Dressing Better Vol 2.0

To be honest, I don't see how cargo pants/shorts are part of dressing better. I feel like they are too bulky and useless with all those extra pockets unless you actually use them somehow. Don't see how they look too nice. Flat front shorts>> Each to his own though.

To be honest, I don't see how cargo pants/shorts are part of dressing better. I feel like they are too bulky and useless with all those extra pockets unless you actually use them somehow. Don't see how they look too nice. Flat front shorts>> Each to his own though.
Because dressing better doesn't equate suit and tie all the time. You can 'dress better' with a simple sweater, chinos, and clean silhouette sneakers.

The extra pockets are not bulky, at least not on the 2 pairs I own. It comes down to the silhouette of the pants, if they're slim....that won't be an issue with bulkiness.

If it aint American I don't want it :lol:
Also nice to see you back Nii
Come on, man. :lol: Besides Alden and AE, the USA is kinda lacking.

Italy, Spain, England = fine footwear heaven.

RE: Weight lost, it becomes a habit after you drop a lot of lbs. I can't even see myself eating Denny's and the likes anymore. I only have about 2 cheat meals a week, and that's all I need to satisfy myself.

I'm looking for a pair of boots in this style, any recommendations?

for people in SOcal.. how often do you wear your boots? I want a pair of AE daltons but dont see myself wearing them much.  

RFX chime in...
happy.gif

Questions

Better blazer fit ? Ralph Lauren, or Brooks brothers and I know ralph lauren have tailors in store is it the same for brooks bros.

And is there any (formerly) Heritage 1981 stores in New York a forever 21 spin off store for me (currently 21 Men)

for people in SOcal.. how often do you wear your boots? I want a pair of AE daltons but dont see myself wearing them much.  

RFX chime in...:D
I wear my boots all the time, ranging from casual to dress to rugged, except in the summer time.

Questions

Better blazer fit ? Ralph Lauren, or Brooks brothers and I know ralph lauren have tailors in store is it the same for brooks bros.

And is there any (formerly) Heritage 1981 stores in New York a forever 21 spin off store for me (currently 21 Men)
Vague question. Fit depends on your physique and style of the jacket. Also, RL has so many levels of jackets, from the cheap stuff found at Macy's to the RLPL and RLBL that are quite pricey.

Yes, Brooks Bros have instore tailors as well, though most have the old mentality of tailoring.

I'm looking for a pair of boots in this style, any recommendations?

Red Wings
_6906648.jpg

_7116969.jpg

_6350413.jpg

RFX chime in...:D

It might require some getting used to but I can pretty much wear boots all year round, even in the summer, I wear my chukkas and Indy's. But in SoCal, I say you can rock them for about 6-8 months, I mean even in the spring and summer, morning and nights can be very cool. Just wear thinner socks at hotter times of the year.

Speaking of cool weather...
10116503.bmp
10116524.bmp

Rockport boots, sort of want but $200 for Rockports? Could make good beaters if it were ~$70-$80.
_7335802.jpg

_7335929.jpg

You can wear boots often, but weather makes you not want to. It's a choice, I don't get much use out of my boots. DB's get heavy play, have some Land's End boots that look similar to Indy Aldens that I scooped for $40 that I've worn a couple of times. Wanted Indy Alden's but wasn't going to drop $400-500 on something I'm going to use sparingly.

Like I said, it's a choice.

BB out of ESF in 17 1/2, guess I'll save loot, or buy some Allen Edmond's on sale for the office, 8)

RFX: what cooler weather? It's still high 80s/low 90s, my man :lol:

It was pseudo ~70 degrees this past Saturday night, it was even gloomy, albeit warm during the daytime. I was at Santa Monica Blvd./Beverly Hills this past weekend and it was around 83 degree at about 3-4pm, was hitting lower 70s by 7pm, just right for the thin lamb leather.

Banana Republic sent an email saying they're having half off suiting pieces (not sure if stuff is excluded) and they also have a 40% off sale today again...I doubt you can stack them but still a decent deal

yo big shout out to everyone on here helping us guys try new looks and the wonderful info!!!!!!! will post some before and after pics here soon

KSTEEZY, WJ4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom