Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I wear mine in my back pocket. Honestly, no excuse for a mans wallet to be bulky. Chances are you only need 4 or 5 cards on you (couple credit cards, license, ) and minor amounts of cash and a couple of cards if your a business man. Get rid of the junk in your wallet. Make your pictures digital, throw away those receipts, and just be clean. Its nothing more noticeable than when you have a huge wallet just filled with junk.
I use a cardholder in lieu of a wallet, been doing it for about 5 years or so now. I can't get down to 5 cards though when you factor in other cards like insurance provider card, dental card, Costco card, AAA Roadside card, school ID, etc. I'm probably at 10-12 and that's already leaned out.

pretty sure that the student discount only works in-store.
Yes, but you can go about this two ways:
1) Use the discount online, and go to a nearby store and ask them to honor the student discount and refund the difference.
2) Go to the store and purchase via the red phone and say you have a coupon you want to use in addition to your student discount.

RFX - thanks for the suggestion, I know you've been like a ToJ spokesman around here foreveeeeeer...I would love to get one, but I'm the type of shopper that tries on everything before pulling the trigger, that whole send them my measurements and have them make it according is so complicated that I feel I'll never take the time to do it, not even anything to do with the money :frown: I need to give them a try though....any sinpler way to go about it?

Obina - I'm not sure what you mean about people in this thread being dipped in designer gear, that's far from the truth....the usual posters here shop at affordable places for the most part, places like Gap, Brooks, banana, Jcrew, etc....there is a high end gear thread and I think that's what you are confusing this thread with....my fit is Lacoste polo (70$) Jcrew 484's (90$) EXPRESS jacket (100$) with the exceptions of the yeezys which I could have gotten for retail but didn't I highly doubt your whole closet is valued @ 300$

Yes, but you can go about this two ways:
[COLOR=#red]1) Use the discount online, and go to a nearby store and ask them to honor the student discount and refund the difference.[/COLOR]
2) Go to the store and purchase via the red phone and say you have a coupon you want to use in addition to your student discount.

Will they do this without question? Or is it the type that I have to catch the SA on a good day.

Can we discuss incorporating jewelry into dressing better?
I have a 6mm wide 24 inch gold cuban and I hardly ever wear it anymore.
Wore it every day in college when I wore a lot of tees, hoodies, and foambs/jordans...not so much anymore.
Anyone got suggestions on how to pull it off in a classier, less in your face, fashion?

Uh...wear it?

You may be overthinking this...its not like earrings, which are frowned upon in a corporate setting. Bracelets and rings are generally acceptable and they add personal flare to your outfit.

I noticed camo khakis/cargos have been all the rage in the last couple pages.

Stopped by UO yesterday and saw these Dockers Alpha Khakis variety. About 65 bucks.

2pqjev8.jpg

Love the slim tapered look/feel on these.
mr3fc.jpg

Had to put a filter on the pic cuz there was too much sunlight in the room.

I'm 5'10, btw. 34x32 in the pic.

I noticed camo khakis/cargos have been all the rage in the last couple pages.
Stopped by UO yesterday and saw these Dockers Alpha Khakis variety. About 65 bucks.
2pqjev8.jpg

Love the slim tapered look/feel on these.
mr3fc.jpg

Had to put a filter on the pic cuz there was too much sunlight in the room.
I'm 5'10, btw. 34x32 in the pic.

Thanks!....will be checking these out!

I'm glad this thread exists...I generally consider myself to be a stylish guy, but I am wholly unimpressed by the selection in my closet. Had an epiphany a couple of days ago and decided to purge my closet of street wear. It just doesn't 'fit' who I am anymore, and I'm disappointed with my lack of color layering. This thread is gold.

RFX - thanks for the suggestion, I know you've been like a ToJ spokesman around here foreveeeeeer...I would love to get one, but I'm the type of shopper that tries on everything before pulling the trigger, that whole send them my measurements and have them make it according is so complicated that I feel I'll never take the time to do it, not even anything to do with the money
frown.gif
I need to give them a try though....any sinpler way to go about it?

Just take measurements of a jacket that fits you good and look at their size charts and compare the two and make adjustments as needed.

I'm glad this thread exists...I generally consider myself to be a stylish guy, but I am wholly unimpressed by the selection in my closet. Had an epiphany a couple of days ago and decided to purge my closet of street wear. It just doesn't 'fit' who I am anymore, and I'm disappointed with my lack of color layering. This thread is gold.
Note that "street wear" goes way beyond what the typical NTer wear...a New Era fitted cap, tight Levi's that are sagged, a graphic t shirt with something catchy/weird printed, and Jordans/Nikes. Enjoy the thread :smile:

RFX - thanks for the suggestion, I know you've been like a ToJ spokesman around here foreveeeeeer...I would love to get one, but I'm the type of shopper that tries on everything before pulling the trigger, that whole send them my measurements and have them make it according is so complicated that I feel I'll never take the time to do it, not even anything to do with the money :frown: I need to give them a try though....any sinpler way to go about it?
It's not really complicated, man. I was able to square my first ToJ jacket within 10 emails or so, roughly within a day of routinely shooting emails back and forth. (Note that while 10 emails may look like a lot, this includes all communication, ie the first introduction email..."Hi, I want to purchase.."

The guy in charge of emailing (Charly) has his sizing locked down. You email him with your stats, what sizes you usually take in various brands, and how you want your jacket to fit, ie slim, or loose so you can layer. He spits out a set of specs for you. You can use the specs to measure against your current jacket and come up with a conclusion.

ToJ is probably the best leathers you can find under a grand. I've handled some that are twice as high as Barneys and the quality was inferior.

Will they do this without question? Or is it the type that I have to catch the SA on a good day.
I've done this numerous times without an issue. If you're a friendly person and try to socialize with them, I doubt they'll give you issues. If you're mean mugging them then perhaps they may not do it for you :lol: It's all about the approach, my man. That's what I use to build relationships with folks, not just limited to SAs.

I use a cardholder in lieu of a wallet, been doing it for about 5 years or so now. I can't get down to 5 cards though when you factor in other cards like insurance provider card, dental card, Costco card, AAA Roadside card, school ID, etc. I'm probably at 10-12 and that's already leaned out.
Insurance card + credit cards and license and roadside card. I doubt your going to school, dentist, and costco daily.

RFX - thanks for the suggestion, I know you've been like a ToJ spokesman around here foreveeeeeer...I would love to get one, but I'm the type of shopper that tries on everything before pulling the trigger, that whole send them my measurements and have them make it according is so complicated that I feel I'll never take the time to do it, not even anything to do with the money
frown.gif
I need to give them a try though....any sinpler way to go about it?
Obina - I'm not sure what you mean about people in this thread being dipped in designer gear, that's far from the truth....the usual posters here shop at affordable places for the most part, places like Gap, Brooks, banana, Jcrew, etc....there is a high end gear thread and I think that's what you are confusing this thread with....my fit is Lacoste polo (70$) Jcrew 484's (90$) EXPRESS jacket (100$) with the exceptions of the yeezys which I could have gotten for retail but didn't I highly doubt your whole closet is valued @ 300$
Wasn't speaking directly to your outfit Ksteezy, although your one lacoste polo is equal to 7 of my plain slim  polos. and your j crew jeans is 2 levi jeans.

Insurance card + credit cards and license and roadside card. I doubt your going to school, dentist, and costco daily.
Insurance card: you need insurance to drive a car in this state.
AAA Roadside assist card: you never know when an emergency will arise, that's why they call it an emergency. Without the card, the service is useless. Had to help out a coworker a month ago with the card.
Health insurance card: again, you don't know when emergencies will arise. If I get hit by a car, and they take me to an out of network hospital, I'm paying for everything, my man
School ID: Never know when I'll make an impromptu stop to J. Crew for a buy :lol:

I'm not complaining, just simply stating personally I can't carry only 5 cards regardless of how many times I leaned out my necessity. If I have two 'sets' of cards, it will just makes things more complicated.

Insurance card: you need insurance to drive a car in this state.
AAA Roadside assist card: you never know when an emergency will arise, that's why they call it an emergency. Without the card, the service is useless. Had to help out a coworker a month ago with the card.
Health insurance card: again, you don't know when emergencies will arise. If I get hit by a car, and they take me to an out of network hospital, I'm paying for everything, my man
School ID: Never know when I'll make an impromptu stop to J. Crew for a buy
laugh.gif

I'm not complaining, just simply stating personally I can't carry only 5 cards regardless of how many times I leaned out my necessity. If I have two 'sets' of cards, it will just makes things more complicated.
Sorry if I worded it wrong. 1st sentence was the cards I think you need.

I highly recommend those camo alphas.

I wear them ALOT.

I'm usually a budget baller so Dockers Alpha has been a godsend as I usually cop them for $25 the most

But in terms of the camo, I gladly forked $65 over.

I'm waiting for the first chilly day in NJ autumn to whip out my burnt orange alphas to pair w/ my navy blue red wings.

straight ignorant. CANT WAIT

Note that "street wear" goes way beyond what the typical NTer wear...a New Era fitted cap, tight Levi's that are sagged, a graphic t shirt with something catchy/weird printed, and Jordans/Nikes. Enjoy the thread :smile:
PLEASE NOTE this..there so many levels of Streetwear and some can easily be converted to fit the office or dressed up. I have a assortment of buttonups I wear with Js and etc but throw some chinos on and rock them to work or interview.

Just purchased some Duck canvas. Chinos from Eqaulet (shouts to wj4) and some five pocket D.canvas from N&F. Finishing this fall shopping, ftw :smokin . After I'm done, I'm staying off SF and blogs.

I highly recommend those camo alphas.

I wear them ALOT.

I'm usually a budget baller so Dockers Alpha has been a godsend as I usually cop them for $25 the most

But in terms of the camo, I gladly forked $65 over.

I'm waiting for the first chilly day in NJ autumn to whip out my burnt orange alphas to pair w/ my navy blue red wings.

straight ignorant. CANT WAIT

Info? you have hook ups or just wait for good sales. They may be my favorite pants i own thats why i asked. And now Alpha Cords are out....i need more

Info? you have hook ups or just wait for good sales. They may be my favorite pants i own thats why i asked. And now Alpha Cords are out....i need more

My first two pairs of Alphas were like $8 each thanks to NT and their sumbag ways of finding a glitch on a Kohls discount lmao.

I also scour sites like 6pm and zappos who often discount the pants. I usually buy off season. So for example i copped the burnt orange for $21 in the Summer '12 bc they were FW'11 colors.

timing is key my thrifty brosephs.

I currently have the british khaki, stone grey, navy blue, burnt orange, and camo pairs.

I am waiting for a nantucket red trype or salmon to replace my tommy hil F U red pants.

If I catch the disco I'll hit u up bro

My first two pairs of Alphas were like $8 each thanks to NT and their sumbag ways of finding a glitch on a Kohls discount lmao.
I also scour sites like 6pm and zappos who often discount the pants. I usually buy off season. So for example i copped the burnt orange for $21 in the Summer '12 bc they were FW'11 colors.
timing is key my thrifty brosephs.
I currently have the british khaki, stone grey, navy blue, burnt orange, and camo pairs.
I am waiting for a nantucket red trype or salmon to replace my tommy hil F U red pants.
If I catch the disco I'll hit u up bro

Hit us all up :lol:

Pics of that burnt orange, bruh

I'll snap a pic of the orange khakis when I get home bc internet images vary.

And since we are on the topic I minus whale:

X post from WDYWT Thread:

WDYWT 9.26.12

Have a nice day #NT

Back
Top Bottom