Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys, so this is kind of new for me.

I'm looking for a pair of boots/chukkas. I've never purchased anything like them, I've only bought sneakers.

Or maybe just shoes than I can wear during the fall/winter. I do live in California, so it's not like we see heavy rain or extreme cold.

Since I'm not really tall and my inseam is rather short, I shouldn't get anything really high top right?

Budget is maybe around $100.

Thanks!

Not as versatile but great to have...

About $60-80

All great entry level options, IMO.

Places to shop for shoes when you are starting out or on a budget: Zappos, 6pm, DSW, Bass, LL Bean, Lands End. Always look for promo codes.

Last edited:
Desert boots are great but they will get dirty. Particularly the crepe sole and on lighter colors. Here's my pair after 10 wears or so to work.

Some guys over on StyleForum are reporting getting Walnut Strands for $129 from the Jeffersonville outlet. Good Luck!

2nd quality Labor Day Sale 8/22/13-9/2/13

Brooks Brothers - $149 - except Presidio, which will be $109
Ralph Lauren $129
Park Ave black - $199 (black only)
Strand walnut $199 (walnut only)
Independence Collection ($299)
Dalton walnut $199 (price will be on all colors except cordovan)
Mayfair patent leather $99
Old discontinued Crosstown 2.0 (Granville, Provo, Ann Arbor) $59
Spiked and SLV golf 2nd Q - $149
Jack golf $129 (all 2nd’s)

I just placed an order. Confirmed that the walnut Dalton's are $199 and ordered them, along with a pair of walnut Strands (both 10D). However, I forgot to confirm the price on the Strands while I was on the phone. Just got my receipt via e-mail -- they rang up as $129. Called up (somewhat disbelieving) and confirmed that it's the correct price. Very, very pleased.

Hey guys, long time lurker, and post here sometimes. Just wanted to give back by giving away 5 BR F&F invites. PM email addresses, and the first five will get. Cheers. 
Thanks for the kind gesture.

Some guys over on StyleForum are reporting getting Walnut Strands for $129 from the Jeffersonville outlet. Good Luck!
Wow. Great price. $129 would be ideal for anyone looking to jump into this foray and hesitant to drop lots of money from the start.

Wow. Great price. $129 would be ideal for anyone looking to jump into this foray and hesitant to drop lots of money from the start.

Looks like they caught the mistake. Last few posts on SF have people saying they're now ringing up at $199. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try though.

Not as versatile but great to have...

About $60-80

All great entry level options, IMO.

Places to shop for shoes when you are starting out or on a budget: Zappos, 6pm, DSW, Bass, LL Bean, Lands End. Always look for promo codes.

What's the last shoe here called?

Kal-el-8. They look like a standard pair of suede bucks. Check bass for them. Target also has an option for ~$45.

Any idea why my pants look the way they do? They aren't wrinkled but there are a lot of crinkles around the inner thigh and they fall down around the leg all weird

Last edited:
Kal-el-8. They look like a standard pair of suede bucks. Check bass for them. Target also has an option for ~$45.

The target ones toe box is allll off imo :lol:
But sounds good I'll check bass

My Clark's dbs beeswax are on there way too :pimp:

Any idea why my pants look the way they do? They aren't wrinkled but there are a lot of crinkles around the inner thigh and they fall down around the leg all weird

Are they too tight around the thigh/upper leg maybe? SOmeone else can chime in better than me on that but that's what I'd guess, maybe they aren't draping down well b/c of that...just a guess though

Looks like the rise on the back is lower than in the front.

Or you might just be clenching?

it's at my waist...and no the rise is the same in the back as front.
I can't pinpoint what the issue is.

Looks like your butt got hungry and started eating your pants. We used to say that when you'd see chubby kids whose gym shorts were too small and would ride up in the middle..."looks like someone's butt if hungry." So wrong.

ANYWAY, have those pants been tailored at all? Is it the only pair of yours that it happens on? What brand are they?

It could be the construction or how they fit on you. Normally I wouldn't suggest it but maybe see if it changes if you wear them slightly lower?

They've been hemmed, and they're Zanella, and yup that's the only pair that it does it with.

I'm just taking it back to my tailor and see if she can help me out

Last edited:
is there any way for some one who lives out of state to order through phone or on-line?

Back
Top Bottom