He's in lust with the pass, and has a running team. Play to your TEAM'S strengths,Norv...

At the end of the day, Colts are 7-2, and the rest of our games (in division) are at the crib, plus KC at home, @ ATL, @ BAL and @ OAK.

And why does every Colt or Pat related thread ALWAYS come back to whose better between Brady or Manning? LOL I'm gonna leave it AL1...

roll.gif
@ DeadsetAce

Theres always a bum assPatriots fan postin in EVERY thread when the Colts lose to talk ##+%...No one cares about the%*+$@%% Patriots...

At the end of the day Colts>Patriots

Vinnafaggie Missed 4 Field Goals in 2 games...and if he would have made those 4 we could still be undefeated
indifferent.gif

And who has the Patriots even played Good besides the Colts? Every team they played they put up around 35 pts...The Colts Defense held them to under theirseason avg....

Originally Posted by JordanKingIV

Theres always a bum assPatriots fan postin in EVERY thread when the Colts lose to talk ##+%...No one cares about the%*+$@%% Patriots...

Vinnafaggie Missed 4 Field Goals in 2 games...and if he would have made those 4 we could still be undefeated
indifferent.gif

And who has the Patriots even played Good besides the Colts? Every team they played they put up around 35 pts...The Colts Defense held them to under their season avg....

This topic was about the Colts vs Bolts. You sound like nothing more than a salty Colts fan. You must be high with that response you typed
smh.gif

Ok im salty,why wouldnt I be? We got cheated out of that win..I dont care.

And I know this thread is about the Colts and Chargers...If you look at the last page someone bought up the Patriots
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wow. Jose Cortez entered Vinateri's body last night I see ...Can't believe he missed that FG
eek.gif

Memo to John Madden and Al Michaels - It is possible to actually criticize Peyton Manning on a throw.

indifferent.gif

And who has the Patriots even played Good besides the Colts? Every team they played they put up around 35 pts...The Colts Defense held them to under their season avg....
^ wow do you even watch football games? or do you just look at stat lines and sportscenter highlights. i don't even feel the need to discusswhy my pats are better than your colts right now. wow. i cant believe what i just read. get off the internet and watch some football before you bring thatignorance into this forum. i think most of your colt fans would agree that right now the Pats are better. i mean we did BEAT YOU ON YOUR OWN TURF. you shouldntbe playing the "if this then we could be" game unless you want to discredit your superbowl victory last year....you should never make excuses likethat.

Back
Top Bottom