Dressing Better Vol 2.0

RFX, I'm intrigued by the whole sweatpants and button up look. Still not confident I can pull it off in public.

The Yohji aesthetic is cool to me but something I wouldn't wear. If it was cheaper I may think about playing with it. Alas. It's pricey as heck.

It's a love or hate thing IMO. Those who are not into "fashun" will think it looks like what old guys at the mall wear. You know, the ones that meet up to politic routinely.

Those aren't out of the norm anymore, especially in NT.

Ain't digging deep at all, sometimes I just don't get what you are saying. :lol: It may seem simple to you but at times, you just reach.

You also seem to take a shot at high-end designers every chance you get but buys them yourself anyways? Just confused here man. :rofl:
Bluchers with air bubble is common on NT where dudes still wear sneakers for the most part?

How is it taking shots? I just said high end brands will make them...

Not common as in NTers ear them daily but it is not something that will surprise people here. It's been discussed and talked about and like I said, it is no different than LunarGrand, still wingtips with a sporty sole, which plenty of NTers wears by the way. Prada creepers have been discussed as well, which was actually made prior to the Levitates (those with air bubble) and kind of started this more casual or sporty sole on dressier shoes. This is no surprised to most NTers. Would they wear it? Likely not but they are aware. It isn't unusual.

And as for taking shots at designer brands, it does sound like it by saying high-end brand would make such atrocities. :lol: Like cheaper brands would not? It is also about your other posts about high-end brands, always insulting the quality and that "Made in Italy" doesn't always mean made in Italy or whatever. You have valid points but you do seem to point it out as much as you could and yes they are overpriced (everyone knows that so no need to let everyone know every chance you get) but quality is still up there in comparison any mall brands. Everyone knows you have to pay a premium for the name hence being a luxury item/brand. It's even weirder when you talk bad about it and then purchase them anyways. Maybe it's just me.

The Yohji aesthetic is cool to me but something I wouldn't wear. If it was cheaper I may think about playing with it. Alas. It's pricey as heck.

It's a love or hate thing IMO. Those who are not into "fashun" will think it looks like what old guys at the mall wear. You know, the ones that meet up to politic routinely.

It's definitely something someone who has a keen eye for the style to notice the difference between Yohji and an oversized suit. The drape mainly and overall execution. I've seen it done really well and done terribly and when it is not done right, it is horrible.

Gimme 7k and i'm all over these SLP bikers.
32418M036006_5_1.jpg

What would you wear that with? You need to have that whole skinny rockstar look to pull it off.

RFX, I'm intrigued by the whole sweatpants and button up look. Still not confident I can pull it off in public.

It is a bit difficult I think, you can't just get some Champion sweatpants and wear it with some Perry Ellis dress shirt, the pants actually have to be a bit tailored or slim to look right and the shirt can't be too formal or ironed out/clean. It is a look that not many can pull off but with the right pieces, it should be solid. I like Neil Barret because he has some sweatpants that are cut like dress pants but still has that ribbed opening with a better sweats material. Simon Spurr has also done the sweatpants with a blazer on the runway. Not sure I've seen it too often in the wild though.

Speaking of which, any of you guys have any clothes you'd want to wear or pull off but doesn't exactly adhere to what is posted in this thread? Something more "unusual" as Wis said. No quintuple monks but something that you like but aren't really wearing?

I mean I know the "wear what you want" mantra but most still follows rules that adhere to a more classic menswear style for the most part.

For example, something like Yohji aesthetic or something like this. It isn't exactly your tailored suit, sleeves and pants are longer, suit is more slouchy, 3 buttons, hell I'd even wear it with sneakers (different pair though), etc...

I guess just trying to spark a discussion.

Not a fan of the look personally as it is the complete opposite of what I would be going for myself.

Can I go to tailors to add belt holes?

If you don't have a lot of excess left do yourself a favor a buy one of these Roto Punch it works pretty well and I've used it on multiple belts to punch a couple of extra holes. The "hard" part is really lining it up with the other holes, granted mine are somewhat off but not enough to mess up the belt itself or the way it fits.

Any recommended sites or blogs/tumblrs for men's fashion? I always like to Incorporate new looks and styles into my wardrobe. Thanks in advance fellas

Thanks for the info guys.

I was actually looking to add an extra hole between two already on the belt because I feel that would be the "sweet spot" haha.

Any recommended sites or blogs/tumblrs for men's fashion? I always like to Incorporate new looks and styles into my wardrobe. Thanks in advance fellas
If you have Instagram you can follow a lot of good accounts. Also just check #menswear #gq #style in Tumblr and IG.

For blogs, I just occasionally visit InquiringMinds, Valet, HighSnobeity/Selectism, Hypebeast and GQs website among other sites. MrPorter also has some editorials though it is for the purpose of selling their items but it is still a good read at times with good pics.

And as Grizzly mentioned, just hashtag away with your search and you are bound to find some that you might find interesting enough to follow.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, any of you guys have any clothes you'd want to wear or pull off but doesn't exactly adhere to what is posted in this thread? Something more "unusual" as Wis said. No quintuple monks but something that you like but aren't really wearing?

I mean I know the "wear what you want" mantra but most still follows rules that adhere to a more classic menswear style for the most part.

For example, something like Yohji aesthetic or something like this. It isn't exactly your tailored suit, sleeves and pants are longer, suit is more slouchy, 3 buttons, hell I'd even wear it with sneakers (different pair though), etc...

I guess just trying to spark a discussion.

Not a fan of the look personally as it is the complete opposite of what I would be going for myself.

Ahh but that is the point. You have something you are aiming for but are there any style or even just an article of clothing you would love to wear or incorporate but doesn't necessarily fit in with what you are trying to do? I know it sounds counter-productive but we all have a style or items we like that just can't quite pull off or include in our wardrobe.

I was thinking about this off and on for a while now. Do you guys think heavily logo'd clothing, ie Fubu, Ecko, etc. will come back into full swing soon, if at all? Trends come and go, but the 90s in the Hip Hop realm was something else. I recall wearing that stuff in high school, and you were like a walking billboard :lol:

I guess there's brands like Pyrex Vision that still has the logos out now, but most are more toned down now.

"I can't even go to the grocery store without some 1's thats clean and a shirt with a team"

:lol:

Mid 90's and early 2000's was very logo-rific, now it's a bit more subdued. Streetwear still kind of promotes it, same with Nike and their urban/basketball line. It's dying out though amongst the masses. Even Nike's workout gear has subtle swooshes as opposed to huge logo's.

Hollister and AE have both eliminated or made their logo's smaller on their casual clothing.

The trend isn't "Hey, I'm wearing _______ brand!, look at me!" anymore.

"I can't even go to the grocery store without some 1's thats clean and a shirt with a team"

:lol:

Mid 90's and early 2000's was very logo-rific, now it's a bit more subdued. Streetwear still kind of promotes it, same with Nike and their urban/basketball line. It's dying out though amongst the masses. Even Nike's workout gear has subtle swooshes as opposed to huge logo's.

Hollister and AE have both eliminated or made their logo's smaller on their casual clothing.

The trend isn't "Hey, I'm wearing _______ brand!, look at me!" anymore.
Where are you, Yeezy??

Yeah, man. You know if your Ecko shirt didn't have the small rhino on the back, and another tag on the front lower right corner...your boys would say it's a fake :lol:

These babies were waiting at my apartment when I got off work :evil: :evil: The Sandersons were sold out so I'm gonna have to substitute...probably those singleton loafers Adrian got. Shout out to Carlin though I can't even find a scratch on these :nthat:

Just throwing this out there....I got 2 pairs of the Fire Red 5s locked down in size 9. I doubt I will double up. If any of you gents in L.A. wants one of the pair, let me know. I plan on going around opening time on Saturday to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom