Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I am still waiting for my RL Slatons, BB McAllistairs, AE Sanfords, and Meermin double monks :\ I'm also moving into an office for the first time in a few years next Tuesday but I only have 2 suits to alternate between until my other 2 come in mid-September, one of my suits being a grey plaid which realistically can only be worn 1-2 times a month.

#firstwordproblems

congrats on the office.

Maison Martin Margiela for Converse

Maison Martin Margiela has revealed its first collaboration since teaming with H&M in 2012.

Maison Martin Margiela is collaborating with Converse.

The high-fashion brand announced its news in a secretive way yesterday.

Keeping things cryptic, the label sent selected fashion editors a blank email with a 'save the date' notice attached as a GIF.

An event is scheduled for September 11, which is the date people assume the collaboration will be revealed.

Pairing up with the sneakers brand might not be a huge surprise for Maison Martin Margiela fans.

The label is known for teaming with fashion houses such as Missoni and also worked with high street store H&M last year.

Maison Martin Margiela's collaboration with the Swedish store went down well with fashionistas, thanks to the classic draped silhouettes on offer.

Tailoring was loose and cuts were masculine, but there was also a ladylike edge thanks to soft colours and pretty draping.

With skirts costing as little as £60, it was a way of bringing the brand to the masses - a move that impressed fashion fans.

The collaboration will be the label's first since teaming with H&M in 2012 and will surely have the industry holding its breath until the big reveal.

Went to Barneys today...still a lot of camo patterns, I know RFX loves them. A lot of tech fabric fusion, even Thom is on it. Nicest thing I saw today was surprisingly from Theory...a camel hair overcoat.

Today:

Some sneakers at Barneys. I want those white AF1s, maybe I'll cop.

So I have a wedding in a couple of weeks and was about to get a suit from suitsupply but don't really feel like dropping 400 on one since I barely wear suits right now. Would rather use that money for more shoes lol

Just saw on dappered JCP offers a decent wool suit and they're on sale right now. Is that the same one y'all have been talking about? It's by Claiborne

RL/AE's in today along with some AE shoe trees, water proof spray, polish, and heel dressing lol. Had to use the DSLR inside due to NJ rain though but here's some pics!

Also restored that Frank Clegg briefcase :D

nice A. might have to see if those loafers are still available in my size
Rob, I am unbelievably happy with them. Solid construction and such a beautiful last! High vamp too!!! Thinking about ordering more but I really gotta start saving for my next suit :frown: will power...

Haha I read the comments for K on the GQ pic. Dude getting gorgeous comments by both sexes.

Jake must be having a fit.

Dressing Better NikeTalk stay winning!

So I have a wedding in a couple of weeks and was about to get a suit from suitsupply but don't really feel like dropping 400 on one since I barely wear suits right now. Would rather use that money for more shoes lol

Just saw on dappered JCP offers a decent wool suit and they're on sale right now. Is that the same one y'all have been talking about? It's by Claiborne

It's not but I saw the review of the one you're talking about on Dappered. I would consider it at $120, especially if it fits you fairly well and needs minor alteration. Like you said it beats spending $500 plus if you don't want to spend that much for a suit.

nice A. might have to see if those loafers are still available in my size

Yea thanks to Adrian I am probably going to order the walnut loafers. Which means that would be 4 pairs from the second sale and not to mention the 2 pairs that came from Meermin only 2 weeks ago...:smh:

yea im probably going to order those loafers tomorrow lol.

for those of you that were talking about jcrew 484s they are having 25% off all their denim

Dang. Peer pressure :lol: you all should wear the same shoes and combine the pics and send to AE marketing :lol:

LOL PATIENTLY WAITS FOR THE MOMENT ADRIAN MOVES TO DA BALLER ECHELON AND HE REMEMBERS ME AND GIVES ME HIS HAND ME DOWNS!!!

Nice pickup Wis!

I received my pairs of RLs today as well. I actually got the loafers that A ordered. Thing is that I ordered the Suede Penny Loafers instead :lol: :smh:

Still deciding whether or not I should keep em, but I figured the Suede ones would look a lot better on me.

Back
Top Bottom