Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey_

Have any budget strapped young cats checked out the new JCP collection at JC Penney?

They've got some decent pieces those just getting started should take a look at.

Also, going forward, you'll see the Nick Wooster's influence on the collection.

Valet had a nice quick piece on his involvement.

Julius F. Wrek

Smooth, I need these in my life
pimp.gif
, any word on sizing? I'm a true 9.5 in Nike's
Pretty true to size. Im a 10 and ordered a 10, not tight at all.

Thanks Julius I wanted a beater oxford so Ima have to check out jcp SOON.

Did we ever update the garage sale thing we were gonna do.

I got a buttload of dressing better gear that fits me bad since I lost weight.

Im strapped for cash so tailoring is not an option right now and would like to see if the XL Nter's could fund a brother.

I know one cat asked me to take pics of the JCrew Sweat shorts, which I will.

I also have some awesome outerwear.

LMK cuz i think it would be cool or at least the Barter idea

I noticed camo khakis/cargos have been all the rage in the last couple pages.
Stopped by UO yesterday and saw these Dockers Alpha Khakis variety. About 65 bucks.
2pqjev8.jpg

Love the slim tapered look/feel on these.
mr3fc.jpg

Had to put a filter on the pic cuz there was too much sunlight in the room.
I'm 5'10, btw. 34x32 in the pic.

Copped mine @ UO as well, wore them this past weekend with Space Jams and got tons of compliments on Em, was even asked if they were made by G-Star :lol:

Info? you have hook ups or just wait for good sales. They may be my favorite pants i own thats why i asked. And now Alpha Cords are out....i need more

My first two pairs of Alphas were like $8 each thanks to NT and their sumbag ways of finding a glitch on a Kohls discount lmao.

I also scour sites like 6pm and zappos who often discount the pants. I usually buy off season. So for example i copped the burnt orange for $21 in the Summer '12 bc they were FW'11 colors.

timing is key my thrifty brosephs.

I currently have the british khaki, stone grey, navy blue, burnt orange, and camo pairs.

I am waiting for a nantucket red trype or salmon to replace my tommy hil F U red pants.

If I catch the disco I'll hit u up bro

Thanks man i have 2 pairs khaki and blue and got both when that khols error happened :lol: like 18 bucks for 2 shipped or something. Now i am spoiled. I want the camo and the cords but after getting each pair for $9, $68 seems high.

Hey_

Would anybody happen to know where I could get some Clark's Desert Boots (not bushacres) in brown suede in a size 8 for the low?

Thanks.

Julius F. Wrek

I noticed camo khakis/cargos have been all the rage in the last couple pages.
Stopped by UO yesterday and saw these Dockers Alpha Khakis variety. About 65 bucks.
2pqjev8.jpg

Love the slim tapered look/feel on these.
mr3fc.jpg

Had to put a filter on the pic cuz there was too much sunlight in the room.
I'm 5'10, btw. 34x32 in the pic.

what is UO i need a pair of these!!!

RFX - thanks for the suggestion, I know you've been like a ToJ spokesman around here foreveeeeeer...I would love to get one, but I'm the type of shopper that tries on everything before pulling the trigger, that whole send them my measurements and have them make it according is so complicated that I feel I'll never take the time to do it, not even anything to do with the money :frown: I need to give them a try though....any sinpler way to go about it?

Obina - I'm not sure what you mean about people in this thread being dipped in designer gear, that's far from the truth....the usual posters here shop at affordable places for the most part, places like Gap, Brooks, banana, Jcrew, etc....there is a high end gear thread and I think that's what you are confusing this thread with....my fit is Lacoste polo (70$) Jcrew 484's (90$) EXPRESS jacket (100$) with the exceptions of the yeezys which I could have gotten for retail but didn't I highly doubt your whole closet is valued @ 300$

There is an easier to go about getting a ToJ for sure, when I ordered mine, I simply measured my favorite and best fitting jacket and send that measurement in. The people operating/answering the emails are also very helpful and can advice you you on the fit and measurements, they try to make it pain free as much as possible.

I'd also ask WJ4 for advice, I believe he has a ToJ for every single day of the week. If anyone here on NT would know how the ToJ process goes, he's the guy to ask.

Too many times I run through these pages and see dudes literally all designer-out and IMO it looks way too trendy or just doing too much(expensive polo, designer jeans, designer jacket, designer shoes) Realistically for the majority of NTers, we either don't make large sums of money or just wouldn't spend that amount on one outfit. I've seen dudes in these threads whoms entire outfit is half my wardrobe. I personally just rather have 10 good jeans(idc what anyone says, Levis literally last FOREVER) than 3 pairs of designer jeans or some trendy based bomber jacket.

Really not sure if you are lost but in this particular thread, most clothes being posted are very affordable. They range from Dockers Alpha on deep discount or marked down by error on some website to Levis' to Express and Banana Republic with 40% off coupons. JCrew & Brooks Brothers are highly regarded as very expensive but they go on sale often (BB just had their friends & family sale) that makes it very affordable, GAP and it's collab is being discussed and a lot are excited about it and that one if pretty affordable.

I got those camos but for less money online; about $40

JCrew is having a 25% off plus free shipping over $150...Style25

If it must be black, then I say get a Jil Sander (my favorite dress shirts). Really hard to tell the details on a black shirt anyways so I'd just suggest getting something that is well made. There are plenty of designers that makes black shirts but if you want something with a bit more detail, I like McQueens leather harness shirt.
2q3neh3.jpg

Givenchy also has one with red detail on the collar and stars stitched on it.
2ynijv5.jpg

thanks RFX for pointing these out. moving away from straight black may be the way to go. It's funny because I let the guy borrow my D&G shirt, the one I eventually sold to him, and he received compliments on the shirt from chicks in the club - not much detailing on the shirt. :lol:.

I have an interview for an internship tomorrow and I was wondering if I should wear a suit or would I be just fine with tie, white dress shirt, and some dress pants? It's an internship for an office of like 5-6 people. The description said I'd just be interacting with customers, doing paperwork, and assisting the full time people there, and doing some marketing work and it was for all majors and any year so it's nothing major

I never had to wear suits a lot before so all the previous ones i had were pretty bad fitting imo. I bought one from Uniqlo and it fits pretty well to me only thing is the sleeves are too long. It's too late to get them shortened in time for the interview. The only times that they'll know the sleeves are too long is when i shake the interviewer(female) hand or when i'm waiting outside the office for her to call me in. Should i go with suit or just shirt + tie + dress pants?

I have an interview for an internship tomorrow and I was wondering if I should wear a suit or would I be just fine with tie, white dress shirt, and some dress pants? It's an internship for an office of like 5-6 people. The description said I'd just be interacting with customers, doing paperwork, and assisting the full time people there, and doing some marketing work and it was for all majors and any year so it's nothing major

I never had to wear suits a lot before so all the previous ones i had were pretty bad fitting imo. I bought one from Uniqlo and it fits pretty well to me only thing is the sleeves are too long. It's too late to get them shortened in time for the interview. The only times that they'll know the sleeves are too long is when i shake the interviewer(female) hand or when i'm waiting outside the office for her to call me in. Should i go with suit or just shirt + tie + dress pants?

I still say go with the suit. I mean you bought it and everything. Chances are most won't even notice how long the sleeves are but with a suit, you still give a great first impression to the one interviewing you and you only get one chance to make a great first impression.

Look at it this way, if you are the only one wearing a suit out of all the other possible interns, then you already have a leg up to the competition.

Damb I didnt even know they started stocking CDG.

Their stock isn't large though, only a sweater and cardigan with 3 colors each. They have the CDG Play chucks but only for women, I'd like to get the black JP version of those if they had it.

I think I'm gonna try and hit up JCPenny sometime this week....I got those Stafford wingtip boots last time I went to one and they're great value for the price...but that gray blazer and the Levi Jean bar thing they're putting in all the remodeled stores seem like nice pieces...I heard they got rid of most of the relaxed and loose fits Levis sells and focused on slimmer fitting pairs.....probably could get 2 pairs of 508's for like 75$ from there which would be dope

Wasn't going to buy a trench but since this one was made of wool blend and not really a rain coat and priced well at $180, I figure I'd give it a shot. Topman from Nordstrom.
24ep16c.jpg

Speaking of Topman from Nordstrom, there are a lot of good items and the suits looks nice but I got the pants and their smallest size (30x30) was baggier than expected especially since it's called skinny trousers. Their shirts fit nicely though, very slim throughout along with the sleeves which tends to be baggy on almost any brand. Worth a look if you find yourself inside a Nordstrom and they have it or if your NY and nearby the Topman shop.

Does anyone have suggestions for an all-gold watch? Preferably priced between 100-300$.

I'm rocking the $35 Casio joint as you can see in the camo khakis pic. I love it as an everyday piece, but i wanna step it up a little. Stopped by Barneys yesterday and they had an all gold Nixon Time Teller, super clean face, but the band was TERRIBLE. Some stretchy, bracelet-y appeal to it. :x

Don't wanna go the Michael Kors route, cuz that piece has been *****d to death. >D

Any input will be appreciated guys. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom