Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I asked this on SF and no one answered. So I'll post in here
I'm getting a Schott Perfecto soon, not sure which one to get though. I want to stay away from a boxy look
Which would be the better option between the 618 and 613? Or any other version that would be a better fit

It was pseudo ~70 degrees this past Saturday night, it was even gloomy, albeit warm during the daytime. I was at Santa Monica Blvd./Beverly Hills this past weekend and it was around 83 degree at about 3-4pm, was hitting lower 70s by 7pm, just right for the thin lamb leather.

That Cali weather, gotta love it. In the Navy I was always closer to the shore. Temps got down to the 60"s at night in the summer.

Looking for a pair of black wing tipped boots in the $150 price range, and help would be appreciated bros!

That Cali weather, gotta love it. In the Navy I was always closer to the shore. Temps got down to the 60"s at night in the summer.

Yah, it was actually 64 degrees last night and was pretty chilly this morning even when the sun was out and shining.
10178228.png

Last edited:
can anyone recommend a black long sleeve buttoned shirt for clubbing? I had this D&G from late 90s only worn a handful of times. Excellent quality, buttons hidden. I ended up selling it to some guy ( my friend's friend) in vegas for $40. :D top collar was showing wear and he actually needed a shirt.

I have an athletic shape 6'2" 200.

Does Thomas Pink sell anything? or should I go designer again (Gucci)?

Last edited:
can anyone recommend a black long sleeve buttoned shirt for clubbing? I had this D&G from late 90s only worn a handful of times. Excellent quality, buttons hidden. I ended up selling it to some guy ( my friend's friend) in vegas for $40. :D top collar was showing wear and he actually needed a shirt.
I have an athletic shape 6'2" 200.
Does Thomas Pink sell anything? or should I go designer again (Gucci)?

If it must be black, then I say get a Jil Sander (my favorite dress shirts). Really hard to tell the details on a black shirt anyways so I'd just suggest getting something that is well made. There are plenty of designers that makes black shirts but if you want something with a bit more detail, I like McQueens leather harness shirt.
2q3neh3.jpg

Givenchy also has one with red detail on the collar and stars stitched on it.
2ynijv5.jpg

Looking for some new shoes, preferably sneakers.

I really liked this from Nike.

nike-sb-janoski-mid-brogue-0.jpg

Any other ideas?

The McQueen shirt looks great. I'd wear that. But at the user's physique...I don't think avant garde brands/aesthetic would fit him.

At 6'2'', you may have to go MTM or bespoke for shirts since you're taller than the average American.

Today: haven't worn tie in a while.

I am not a big fan of sneakers with wingtip and brogue design, it just seems too confused. The only version I would even consider is this and that is pushing it.
5lzd5i.jpg

It just doesn't work putting dress shoes design on a big, bulky sneakers. It doesn't make it look refined or classic, it just makes it look awkward and weird. The two just doesn't mix together well.

It might require some getting used to but I can pretty much wear boots all year round, even in the summer, I wear my chukkas and Indy's. But in SoCal, I say you can rock them for about 6-8 months, I mean even in the spring and summer, morning and nights can be very cool. Just wear thinner socks at hotter times of the year.

Speaking of cool weather...
10116503.bmp
10116524.bmp
What's the general population's opinion on t-shirts sticking out further than the jacket?

I understand there's the "do you" mentality, but is it ever a bad look? Hope you're not offended RFX, not my intentions.

Last edited:
What's the general population's opinion on t-shirts sticking out further than the jacket?
I understand there's the "do you" mentality, but is it ever a bad look? Hope you're not offended RFX, not my intentions.

Not offended at all. I think it's a personal preference and will depend on the jackets length. That particular leather I am wearing is shorter than usual and could look real weird and short if the shirt isn't showing up. To be honest, I actually want the tee to stick out more maybe another inch or so.

If the jacket were already long, then I think the tee being longer will make it look weird and people might think you're wearing one of those Finishlines Extra Long Tees.

Now if people want to dive deeper into fashion/style, "goth-ninja" (term is as played out as the word swag but still works I guess) can wear long tees with cropped jacket because that is part of the aesthetic and depends on how the tee drapes and falls which also depends on the materials used.

At the end, it's a judgement call on how it looks proportionally? Those jeans are pretty slim as well as the jacket but it's cropped so I feel that the tee helps make my upper body look longer while also breaking up the monotonous dark colors of the whole fit. Again, it's up to the wearer and how they see it in the mirror.

Not offended at all. I think it's a personal preference and will depend on the jackets length. That particular leather I am wearing is shorter than usual and could look real weird and short if the shirt isn't showing up. To be honest, I actually want the tee to stick out more maybe another inch or so.

If the jacket were already long, then I think the tee being longer will make it look weird and people might think you're wearing one of those Finishlines Extra Long Tees.

Now if people want to dive deeper into fashion/style, "goth-ninja" (term is as played out as the word swag but still works I guess) can wear long tees with cropped jacket because that is part of the aesthetic and depends on how the tee drapes and falls which also depends on the materials used.

At the end, it's a judgement call on how it looks proportionally? Those jeans are pretty slim as well as the jacket but it's cropped so I feel that the tee helps make my upper body look longer while also breaking up the monotonous dark colors of the whole fit. Again, it's up to the wearer and how they see it in the mirror.
Gotcha.

Personally, if it weren't zipped up, I wouldn't mind the shirt being slightly longer. Zipped, I'd personally just find a way to hide the difference.

I still need a new wallet, |I...I know there's an official wallet thread, but what's the Dress Better thread going with? :nerd:

Gotcha.
Personally, if it weren't zipped up, I wouldn't mind the shirt being slightly longer. Zipped, I'd personally just find a way to hide the difference.

I still need a new wallet, |I...I know there's an official wallet thread, but what's the Dress Better thread going with? :nerd:

You mean like tuck in the shirt? I can do that and be perfectly fine except it might ride up and show my belly button if I raise my arm. :lol:
But yeah, it's personal preference and how your other clothes fits.

As for wallets, I'm currently using an LV Card Holder, it's just very thin and small and I like that.
I do however want a Bottega Veneta woven wallet for a while now, just looks awesome and classic.
2hptzbs.jpg

I like the half woven version too.
50s12b.jpg

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of sneakers with wingtip and brogue design, it just seems too confused. The only version I would even consider is this and that is pushing it.
5lzd5i.jpg

It just doesn't work putting dress shoes design on a big, bulky sneakers. It doesn't make it look refined or classic, it just makes it look awkward and weird. The two just doesn't mix together well.

I guess for me personally wearing the more classic wingtips just isn't really my style.

But yeah, if anyone's got any more suggestions lmk!

Last edited:
5lzd5i.jpg

Speaking of sneaker and brogue hybrid, I took this picture from the Barneys catalog that was delivered yesterday. I really like them and if they're under $1,000...I just might do it. Givenchy for those wondering.
tumblr_mawu3sww0N1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

RFX's lengths on the jacket and t shirt on the pictures are pretty much perfect. A perfecto or double rider jacket is suppose to be aggressively cut short, like a waist coat so a normal length t shirt would have that effect. This is how I wear the style as well.

I need to get my hands on those Todd Snyder gqxgap collabo cargo pants. :smokin Gonna call my store tomorrow to see if they are going to get them.

gotta step my light leather jacket game up, been rocking with this EXPRESS fake leather joint for like 2 years....lol

8025450166_369a06e8cf_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom