Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Appreciation.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

11rxi0m.jpg

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Word was that J. Edgar Hoover wanted him dead...
smh.gif

So did JFK. Who do you think ordered the wire-taps? MLK was accused of Communist ties. (his closest aides were in the US Communist party)

Props to MLK for being a Republican and what he did for human rights not only for Blacks but for other minorities i.e people with disabilities.
Spying on a citizen is one thing, but it's unfair to say that JFK wanted him dead as well, considering the liberal record he was known for.

It's unfair to say that? If only some of ya'll knew the REAL Kennedy was. If some of ya'll knew history, you would know that Kennedy voted AGAINSTthe Civil Rights Act of 1957 which allowed Blacks to vote. It is well documented that Kennedy was a racist and a anti-semite. Kennedy did want him dead becauseKennedy hated Communists and there was a belief that King was one and Kennedy was out for his own agenda, wanting to put himself on a pedastil because he wasthen president and HE wanted to end segregation.

Kennedy bribed King with "tax free voter registration" so King would not critisize his policies in the marchs of 1963. LB johnson was a knownsegregationist, that's why JFK chose him, because he needed the South vote. Reason for that was most Democrats were AGAINST the Civil Rights. Dont believeme? Look at the voting record of the Dems/GOP on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

He could have easily been Dean Martin King, PhD. of Moorehouse college, but he chose to dedicate his life's cause to his people.
Dr. King is the definition of a leader. Though he was oppressed, he still loved every individual and loved his country. He brought both Blacks and Whitestogether to take real action against racial inequality, and he did it nonviolently. He didn't attack theoppressors, he attacked the system. Many thanks Dr. King.

If some of ya'll knew history, you would know that Kennedy voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act of 1957 which allowed Blacks to vote.
If you knew history, you would know that blacks could vote prior to the act.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

If some of ya'll knew history, you would know that Kennedy voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act of 1957 which allowed Blacks to vote.
If you knew history, you would know that blacks could vote prior to the act.

I didn't say that they weren't voting. The act SECURED their right to vote.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Word was that J. Edgar Hoover wanted him dead...
smh.gif

So did JFK. Who do you think ordered the wire-taps? MLK was accused of Communist ties. (his closest aides were in the US Communist party)

Props to MLK for being a Republican and what he did for human rights not only for Blacks but for other minorities i.e people with disabilities.
Spying on a citizen is one thing, but it's unfair to say that JFK wanted him dead as well, considering the liberal record he was known for.

It's unfair to say that? If only some of ya'll knew the REAL Kennedy was. If some of ya'll knew history, you would know that Kennedy voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act of 1957 which allowed Blacks to vote. It is well documented that Kennedy was a racist and a anti-semite. Kennedy did want him dead because Kennedy hated Communists and there was a belief that King was one and Kennedy was out for his own agenda, wanting to put himself on a pedastil because he was then president and HE wanted to end segregation.

Kennedy bribed King with "tax free voter registration" so King would not critisize his policies in the marchs of 1963. LB johnson was a known segregationist, that's why JFK chose him, because he needed the South vote. Reason for that was most Democrats were AGAINST the Civil Rights. Dont believe me? Look at the voting record of the Dems/GOP on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Honestly, that whole bit sounds like speculation to me, but maybe if you gave some credible links or named journalists/researchers who have madethese claims I'd be more inclined to believe.

(Obviously, I don't mean the voting records or other simple facts, but the claims that Kennedy was a 'racist and anti-semite.')

He is greatly appreciated, not only is he my frat brother but he is one of the head figures in the black community. I thank him for his courage and his visionof what this country can become.

Back
Top Bottom