Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks RFX, I like a lot of the fits in GQ... not really "extra slim" like calf huggers, but more of the fits below... If this is around the 7-7.5 mark then it's what I'm looking for

:D

Trey Burke, future NBA Draft Pick was on GQ and his looks/fits are good and the clothing he has on are from well priced brands.

Jacket, $39.99 by Merona for Target. T-shirt, $13.58, and pants, $49.88, by ASOS. Sunglasses, $8 by Aéropostale. Pocket square, $48 by Steven Alan. Watch, $45 by Timex. Tote, $35 by Everlane. Sneakers, $45 by Vans.

Just received his cargos. I love'em. I ordered a 34 and 36. I went for a much slimmer fit than Trey so I am keeping the 34. I'll sent back the 36. I will post pictures later once its cooler.

Just received his cargos. I love'em. I ordered a 34 and 36. I went for a much slimmer fit than Trey so I am keeping the 34. I'll sent back the 36. I will post pictures later once its cooler.

whats your height/weight?

sz 36 pants bunch up on me, but 34s hug my calves.

what would you guys consider to be a decent price to take a pair of shorts to a tailor so they can fit me in the waist they are a little bit loose

If you check this thread regularly, you've seen my fits and my infamous grey glenplaid suit. That's a 7 inch opening.

Oh btw guys, another thrift find. Broke my shell cherry today :D Pics to come later

Hey, I know I lot of you have tailored your leg openings to around 7.5 inches... my question is, have any of you done it on suits? Not only casual suits, but a suit that you'd wear in a professional setting? Or does the look seem too slim and inappropriate. Thinking of getting it done to a good number of my suits... just trying to get general opinions

7.5 isn't really that slim, and in my opinion it's not small enough to be considered inappropriate.

After closer I didnt get the same ones as Trey. I thought I did, it seems the ones Trey is wearing are no longer available. Now I can't find the ones I bought on the site.

Anyway these have lycra in them so the stretch. So if you guys plan to get them you may or may not want to size down.

They have them in Olive and Dark Khaki but no Blue, as for as I can see. My cargos only have one pocket.

@lucky I am 6'3" 190ish. I have the same problem, I hate bunching but dont mind calf hugging, it allows me to ride my bike or motorcycle without changing or having to do that weird one leg roll thing. I wear 36 in Dockers and Levi's, 34 in dress pants.

Last edited:
7.5 isn't really that slim, and in my opinion it's not small enough to be considered inappropriate.
7.5" is the standard slim that's acceptable to most. Most brands I buy from Paul Smith to Epaulet comes with that as standard. I find it to be great for both shoes and boots. 6.5" and less is when I say that's skinny.

Thanks guys!! I'm going to try 7 and 7.25 with no break at first, to see which I like more. I'll post pics when I do.

7" to 7.5" is my go to opening. Very versatile for me. I can easily jump on my bike, motocycle, roll my pant legs for some exposed ankle or just go unrolled for an conservative look.

Went thrifting again today. Just taking a different route home. Found a nice pair of Cole Haan loafers. I swear size 11 has to be the most common male shoe size. Also found a dope Lacoste button up, new, and 2 sets of shoe trees.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! I'm going to try 7 and 7.25 with no break at first, to see which I like more. I'll post pics when I do.
FYI you can easily have a tailor taper this. I've turned an 8" opening to 6.5" and have narrowed many others as well. Just be sure before hand as you cannot undo the process.

Anyone use toe/heel taps? I was thinking about scooping some kiwi ones but saw that the smaller one is for women's shoes. Couldn't I just use that on the toe since its smaller?

I have some on my chukkas but I have them on both the front and back.

Today's fit:

Today's find:
Florsheim Imperial Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Bluchers. Sz 9.5D but actually fits me so I'm contemplating keeping. The cork bed has definitely seen some crazy wear. I can feel where the ball of his foot in the left shoe rested. I mean I could resole but I'm not sure if it's worth it since its just Florsheim. However, this shell stuff don't play. The leather still looks unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if the shoe was already up in the double digits age wise but from the outside, you would never guess it. Either way, still happy....esp for $4
Before

After

Last edited:
Usually I don't post things from SC anymore but I found this pretty funny and fitting for the thread...ummm since I can't post anything from SC I'll try to post the pics later tonight.

Last edited:
This SoCal weather man. Last week, everything was peachy with highs in the 70s. Today, highs in the 90s and continuing throughout the week.

I need to buy a place near the beach, man :x

Top 10 Worst NBA Draft Outfits according to the other site in no particular order:

Samaki Walker

Amare Stoudemire

Bobby Jackson

Bonzi Wells

Darko Milicic

Drew Gooden

Eric Gordon

Jalen Rose

Maurice Taylor

Robert Horry

Tim Thomas

:rofl: :rofl: I am CRYING at Amare, Bonzi Wells, and Drew Gooden's suits :x :x :x :x :x :x :x : :wow: :wow:

A lot of the guys tonight did have nice fits though, funny how styles change so rapidly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom