Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Appreciation.

Yea, It's funny because...Why were they spying on him as if he was a threat...

A threat to what? White dominance?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by dropKicks

Something i stumbled
pimp.gif
.. Moss deff appreciated

I'm sorry, I find that disrespectful to compare the two men. They are just two completly different people, and to say that Obama has done anything as close as important to what MLK did is just not right.

How's the picture comparing them?

Barack 0drama wrote:

smh.gif

Nah, a threat to social order.

MLK Jr is appreciated to the fullest. One of the few men who has changed the country in such a monumental way. Sad he was taken short of seeing hisaccomplishments with his own eyes.

Originally Posted by sneakersruinedme

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I R Andre wrote:
CIA had audio tapes of him cheating on his wife frequently.

Something Malcolm X never did
pimp.gif

ok. he's not perfect homie. he's just as human as you and i.

QFT....Couldn't have said it better myself.

But MLK is most definitely appreciated.
pimp.gif

Something i stumbled
pimp.gif
.. Moss deff appreciated

I'm sorry, I find that disrespectful to compare the two men. They are just two completly different people, and to say that Obama has done anything as close as important to what MLK did is just not right.

I don't think its bein disrespectful, It can be taken many different ways, its not necessarily comparin them, i sorta look at it as he opened the door forhim and in that picture its shows him shadowin almost like he's looking at whats next to be done. If anything the picture just exemplifies how farwe've come as a nation

Originally Posted by iBlink

Barack 0drama wrote:

smh.gif

Which was white superiority/dominance at the time...no?

Changing the status quo...Which was White/Negro water fountains, Sitting at the back of the bus etc. Negroes "knowing their place" in general. Theirwas a lot of whites who didn't want to let go of that at the time.

I can see how Malcolm could be a threat to social order, Because he was an advocate of violence and taking your rightsby force if necessary. Dr. King was a patient man who was willing to wait as long as it took for his people to be given the equal right they deserved.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Something i stumbled
pimp.gif
.. Moss deff appreciated

I don't think its bein disrespectful, It can be taken many different ways, its not necessarily comparin them, i sorta look at it as he opened the door for him and in that picture its shows him shadowin almost like he's looking at whats next to be done. If anything the picture just exemplifies how far we've come as a nation
[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]I always took it as King day dreaming... and Obama being thatvision...[/color]
pimp.gif

Barack 0drama wrote:

Barack 0drama wrote:

smh.gif

Changing the status quo...Which was White/Negro water fountains, Sitting at the back of the bus etc. Negroes "knowing their place" in general. Their was a lot of whites who didn't want to let go of that at the time.

I can see how Malcolm could be a threat to social order, Because he was an advocate of violence and taking your rights by force if necessary. Dr. King was a patient man who was willing to wait as long as it took for his people to be given the equal right they deserved.

Dude I was agreeing with you. Social order was the term used to sugar coat the real motives of the people in power at the time.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Something i stumbled
pimp.gif
.. Moss deff appreciated

I don't think its bein disrespectful, It can be taken many different ways, its not necessarily comparin them, i sorta look at it as he opened the door for him and in that picture its shows him shadowin almost like he's looking at whats next to be done. If anything the picture just exemplifies how far we've come as a nation
Agreed

IMO . The image just exemplifies King's dream of African Americans moving past a social barrier to achieve greater heights. The way Obama is in theforefront of the picture with king in the back, just demonstrates how Obama is moving forward with the words and ideals of Dr.King backing him.

To each his own though.

Barack 0drama wrote:

Barack 0drama wrote:

smh.gif

Changing the status quo...Which was White/Negro water fountains, Sitting at the back of the bus etc. Negroes "knowing their place" in general. Their was a lot of whites who didn't want to let go of that at the time.

I can see how Malcolm could be a threat to social order, Because he was an advocate of violence and taking your rights by force if necessary. Dr. King was a patient man who was willing to wait as long as it took for his people to be given the equal right they deserved.

Dude I was agreeing with you. Social order was the term used to sugar coat the real motives of the people in power at the time.

Oh ok...
laugh.gif

hmmm

I had a black friend who hated MLK for a number of reasons

-he cheated on his wife numerous times

-hewanted to hide the fact that he cheated on his wife by doing favors for the black mailers

- he didn't write his own speeches

- he "sold out"

I don't know what to believe anymore

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

hmmm

I had a black friend who hated MLK for a number of reasons

-he cheated on his wife numerous times

-hewanted to hide the fact that he cheated on his wife by doing favors for the black mailers

- he didn't write his own speeches

- he "sold out"

I don't know what to believe anymore

Who writes there own speeches?

Obama?
Clinton?
Bush?

laugh.gif

Cmon now. This is 2009.

Cheating on his wife in my eyes does not negate the good MLK has done for this country. MLK has a human being, not God.

If anyone is a sell-out, it's your friend.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Barack 0drama wrote:

smh.gif

I don't think that if you asked Malcolm X if that was his interpretation of his views he'd agree. His belief, as is mine, is that inAmerica the rights of every citizen are inherent at birth, and cannot be removed or belittled by others. He would probably define it as maintaining your rights, as they are permanent.

Neither does he advocate violence. He defined it as thus:

"I think there are plenty of good people in America, but there are also plenty of bad people in America and the bad ones are the ones who seem to have allthe power and be in these positions to block things that you and I need. Because this is the situation, you and I have to preserve the right to do what isnecessary to bring an end to that situation, and it doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time I am not against using violence inself-defense. I don't even call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

YO!

21otzqw.jpg

Dr. King is the fourth person from the left. He was initiated at Sigma Chapter , Boston Metro chapter while he was a graduate student at BostonUniversity.

"I can remember those days , very dark days, when many of us confronted a trial in court and I could look out and see our very eminent GeneralPresident.

That made me feel good as an Alpha-man and I want to thank you for what you have done all along."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

pimp.gif

And I spy some "clowns" in this thread.

DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom