Dressing Better Vol 2.0

God no :lol:

Some things aren't meant for Dressing Better IMO. Containing your lunch is one of them.

Something that you have to carry around on a commute on public transportation could be seen as an accessory to your outfit...

I just use a plastic grocery bag though :lol:

Hey fellas, just wanted to let y'all know I got that internship at Lockheed Martin!

congrats and good luck.

Big companies treat interns very well. they are really pushing hard to acquire the top talent out of these universities and the best way is throw money at them first and then make them slave away once they are in.

I can see that happening unfortunately. One of the reasons I'd say government jobs > corporate jobs (not always valid of course...)

Lots of employees in this thread, but are there any business owners?
Girlslovewaffles owns a food truck.

I'm still looking around. Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur because they think it'll lead to wealth. Most fail and work long hours in the process, a big jump from getting a steady paycheck.

Something that you have to carry around on a commute on public transportation could be seen as an accessory to your outfit...

I just use a plastic grocery bag though :lol:

Nah I hear yah on that. However, that metal tin RFX posted seems way over the top to hold to a daily lunch meal, even though it's designed for that purpose.

I'll brown paper bag it personally :lol:

My wife has her own business, whereas I work for an accounting firm.

In my down time, I help her where I can. It's been great seeing the development over the course of 3 years. However, as a family, we're thankful for my steady paycheck that's allowed her to take on risk.

Lots of employees in this thread, but are there any business owners?

In the process of starting my own real estate firm. Been doing it as a side hussle for years. Own a mobile detailing company in SanDawg (Coronado Island), will be giving that to my daughter once she is old enough. She's 11, hoping to let her have it when shes 15.

Last edited:
In the process of starting my own real estate firm. Been doing it as a side hussle for years. Own a mobile detailing company in SanDawg (Coronado Island), will be giving that to my daughter once she is old enough. She's 11, hoping to let her have it when shes 15.
Going off of what you have said in this thread over time, it can be inferred your dad has connections in Houston. I'd leverage that if I were in your position. Good luck in your endeavors.

Going off of what you have said in this thread over time, it can be inferred your dad has connections in Houston. I'd leverage that if I were in your position. Good luck in your endeavors.

Yeah I know everyone he knows. They've known me as since I was a child. Funny cause some of them have tried to pawn their privledge daughters on me. Never could do it, I knew I wanted to go into real estate when I saw my pops removated his first set of crack houses and saw his influence in the community. He built a $3 mill. office building in crack alley in 3rd ward. The conditions are deplorable outside his gates. Someone broke into his building, he walked into a crack house asked who did it, hour later crackheads brought two middle school boys to his front door. Pops gave the boys jobs.

Pics I took as a child in one of the crack houses before he renovated. Funny as a child I knew what those needles were used to shoot crack.

Last edited:

Allen Edmonds 'Leeds'
Said why not for $10 at the rack. Only problem is that they are a 9.5 narrow. Was stretching it out all day during work yesterday and picked up after my shift today, was able to fit my foot in but pretty tight. Any tips on stretching a narrow shoe? In the end, if was only $10 if they end up not fitting

Allen Edmonds 'Leeds'
Said why not for $10 at the rack. Only problem is that they are a 9.5 narrow. Was stretching it out all day during work yesterday and picked up after my shift today, was able to fit my foot in but pretty tight. Any tips on stretching a narrow shoe? In the end, if was only $10 if they end up not fitting
Leather can only stretch so much. If the last is too narrow then you may be out of luck sadly.

Try taking them to a cobbler and see if they can help.
What WIs said, I own a food truck.

Looking to expand into a chain of stores in the SoCal area ASAP. Maybe even go international. Shanghai, HK, and Guangzhou are big markets.
:lol: at this rate you may never go to med school.

I've echoed this saying before, but going beyond this thread, it's great to keep in touch with career paths among the gents in here.

Last edited:

Allen Edmonds 'Leeds'
Leather can only stretch so much. If the last is too narrow then you may be out of luck sadly.

Try taking them to a cobbler and see if they can help.
What WIs said, I own a food truck.

Looking to expand into a chain of stores in the SoCal area ASAP. Maybe even go international. Shanghai, HK, and Guangzhou are big markets.
:lol: at this rate you may never go to med school.

I've echoed this saying before, but going beyond this thread, it's great to keep in touch with career paths among the gents in here.

Haha. I'll go. Already applied this cycle so if I get in, I'll be starting next fall.

For me, med school isn't just about being a physician. It's about the learning, the networking, and just being a better version of myself. I want to start a social venture as well, particularly in the healthcare field. I'm considering joining the Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) and mingle with some members in the LA chapter. I'm bound to meet some smart and driven individuals.

med school is overrated

I feel like if you do it just for the money, it probably is. You can make more money doing other things, with less effort and stress, but the respect a physician gets is pretty high up there. Not to mention, med school is bound to be intellectually stimulating.

Back
Top Bottom