Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I don't know why, but i feel terrible about getting a job this way. I HATE having stuff handed to me. But I guess it is what it is.

Thank you kind sir!
Sure, it's "unfair". But knowing someone is how a lot of lucrative jobs are had.

At my former job when I was given the green light to hire, I gave dibs to the kids who were going to graduate soon from my alma mater. This is way before HR posted the job up online.

Who you know helps open the door. What you know and how you conduct yourself prevents that door from shutting in your face.

Sure, it's "unfair". But knowing someone is how a lot of lucrative jobs are had.

At my former job when I was given the green light to hire, I gave dibs to the kids who were going to graduate soon from my alma mater. This is way before HR posted the job up online.

Who you know helps open the door. What you know and how you conduct yourself prevents that door from shutting in your face.
So you woulda gave me a job? I graduate from Csun in the spring 
laugh.gif

That's true I agree, I plan on working my *** off to prove myself to everyone there. 

So you woulda gave me a job? I graduate from Csun in the spring 
laugh.gif

That's true I agree, I plan on working my *** off to prove myself to everyone there. 
Not given necessity but interviewed you before anyone else. I also went to CSUN. I got my BS and MS from there. We interviewed several candidates from the college and hired one of them.

Not given necessity but interviewed you before anyone else. I also went to CSUN. I got my BS and MS from there. We interviewed several candidates from the college and hired one of them.
That's awesome man.

What'd you get your masters in? 

finally got around to calling the shoebank and they didnt have anymore of the RL's in 8.5-9 :frown:

hate missing good deals, but i guess my own fault

I think i am going to bite the bullet and cop some zanerobe sure shots.

Anyone have insight on fit. I am a 32x32 - 34x32 for the most part. 34x32 in 511s. Should i order a 32 or 34....they look pretty slim in the thigh so i was thinking about ordering bigger rather then smaller.

I need some good wool trousers..Slim fit,medium weight,no break...I want something of good quality and my budget is up to 250$ any suggestions?

I've also been hearing great things about Howard Yount. There's a sale going on right now too

Boys at Leeds corrected my order. Had to ship back the calf boots though. |I

Very pleased with these wingtips though.

Found a couple suits on ebay brand new for >200. Can anyone chime in on these two?

Silvio Bresciani
Never heard of this brand, and after searching it's sold at a lot of discount sites like overstock and also on amazon, but it says it's fully canvased and I've never seen a fully canvased suit for less than 500 bucks before. Thinking about just biting the bullet to see how it is. More than likely I'll end up spending around 50 after alterations to get it exactly how I want, which I'm okay with.

Second one is this BB 346 Fitzgerald

I'm more familiar with BB suits because I've tried them on in the past but ended up passing, but I've never tried the 346 ones. The 346 line is the line they carry at the outlets. Reviews for this have been less than stellar, it's fused apparently and poorly fused at that. But look at that starting bid :lol:

Wore this to work yesterday...I really need to get some of my dress shirts taken in once I find a tailor down here :smh::

Went with all blue, can't wait till fall then I can throw in some blazers and jackets
So you have pic stitch, take selfies, but don't f**k with instagram.....Ced, I don't get you :stoneface:

:rofl: :rofl: ill come around eventually bro, took me a while to cave into twitter a couple yrs ago too

Found a couple suits on ebay brand new for >200. Can anyone chime in on these two?

Silvio Bresciani
Never heard of this brand, and after searching it's sold at a lot of discount sites like overstock and also on amazon, but it says it's fully canvased and I've never seen a fully canvased suit for less than 500 bucks before. Thinking about just biting the bullet to see how it is. More than likely I'll end up spending around 50 after alterations to get it exactly how I want, which I'm okay with.

Second one is this BB 346 Fitzgerald

I'm more familiar with BB suits because I've tried them on in the past but ended up passing, but I've never tried the 346 ones. The 346 line is the line they carry at the outlets. Reviews for this have been less than stellar, it's fused apparently and poorly fused at that. But look at that starting bid :lol:

Even though it's cheap, you really wanna take your chances on something you can't return just to save a few bucks? If that's **** fits horribly and my guess is that a suit found on eBay, overstock and Amazon likely will, you could very easily go beyond $50 in alterations and still have a suit that doesn't fit great in the shoulders or just in general. I looked them up on Overstock and the fit looks boxy as hell, at least with the BR outlet suit you could try them on if you find that same fit in store.

My feeling is generally that you get what you pay for. There HAS to be a reason they're so cheap, it's not like you just came across a steal that someone is looking to get rid of because they ordered the wrong size and can't return or something. I wouldn't risk buying some cheap suit that you have no idea how it fits and you're stuck with if it's bad. A tailor can't fix everything...unless you spend so much that it offsets your savings. If you try going that route, I hope it works out but I wouldn't do it.

^agreed.

i would never buy a suit from online without physically trying on the same exact model / style / cut beforehand.

I agree. I'm just hoping someone knew more about that brand, because based off the description it seems like a solid suit. The measurements also match up to a couple of jackets I already have, just would have to make a few adjustments here and there. I'd never wear that BB one again after this wedding so already made my mind up on not getting that one.

Going to dig a bit more and try to find more information on that Bresciani brand. Might just end up wearing a sportcoat and trousers that I already own instead of buying a suit.

^agreed.

i would never buy a suit from online without physically trying on the same exact model / style / cut beforehand.

Normally I would too but no place around here carries suits I'm interested in. Planned on going to atl this summer to check out SuitSupply but work got in the way

Thanks for the feedback.  Follow up, where can I start to get some 'entry level' sport coats with that fit we all want?  Is J Crew prob my best bet?

^agreed.

Normally I would too but no place around here carries suits I'm interested in. Planned on going to atl this summer to check out SuitSupply but work got in the way
Do you have an outlet center anywhere nearby? At least if you can check out the BR suit there (I'd call first if its not close) you'd have some clarity.

You mentioned the measurements and that's helpful but what about if the armholes are massive/low, the collar doesn't sit properly and you have a collar gap, the shoulders are heavily padded or you have shoulder divots, or you don't like the button stance? There's just way more to it.

BR has 40% off and if they don't have your size or the pants or jacket isn't available, you can probably call customer service and see if thru can locate it. Otherwise, Club Monaco has 50% off sale items and you can definitely have their customer service stock locate...I think they mostly have jackets up but they can try to find the pants. Try Express too, people on here like them and they always have huge sales. I'd go with any of those over a complete unknown that you could end up stuck with.

Just trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom