Dressing Better Vol 2.0

can someone tell me how jcrew blazers fit? im looking at this and the size chart recommends short for people  5'7 to 5'10 and i'm 5'9 skinny but in the past i've had trouble getting jackets in S (blazers are usually too short in S)

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441808745
makes more sense for you to tell us your measurements in order to make recommendations
5'9 125 lbs (dont judge :lol: , i cant gain weight for some reason)

You can't gain weight because you're not trying to gain weight.

If you lift and eat right, you'll gain weight. Don't make it sound like you're skinny for no apparent reason.
i've tried to gain weight for years now. i've lifted(p90x)/ate right when i started college (4 years ago) and after 2 years i gained about 5 lbs in that process.

Why are you doing P90X? You know what that's for, right?

You need to do something like Stronglifts 5x5 or something to get you started. You need to bench, squat, and do some dead lifts, not P90X bruh.

Too much hassle, bro. I've heard they fit weird. I'm normally a medium in Nike shorts, was gonna order medium and large at NDC or the NTLA so I can return with ease.

Thanks though.

I'm an M in Nike shorts and I went with a medium for the tech pants. Fingers crossed I didn't make a $100 mistake :rolleyes

Why are you doing P90X? You know what that's for, right?

You need to do something like Stronglifts 5x5 or something to get you started. You need to bench, squat, and do some dead lifts, not P90X bruh.
i'll definitely look into it but a lot of these exercises require gym equipment and im more of home exercise program kind of guy so p90x is to more of my liking

Bruh, you can't gain weight because you're not trying to gain weight.

If you lift and eat right, you'll gain weight. Don't make it sound like you're just skinny for no apparent reason.

I understand that everyone has different body types. But 125lb for a 5'9 dude is just too small. A well-placed chest pass in a pick-up game could probably knock you out.
James: You may want to try doing massive bulking for a while. Heavy lifting and bulking up.

Too much hassle, bro. I've heard they fit weird. I'm normally a medium in Nike shorts, was gonna order medium and large at NDC or the NTLA so I can return with ease.

Thanks though.

I'm an M in Nike shorts and I went with a medium for the tech pants. Fingers crossed I didn't make a $100 mistake :rolleyes

I heard that they fit pretty snug

No lie. Kids section or mtm are probably your only options
He's too tall for the kiddy stuff. My friend who is around his weight and is like 5'5" shop at Gap Kids and he saves a lot doing so. 5'9" is pretty average for height for a male.

I'm the same weight as him but 5'11 and only option for me is MTM for suits and shirts. Regardless of what brand it is, a 34 would still need to be tailored and a lot of times the length of the jacket is too short on a 34 rtw for my liking a lot of times (Only covers like 3/4 of the ***).
For shirts a xs sleeve length would probably be too short for my liking

I know some of you were on the fence about Jack Spade's bags/briefcases. I just picked this one up today to celebrate my new position at work.

I'm the same weight as him but 5'11 and only option for me is MTM for suits and shirts. Regardless of what brand it is, a 34 would still need to be tailored and a lot of times the length of the jacket is too short on a 34 rtw for my liking a lot of times (Only covers like 3/4 of the ***).
For shirts a xs sleeve length would probably be too short for my liking
dang, and i thought i had it bad. 5'11 125 is no joke. guess we gotta sign up for a gym membership together
laugh.gif

Trust me, I used to be extremely skinny until I realized that I have to eat much more than the average person. I was actually undereating based on my metabolism. I graduated college at 5'8 135, and I weigh 160 now after doing the whole bulking/cutting thing for a year and a half. It's so much easier to find clothes that fit well off the rack now. Before I would have to tailor pretty much everything.

Last edited:

Pair of Daltons came in that I ordered from the Shoebank. Im happy with them but damn they are really noisy when walking or even moving my feet. Anyone else experience this? Im guessing its just the unworn leather that is stiff and it should quiet down once they're worn a bit?
Yes, they should get better as the leather breaks in

Please post some sites where I can cop some joggers sweats.

I have this coming in the mail since the Nike tech joint is sold out in my size.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/teesfleece/Bottoms/PRDOVR~02440/02440.jsp
Bro, you need to post pics! Where do you buy your clothes. I'm already a small guy, and I'm the same height as you except I'm 35 lbs heavier.

For suits, I'd def hit up Thick as Thieves. I think they've done jackets as small as size 30.

Today:

I'm gonna finally take an outfit picture of Iron Man tomorrow. It's gonna be like seeing Big Foot in person....will post up :lol: :pimp:

WHOA! $70 for those?! I'm skraight bro. Thanks though.

These are nice. 55 Pounds though. Hmmmm

WHOA! $70 for those?! I'm skraight bro. Thanks though.
These are nice. 55 Pounds though. Hmmmm
You're going to be paying around that price range unless you can find some H&M joints for half the price. I hear they are hard to find though I've never looked myself.

5'9 125 ain't thaaaT small. Some light weight boxers are around the 5'8 - 5'9 range a d weigh around 130 ish

That part about the chest pass was hilarious.:lol:

But I still don't see why people confuse weight with strength, cause I've seen some pretty fat dudes get washed in my day.

So unless you're 220 of muscle I wouldn't get too excited |I

5'9 125 ain't thaaaT small. Some light weight boxers are around the 5'8 - 5'9 range a d weigh around 130 ish
Those aren't their walking weights. When I did Muay Thai, a handful of guys fought on the small circuit. The day before, they would just eat fruits and veggies, and hit the sauna for a long period of time so they can make the weight at the weigh in. Those guys are easily at least 15 lbs heavier than the weigh in numbers.

If you can't fit into an XS shirt then you are small, man. You can be lean and have definition like a gymist, but still small nonetheless.

That part about the chest pass was hilarious.:lol:

But I still don't see why people confuse weight with strength, cause I've seen some pretty fat dudes get washed in my day.

So unless you're 220 of muscle I wouldn't get too excited |I
I don't think anyone is confused, but rather surprised for being so under weight. I'm sure those cats are Asians :lol: with super fast metabolism. 5'9'' at 120-130 lbs is probably what most guys back at home weigh. When I was there and hitting the gym, I was one of the biggest guys there :lol: I bought a couple of shirts too, had to rock an XL which fit like a small here.

There are definitely small guys that are deadly, word to Bruce Lee.

If my guy is 5'9'' at 120-130 lbs killing P90X, I'm sure he's in top shape. No one is doubting that. We're just critiquing since he wants to get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom