Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Appreciation.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Malcolm X deserves his own day

Never willl happen, he was too real Martin was the "acceptable Negro" so they gave him his own day.

Appreciated but gotta give it to the man who started the whole idea of nonviolence and equality among men
11j2995.jpg

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Appreciated but gotta give it to the man who started the whole idea of nonviolence and equality among men
11j2995.jpg

I am in no means trying to be nit picky but He did NOT originate any idea of Non-violence

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I heard Ghandi was racist.

Sooo...

I don't know if I mess with him like that.

I would look into in it more because I have never heard that before but it could be true. Ghandi's affect was undeniable upon MLK but there is no reason tobring up his name as when you do that, it takes away from the point of the topic, MLK, who was equally special since then. Two men who were not politicalleaders who changed the world. I think it is time we do that ourselves, and instead of relying on politicians, start being pro-active like our parents, orgrandparents were. But I have confidence America will be in good hands with Obama.

I heard Ghandi was racist.

Sooo...

I don't know if I mess with him like that.
i unno about that. never heard it before and i've studied his diaries,documents, biographies, character analysis to do death.
but to each his own theory and opinion.
back to MLK. cant believe the coincidence of the inauguration the day after

Check this out then if you're up to it.

I'll leave it at that tho.
i dunno how accurate that is. the caste system was not based on color. it was based on your role in society...

im not arguing whether or not it was right or wrong. clearly it was wrong. but it was not based on race or skin color...

Why _'s bringing up Ghandi ? This ain't got $%%+ to do with him . It ain't Ghandi Day .

indifferent.gif

after reading about 5 paragraphs, that site is an absolute joke. Gandhi deserves his own thread at a different time though. For now, let us allcommemorate the great works in the spirit of nonviolence and cooperation that the great Dr. Kind accomplished personally in his time and has inspired sincethen. Truly a great man. Having had the opportunity to read many of his thoughts not available ot the public (We have the Kind Institute papers project oncampus) and being able to speak with his former lawyer abotu him as a man, he was truly a great individual. In no way was he perfect, but he acknowledged hisshortcomings and the world would be better off with more people like him.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Why _'s bringing up Ghandi ? This ain't got $%%+ to do with him . It ain't Ghandi Day .

indifferent.gif

It ain't MLK Day yet either, take it easy. We can still discuss Ghandi for another 1.6 hours.

Originally Posted by curt2121

after reading about 5 paragraphs, that site is an absolute joke. Gandhi deserves his own thread at a different time though. For now, let us all commemorate the great works in the spirit of nonviolence and cooperation that the great Dr. Kind accomplished personally in his time and has inspired since then. Truly a great man. Having had the opportunity to read many of his thoughts not available ot the public (We have the Kind Institute papers project on campus) and being able to speak with his former lawyer abotu him as a man, he was truly a great individual. In no way was he perfect, but he acknowledged his shortcomings and the world would be better off with more people like him.
well put

mlk is appreciated

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by Kneesh

indifferent.gif

It ain't MLK Day yet either, take it easy. We can still discuss Ghandi for another 1.6 hours.
wow my fault. just wanted to add that he gave him inspiration but didn't want to offend anyone.
as poster above me says "take it easy"

His dream's not been truly realized yet... but we're getting there. Definitely appreciated
pimp.gif

Word thats a great, great man.
Im not even African American and i look up to him. Just the things he did and uniting all races is a great thing.
Imagine if it wasn't for him stepping up in the world, where would we be now?

Back
Top Bottom