Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just throwing this out there....I got 2 pairs of the Fire Red 5s locked down in size 9. I doubt I will double up. If any of you gents in L.A. wants one of the pair, let me know. I plan on going around opening time on Saturday to pick up.

Just left you a comment on IG, might be tough to trade for a 10.5 but might give it a shot. Going to be in LV this weekend. 8)

I was thinking about this off and on for a while now. Do you guys think heavily logo'd clothing, ie Fubu, Ecko, etc. will come back into full swing soon, if at all? Trends come and go, but the 90s in the Hip Hop realm was something else. I recall wearing that stuff in high school, and you were like a walking billboard :lol:

I guess there's brands like Pyrex Vision that still has the logos out now, but most are more toned down now.

It's already back.. Pyrex, Hood By Air, Been Trill, etc.. all heavily logo'd.

I was thinking about this off and on for a while now. Do you guys think heavily logo'd clothing, ie Fubu, Ecko, etc. will come back into full swing soon, if at all? Trends come and go, but the 90s in the Hip Hop realm was something else. I recall wearing that stuff in high school, and you were like a walking billboard :lol:

I guess there's brands like Pyrex Vision that still has the logos out now, but most are more toned down now.

The last time I visited the Adidas store at the mall, the adidas Originals apparel section had huge adidas logos on them. Also, some of the Nike Sportswear stuff has huge centered swoosh logos. I even have some t-shirts in my closet from high school that have a large centered NIKE logo with a swoosh underneath.

Just left you a comment on IG, might be tough to trade for a 10.5 but might give it a shot. Going to be in LV this weekend. 8)
Let me know, man.

You should've let me know you wanted one. I would've tried to RSVP on your size. I'm chilling at Starbucks with the laptop and phone, haha.

I commented back BTW.

The last time I visited the Adidas store at the mall, the adidas Originals apparel section had huge adidas logos on them. Also, some of the Nike Sportswear stuff has huge centered swoosh logos. I even have some t-shirts in my closet from high school that have a large centered NIKE logo with a swoosh underneath.
I think these brands get a pass. There's some pieces from the Nike Golf collection that looks nice from the front, then I look behind and there's a swoosh :lol:

Logos will be back eventually, it's just toned down as mentioned these days. Or less in your face.

It might not be for the masses though as the Pyrex on tees and pants (the Juicy sweats for men) and stars on Givenchy are are on the expensive end of things.

I am not sure if we will see a resurgence of all over prints in the near future, but right now screen printed graphics seems to be the trend and it usually involves religious architecture or artwork or animals. That is pretty much todays version I guess. It doesn't advertise the brand as much as before but you see a Virgin Mary printed on a tee, you almost immediately know it's Givenchy.

It's funny you say Nike has toned things down but to me, the logo got bigger on some of the more old school style, which to be quite honest, I like. I am not even really sure if it is suppose to be vintage but it has that old school feel.
Nike-Logo-Mens-Sleeveless-Shirt-473443_611_A.jpg&hei=375&wid=500

Nike-Track-and-Field-Herrenhose-534239_010_A.jpg

Nike-Futura-True-2-Snapback-Hat-584169_100_A.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all vintage, I was speaking more of their actual workout gear, lot of pieces with subtle swooshes as opposed to a huge swoosh or Just Do It.

Just look at the N98 and AW77 lines.

I thought their performance gear has had minimal logo for a while now? And to be honest, I do not even see the swoosh as a logo anymore, I am just conditioned to not even notice it anymore. Like the swoosh on shoes, the "N" on New Balance is a bit off-putting but the swoosh doesn't bother me. :lol: When they actually write the word "NIKE" though, then that one kind of bugs me outside of retro Jordans.

Last edited:
Yup, at least 5-6 years. Turn of the decade, swoosh was big as hell, eye sore.

Bottom line, you don't see many walking billboards anymore.

I also think there's a huge difference between athletic apparel prominently displaying logos and typical clothing companies.

Last edited:
Yup, at least 5-6 years. Turn of the decade, swoosh was big as hell, eye sore.

Bottom line, you don't see many walking billboards anymore.
Yeah, man. I remember I wanted this windbreaker really bad in like 96. The swoosh on the back was at least 2 ft long :lol:

I want to buy one of those under armour waterproof hoodies but don't like the big ua logo in the center. Don't even like the ones with the small logo on the neck. Same goes with a lot of nike stuff. Adidas is the worst with them trying to put 3 stripes on the sleeves of everything.

Last edited:
where do you guys buy ties?

online to get better deals?

Ties in stores are $40 - $50 a piece, that's ridiculous IMO...you can have a few nice expensive ties but I have to wear a tie to work everyday...I'm not trying to spend $500 on ties.

Any tips.

I know there are sites like The Tie Bar etc...any other good places for quality ties?

Since we were talking about Nike, somewhat. I bought this pair of shorts 2 weeks ago and the swoosh is now peeling off. It's probably the 4th time I wore it. Will email Nike about this. I've had UA gear that went thru years of wears that held up better.

Back
Top Bottom